Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: Shadowrun Returns - Let's Kickstart this into space  (Read 51951 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun Returns - Let's Kickstart this into space
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2013, 10:14:51 am »

BTW, Steam keys for backers started going out a few days ago. Backers, be sure to check your spam folders.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2013, 10:16:57 am »

Yeah, I unexpectedly got three keys instead of one.  Pretty sweet.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2013, 10:27:41 am »

Ha! If you want to give any away...(because my luck with giveaways is always awful even though I've entered the Shadowrun one)... ;)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2013, 10:42:50 am »

Ha! If you want to give any away...(because my luck with giveaways is always awful even though I've entered the Shadowrun one)... ;)

Ah, I already gave them to some IRL friends.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2013, 11:08:35 am »

Ha, good call fella! They will likely now owe you many sexual favours ;)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2013, 09:18:22 am »

Judging from the launch trailer, they seem to have a hitpoint system instead of the Shadowrun wound system, is that correct?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2013, 02:20:44 am »

There seems to be some confusion about this game so I have included a link below. Some quick points.......this is not multiplayer(Shadowrun Online is a different game from a different studio), the game is a linear(ish) rpg. It comes with a Seattle grand campaign and the editor. The editor is extremely easy to use and pretty robust. Within weeks you will have several high quality campaigns from talented mod groups and a month or two later we should see the Berlin campaign from HBS. The Berlin campaign is hoped to add extra gameplay features that couldn't be put in SRR because of budget and time. You don't run the game on a server at this point. It might be modded to persistent world/live GM status like NWN did, but not at this point. Finally, this is an indie game. It was created by a small studio on a relatively small budget. This is their breakout title so with the money they are making on this we can expect much high quality and quantity coming from them.

http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/25197/shadowrun-returns-faq-unofficial

edit: They raised 1.8 million usd and after taxes and fees and failed payments they had just under 1 million. I think they did a great job with this, but you can tell they have a lot more ideas to add aftr they make some more money. Due to being on a bunch of platforms by the end of the year, I expect they will have enough money to keep making content and features for this game. Expect campaigns, content for the editor and expansions adding major features/changes to gameplay. If all goes well, they could be the next Bioware(in their golden age, not today).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:25:06 am by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2013, 09:06:44 am »

I'm not trying to be rude or accusatory, but it does kind of sound like you're already in "apology mode" based on what you've played. I say that having followed the game since its inception and being fully aware of how much was cut/couldn't be done on their budget. Without asking you to throw them under the bus, are you feeling underwhelmed about some areas of the game?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2013, 09:07:48 am »

Excuse the double post, it's 7+ hours later........

Here is a quick look at the editor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyRBqnxKe5M

Game length: My connection said his first playthrough was 14.5 hours and his second play was just over 11 hours. He said using a different class player and making different choices changed things up a bit. He said the campaign was satisfying and a good introduction to this shadowrun world. He also felt that they held as true to SR rules as possible while still making it work as a video game.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2013, 09:14:09 am »

I'm not trying to be rude or accusatory, but it does kind of sound like you're already in "apology mode" based on what you've played. I say that having followed the game since its inception and being fully aware of how much was cut/couldn't be done on their budget. Without asking you to throw them under the bus, are you feeling underwhelmed about some areas of the game?

Not at all, I'm just starting to get the feeling that some people haven't done the due diligence you have. I have seen people speculating some wild things from the game and I don't want to hear a bunch of QQ on Thursday night because people thought the game was actually going to pull them into the Matrix and cook them dinner. The game is actually BETTER than I expected, but my expectations were on the low end of the spectrum. I kind of expected Jagged Alliance Back in Action meets the SNES version of Shadowrun. What I got was much better than that. It should also be noted that TWO full length user created campaigns are scheduled to be finished by release, adding around 18 hours more.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2013, 11:59:10 am »

I'm so looking forward to this.  :)  Anyone else rushing to finish games before SR comes out?

I kind of expected Jagged Alliance Back in Action meets the SNES version of Shadowrun.

This is all I really want.  My biggest paranoia at this point is if the story/dialog is bad.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 12:04:14 pm by Levi »

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2013, 12:22:35 pm »

I'm so looking forward to this.  :)  Anyone else rushing to finish games before SR comes out?

If anything, I'm re-playing games just to tide me over until the game comes out. I've started another Crusader Kings II Game of Thrones game, another Saint's Row The Third (I can't wait for IV!) play through and even reinstalled Jagged Alliance 2 plus mods to pass the time.

I'm hoping Shadowrun Returns takes me through until the release of Saint's Row IV amongst other things and then on to GTA V, Football Manager 2014 and then the PS4.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2013, 12:44:10 pm »

The second I heard the game was 12 hours long I sort of put it off of my wishlist.

It by no means isn't worth its price for 12 hours, nor is it any worse for being 12 hours.

It is just a bit short for a game of its type.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2013, 02:45:33 pm »

The second I heard the game was 12 hours long I sort of put it off of my wishlist.

It by no means isn't worth its price for 12 hours, nor is it any worse for being 12 hours.

It is just a bit short for a game of its type.

If you look at is as buying a gaming environment, however, with the ability for the modding community to not only create new stories but also create/add new components to the game itself - it's more than worth the money and the investment.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2013, 03:04:35 pm »

I'm not here to talk anyone into it or out of it. If the 12+ hour campaign that comes with it and the editor aren't worth $18 to you, that's cool. The game was designed to allow people to create adventures for each other in the Shadowrun Universe. They intend on growing the game as time goes on, with the Berlin campaign being close to 20 hours and then most likely Tokyo or another locale. Additionally they will be releasing more artwork weapons and assets for use in the editor. Sales will most likely allow the development of SRR 2 but that would most likely have a traditional publisher, which comes with the benefits and flaws therein.

This is exactly why I wanted to inform people what to expect with this. Many people haven't done much research into what SRR is. I am happy with it and am disappointed with SRO because as of right now, it looks EXACTLY like Jagged Alliance Online which is not very good imho.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27