Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Shadowrun Returns - Let's Kickstart this into space  (Read 51839 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun Returns - Let's Kickstart this into space
« Reply #345 on: January 29, 2014, 11:42:09 pm »

I got there, and beat the fight. And then my game crashed and I had to restart from the beginning of the mission.

I haven't touched it since.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 30, 2014, 10:01:13 am »

Also I hired one of those goons with remote controlled drones. They're kinda crap :P

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 30, 2014, 10:56:59 am »

It takes a lot of Rigging skill to make them worth it. You need at least a B Class Drone for it not die under direct fire during a mission.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 11, 2014, 07:45:21 pm »

Woo, finally got the game on GOG.com sans DRM. Finished the campaign a few days ago. Enjoyed it, and I can see why they felt it was OK to make it so linear. Looking back, the SNES version was a bit linear too.

Looked around and found one guy who is evidently remaking the Genesis version but is only 75% of the way finished. And another remaking the SNES version but is only up to the Rat part so ... maybe 50% finished? And neither sounds like they're making very fast progress. I want it now!

Does anyone suggest any user-generated adventures?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 12, 2014, 11:38:12 am »

Does anyone suggest any user-generated adventures?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=168214166
Yes, that one. It has semi-random missions, from netrunning, bodyguard, courier work to infiltration of corps. You increase your reputation and get better shops and Johnsons. You get "story missions" when you get enough reputation for the next "level". It saves in any city district change, and you can explore pretty much every district from the start (tho most NPCs won't help you since your rep is not high enough).

The spelling can get really bad at times, but that's to be expected from a fan module.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 12, 2014, 02:40:07 pm »

One problem I heard about with autosaving is that the game becomes bogged down and performance takes a dive unless you clear out your saves regularly. Which is fine I guess. It just would be nice to save whenever I want instead of autosaving (whoever at HBS thought THAT was a great idea?).

Also it sounds like modding isn't that easy, there's a lot that's locked behind hardcoding and it causes a lot of stumbling blocks. For example, I think the guy making the SR:Unlimited package used an unused data field for Drain Resistance instead of just defining a new variable? Why ever would you do that unless you had to?

I have a patch from GOG and I guess it's the most recent. Are there murmurs about another patch coming?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 03, 2014, 06:36:47 pm »

Sorry for the necro, but I've just spent all night playing this and wanted to talk about it.
It seems pretty dang fun to me, despite the poor reviews I've heard. Sure, it's rail-roady as hell, but if you approach it more as an adventure game kind of thing it's excellent. Combat leaves a lot to be desired, though, but oh well.

I think I've gotten stuck on a fairly late-game mission, annoyingly. A dead enemy seems to have frozen in its "collapsing on the floor and dying" animation, stopping the level from ending. Going to try loading my game again, see if I can fix it. :-\

Edit: Hmm, I think I figured out what causes the problem- it happens when I kill an enemy right at the end of my turn before a scripted event happens. Guess I'll try and avoid that.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 07:27:51 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 05, 2014, 12:07:32 pm »

In defense of this necro, I think it is worthwhile for the topic to be bumped to the top of people's "new replies" list so that old commenters here can see it.

Anyhow, I just noticed that the game had been updated.  The news is that there are new missions and new endings added to Dragonfall.  I had meant to start a second playthrough to try to do some things differently (I wasn't able to save the relationship on the first run through, and chose not to kill the AI).  But now I guess I have some more motivation to get back into it.

Has anyone tried the new content?  Any idea what the new missions are about?  Storyline enhancing, or just random?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 05, 2014, 12:13:03 pm »

I'm kind of curious too.  I really enjoyed Dragonfall, maybe I should play it again with a new character.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 05, 2014, 07:39:51 pm »

Huh.  So it is.  I saw the game was updated and the news post on steam described the directors cut, so I assumed....

I guess the update was the 1.2.7 patch.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 06, 2014, 10:22:30 am »

Yeah the Cut isn't ready yet. I wonder if it's also included in the Kickstarter deal?

I hope so, it looks awesom... eh, it mostly just looks like rule changes for cover and damage so I guess it's alright.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 18, 2014, 12:43:59 pm »

Update: Dragonfall, Director Cut is out, today.

Also, it's standalone, so it won't update your previous Shadowrun, or so it seems.

Either way, those who backed it should have it available in the library regardless.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 18, 2014, 03:42:23 pm »

the press release says it will be available in the library of anyone who purchased the original.  Will check it out tonight.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 13, 2015, 01:24:47 pm »

So, Shadowrun Returns Returns to Kickstarter.  Taking place in Hong Kong this time.  I had a great time with Dragonfall, so I think I'll fund this again.  :D

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27