Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Let's play Pokemon Red without a pokemon centre! [On Hold]  (Read 7941 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

K'Tiss
Rango
Thul'Gor
Prendegast
Lossoc
Cheevios

If you need some!

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...I'll recruit a lvl.12 rattata...

With that kind of language, we should name one pokemon Nanoha. Put Yaroslav, Gustav, Orson and Howard in the queue as well.

Grind on, buddy!

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll start the next update in a bit. If you want to reserve one of the suggested names for a specific pokemon, then give a yell and I'lll do so.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well if you ever plan on capturing a nidorino you might want to name him Gustav. Kung Gustav I. Though I doubt you can actually get Nidoking evolutions in 1st Gen without stones/trading, am I right?

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well if you ever plan on capturing a nidorino you might want to name him Gustav. Kung Gustav I. Though I doubt you can actually get Nidoking evolutions in 1st Gen without stones/trading, am I right?
You can get moon stones in gen 1, and they can be used on Nidorinos, so a Nidoking is possible.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update IV: Mt. Moon and Beyond!

Spoiler: Update (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: About the update (click to show/hide)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

My pokemon is useful! Hurrah!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooh does that HP up sell for about 5k pokedollars like I think it should? That's a nice find if it does. This seems like it could be a fun way to play the game, but I think I would need to make it significantly easier by picking one of the games with re-challengeable trainers so there's effectively infinite money. I feel like it would be a serious shame to get 20 hours in and just run out of money and have no trainers to fight to get more. Good luck and I hope that doesn't happen to you!
I'll toss in Robin and Zomph as names, too.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

Ahaha, you pokemonized me! Caused small wtf there for a while when I first saw it. Too bad I was cannon fodder!  :D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:06:01 pm by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the main challenges will be getting to the point where you've got to buy the drink (save some cash!), and Vic. Road.  :)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

I would just like to say, if you do a complete LP of this, I will be very surprised. An LP in it of itself is a lot of work, and to top that off with hours of grinding...well, like I said, I would be surprised. Nevertheless, good job so far.

Lucky paralysis is always a nice thing to have.

Finely, how long did it take you to find a Pikachu? I have never seen one in Veridian Forest, and I assumed they just didn't spawn there.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finely, how long did it take you to find a Pikachu? I have never seen one in Veridian Forest, and I assumed they just didn't spawn there.

Going by memory, they're there but they're rare. 1 in 20 is a decent pika appearance rate. You definitely had to grind to get them to appear.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would just like to say, if you do a complete LP of this, I will be very surprised. An LP in it of itself is a lot of work, and to top that off with hours of grinding...well, like I said, I would be surprised. Nevertheless, good job so far.

Lucky paralysis is always a nice thing to have.

They're pretty rare - only 5% chance.

I'm going to try and minimize the grinding involved. I've made a lot of progress since the last update. Since grinding on metapods and kakunas is not an option anymore, the game is getting a lot tighter. Money is not so much of an issue, but pp is starting to become a big concern.

I'm going to try and minimize the grinding involved by picking up pokemon at as high a level as possible. The legendary birds are going to be a very good source. Once I can pick up a few strong pokemon, it's a matter of foreknowledge and type advantage.

I'm debating whether or not to keep using Meatshield. Currently, he's the heaviest hitter on the team, but he'll need a lot of grinding to keep him that way. Furthermore, he has a really slow rate of learning techniques. He learns Leer at 15, Rage at 24 (which I don't like) and slash at 33. That's seventeen levels without any useful moves learnt. The only way that I can keep him able to fight is via the use of TMs (I've already used mega punch on him, I'm debating whether Dig and Seismic toss would be best used on him). Even after learning slash, there tends to be about ten levels between new moves.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They're pretty rare - only 5% chance.

Is this accurate? Damn I'm good 8)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At least on an emu you can increase the speed of battles, I suppose. :)

More names if needed:
Duke
Quentin
Royal Nut
Kerlicks
Hugo III
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5