Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How often to you use stonesense?

I consider it an essential part of Dwaf Fortress, and can't play without it.
- 119 (18.4%)
I use it for pretty screenshots, but otherwise don't use it during play.
- 211 (32.7%)
I only try it occasionally.
- 174 (27%)
I have no idea why I'm even in this thread, I don't use it.
- 141 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 642

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 85

Author Topic: Stonesense: Usage Poll!  (Read 733298 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense: New official thread.
« Reply #225 on: May 21, 2012, 09:54:22 am »

That never happenned to me. Or maybe it did and I didn't notice.

wait and see if it's still there in the next version.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #226 on: May 21, 2012, 04:45:24 pm »

Actually, I've checked out the version that's currently residing with the incomplete dfhack that's floating around, and the problem doesn't seem to occur there.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I also finished up the rough stone(even if it's not perfect, it's only for default stones anyhow) I probably need to have it a bit less high-contrast, but otherwise it seems okay. I also made smoothed stone. Of the default-stone there's only the constructed stone that needs finishing(and then I'll need to figure out how to get stonesense to read that proper) I updated the dropbox folder.

Because we can now see the tracks, I want to do those next. However, there's a couple of little problems I can't quite wrap my head around:
Tracks are floortiles with a certain terrain value. So a engraved horizontal track in dwarf fortress has value of 528.(Constructed tracks have their own values)

So that be easy right? We just make a tile for each of those tracks! However, if we hit enter to turn the view, the horizontal track will be drawn facing the other way. And as far as I can tell, there's no way to tell stonesense to check if there's a tile of a specific value right next to it so that the track can be drawn the correct way.

Similarly, we would want the minecart to face the correct way on the tracks. the new minecart and the wheelbarrow are both tools, and thus fall under the item-types that have recently gotten recognised. How do we do this?

I'll probably focus on making pixelart for these for now instead of the HD stuff, unless someone else wants to do it instead.

EDIT: seconds after I post this I find out that DFhack has been officially updated, go figure.

EDIT2: Also, I fixed the craftsdwarfs workshop. It seems that Toady had decided that 'craftdwarfs workshop' wasn't the correct spelling. Dunno what's wrong with blueprints.xml and shop.xml. Can't test it either, because shop.xml isn't in the game anymore. Maybe it's best to disable it for now?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:03:39 pm by therahedwig »
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #227 on: May 21, 2012, 05:08:45 pm »

EDIT: seconds after I post this I find out that DFhack has been officially updated, go figure.
Yep. It would be better to have all those tracks in stonesense, but that would take too much time.I simply had to get the release out so people stop using unfinished self-built versions with bugs in them :)

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #228 on: May 21, 2012, 05:19:44 pm »

That's alright. I was more flabergasted because I had been waiting to see my more developed fort in stonesense, so I was happy to use the buggy version, and only mere hours after I manage to get stuff working the official release is released.

Tracks need a little more consideration anyway.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 21, 2012, 05:20:01 pm »

Just have to say, these new high res tiles are looking awesome so far.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 21, 2012, 07:37:41 pm »

I think for tracks what we need is something that changes the tiletype stored in stonesense depending on the direction of the view.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 21, 2012, 10:34:07 pm »

I think for tracks what we need is something that changes the tiletype stored in stonesense depending on the direction of the view.

It might be stupid, but couldn't you just have Stonesense label its rotation.

The four rotation states could be NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, and WEST (where the direction is the one on the upper-right in each view).

Then label the directional track segments images with the names of the Stonesense directions (UPPER-RIGHT, LOWER-RIGHT, LOWER-LEFT, and UPPER-LEFT).
When drawing the screen, when you run hit a tile with the same direction (N, S, E, W) as the current rotation make it draw the UPPER-RIGHT sprite.

Sort of like how a compass always points North, but here the compass always points to the Upper-Right. You could probably use some fancy enumerations to achieve the effect. And Stonesense probably already uses something to determine its current rotation that can be used for this anyway.

There's probably some reason you can't do this though and I'm probably just grasping at straws, but it is a thought.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 21, 2012, 10:53:40 pm »

easier just to change the tiletypes, really.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 22, 2012, 12:51:45 am »

just wanted to say the reading of skin and hair color form game is really awesome, i simply copied the elf.xml for my drows and it worked instantly (was expecting pink elves running around in stonesense first ^^)

User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 22, 2012, 01:04:20 am »

That looks quite cool Rhenaya. I've always been a fan of the Drow.

Anyways, here's a screenshot showing some things that need fixing.
You can see how the walkway is rendered wrong by looking at the other two towers.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 22, 2012, 01:14:20 am »

You say Drow, I say Dunmer XD
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 22, 2012, 01:58:36 am »

That looks quite cool Rhenaya. I've always been a fan of the Drow.

Anyways, here's a screenshot showing some things that need fixing.
You can see how the walkway is rendered wrong by looking at the other two towers.

press O for switching between being fast and seeing everything.

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 22, 2012, 02:14:19 am »

Ohh, neat. I've been wondering why SS has been so fast with a 80x20 size lately. That makes sense.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 22, 2012, 02:20:41 am »

i say spider loving, black skinned, evil, slaverydriven, matriarchal, pointy eared humanoids... you think of generic dark skinned elves and put it to the first you can think of :p
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 22, 2012, 05:10:50 am »

i say spider loving, black skinned, evil, slavery driven, matriarchal, pointy eared humanoids... you think kwama loving, dark grey skinned, evil, slavery driven, pointy eared humanoids and put it to the first you can think of :p
ftfy
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 85