Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: Shadowrun Returns - Let's Kickstart this into space  (Read 51903 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun Returns - Let's Kickstart this into space
« Reply #225 on: July 27, 2013, 06:11:35 pm »

However I spent like 15 minutes trying to find a floor for "rails", and yet it does not look like rails, so I will probably have to sprite and add my own "railroad" floor tile.

Not sure you can at this time, what with not being able to import assets.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2013, 06:14:11 pm »

However I spent like 15 minutes trying to find a floor for "rails", and yet it does not look like rails, so I will probably have to sprite and add my own "railroad" floor tile.

Not sure you can at this time, what with not being able to import assets.

Well someone managed to make a woman on a bed asset on the Steam Workshop and will shortly be turning it into a props pack....and they work.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2013, 06:21:25 pm »

Yeah, but he replaced the empty bed with it I think.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2013, 06:23:19 pm »

It's definitely not an intuitive way to add custom assets into the game, that's for sure. The general optimism for Shadowrun modding definitely reminds me of all the interest in the Alien Swarm mod community, and I think we all know how that turned out.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2013, 06:29:16 pm »

Yeah, but he replaced the empty bed with it I think.

He modified the empty bed and added the modified tile as a new prop. So the old bed is still available, as is the new one.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2013, 06:40:44 pm »

Ah, ok. Well, then I have hope for more variety.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 28, 2013, 01:21:47 am »

One thing I've learned from DF, there's always a way around :D.

Now if only I was good at writing plots :(.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 28, 2013, 03:03:15 am »

Played quite a bit yesterday and I must say, it is growing on me. I still find it shallow and
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
but it actually gave me quite a rush on the runs where my mercs are desperately trying to hold the fort while my pc frantically blasts through the ice of the corporate system we are breaking into.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 28, 2013, 03:06:18 am »

I did actually enjoy how they retained a good semblance of flow when switching between decking and actual combat, felt smooth and occasionally created tension when you actually were able to be in a situation where you had to defend while having your decker mess around.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 28, 2013, 04:13:32 am »

Yeah, my opinion keeps going back and forth on it. The thing about "class perception" is actually in there like they described for the most part. It's just not as flashy and hard to remember it's going on. There is at least one decking jack in point I know I missed, and one I almost missed later on. For all that decking is just a reskinned version of combat where you can reprogram your abilities, it IS cool how you get more actions in the Matrix than in Meat Space. During insane fights I done in mods I can see that being very neat. Imagine if you could hack people's cyberware from the Matrix, hehe.

I actually managed to die in a spot on normal, but to be fair, it's kind of a bs fight. I'd stopped taking the game seriously, and one misplaced ball lightning later....badness. The fact the heal spells only heal the last wound dealt really keeps healing being OP in check. Of course you can always buy a shitload of medkits and it's not a problem.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 28, 2013, 09:48:18 am »

I'm enjoying mapping a bit too much :).

It's a real pity you cannot normally change assets of items like guns, armor etc (only through direct editing of some files).

I'm making Redmond Barrens from Sega Genesis version now.
There're already The Jump House, The Jack's Lantern, Stocker's Coffin Motel and Ares MacroTech buildings.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 28, 2013, 10:58:08 am »

Finished the game.  :)  Its a bit of a shame that it was so focused on combat, but all in all I had fun.  The main things that bothered me were:

1)  I can't use a hired decker to hack anything like doors or safes.  Seriously, wtf?
2)  It felt like I went from wussy to all powerful really quick.  Even playing on hard and with me dumping most my points into charisma, nothing could touch my shotgun wielding elf.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 28, 2013, 01:13:09 pm »

Yeah, you get way to much Karma imho. I don't mind giving out more Karma then the PnP rules suggest in a CRPG, but my Decker was happily shooting people (and stuff) with his assault rifle.

But...you do not need a Smartgun implant, just some weapons have it attached, correct?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 28, 2013, 11:52:16 pm »

Deon, just a quick question to ask if you'd be willing to answer, but what does replacing assets as a way to get around the non-custom asset limitation mean for the average player? Is installation going to be as easy as picking a mod off the steam workshop and installing it, or would it involve a little bit of extra work in order to get it running? Whether or not mods with custom assets are easily addable is going to sort of make or break the modding community of this game, and even if it is really easy it's not likely it'll go REALLY far.
Welcome to Reality.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 29, 2013, 12:00:51 am »

Now if only I was good at writing plots

Plots aren't that hard...

Let me make up one right now... A Corp is creating a new dog food that will infect all the canines with a Nanobot virus that will resequence their proteins to create a contagious virus in their owners that the corp are the only ones who can cure.

Done and 10 times better then more of the plots people come up with.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27