Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Let's play Pokemon Red without a pokemon centre! [On Hold]  (Read 7937 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Can you give me the next pokemon that you actually plan on fighting with (rather than using it for grind)?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you give me the next pokemon that you actually plan on fighting with (rather than using it for grind)?
A dugtrio. They're availalbe at around level 30, which is a lot higher than anything else I'm going to see for a long time. It'll become my powerhouse for a long time. I'm hoping that it can power me through to the point where I can get surf, upon which I'll get Zapdos using the type advantage. After I get zapdos, I can very quickly after get Articuno using the type advantage of Zapdos.

Also, I'm considering turning Meatshield into a HM slave. Strength and Fly are both very strong moves, and Cut is decent. It also allows me to have lots of HMs available without carrying around a low-power pokemon, and that can help combat his lack of PP.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile

Can Charzard learn Fly? I'm not sure he can. I've seen some jokes about it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Apparently it can.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep. Interestingly enough, it can also learn dig.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

This is absolutely amazing.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Watching while I get more feedback for my own LP.

Names for the name god:
Pinto
Walnut
Elmer
Honeycomb
Thigh
Dezi
HOPELESS

I'd like Dezi to be a pokemon you keep for your regular rotation. When I play I use drowzee/hypno for my psychic, if it fits into your plans I think that would be my preference.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:59:18 pm by ivanthe8th »
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I'm pretty sure Charizard can't learn fly in Red/Blue. It can in Yellow, but... that's not incredibly relevant.

Edit: What about Cut? That'll be good for some PP at least.
Edit2: Oh I missed the HM slave comment. It sounds like a good plan to me!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 11:01:37 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you get a Gastly/Haunter, could you name it Boo Radley?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like Dezi to be a pokemon you keep for your regular rotation. When I play I use drowzee/hypno for my psychic, if it fits into your plans I think that would be my preference.
I've got no plans right now to get a psychic in the near future for regular use.

Incidentally, I just realised that I can grind on magikarp using the old rod. That's going to be very useful.

So far I've gotten up to vermillion city. I'll grind a bit on magikarp, catch a dugtrio, and post the update.

After I do that, I might grind a bit more, then do SS Anne and gyms two and three in quick sucession. I'll do rock tunnel and that'll be the update after.

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, but can I still reserve Dezi for some other "kept" pokemon?

Also, how are you getting to Vermillion without beating Misty? I thought the Rocket guy blocked the road until you defeated her. Or does he move after meeting Bill?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:22:42 pm by ivanthe8th »
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He moves after you help Bill.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, but can I still reserve Dezi for some other "kept" pokemon?
I'll call the dugtrio Dezi.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Oh, I tough the Dugtrio would be Sheb. ;-(

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I tough the Dugtrio would be Sheb. ;-(
Oh sorry, I forgot about your post there.

New plan: Dugtrio will be Sheb, Zapdos will be Dezi.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5