Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How often to you use stonesense?

I consider it an essential part of Dwaf Fortress, and can't play without it.
- 119 (18.4%)
I use it for pretty screenshots, but otherwise don't use it during play.
- 211 (32.7%)
I only try it occasionally.
- 174 (27%)
I have no idea why I'm even in this thread, I don't use it.
- 141 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 642

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 85

Author Topic: Stonesense: Usage Poll!  (Read 733912 times)

Haputanlas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense: Usage Poll!
« Reply #945 on: June 08, 2014, 12:03:25 pm »

By the way, Adventure mode seems to work fairly well.

However, there are two gripes I have that make the experience less than desirable
1. Arrow keys are reversed (up=down, left=right, etc)
2. Open spaces don't seem to be open (Opaque)

Are the key bindings editable?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 01:47:33 pm by Haputanlas »

Haputanlas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 08, 2014, 01:55:36 pm »

Quick update. I was doing a few things wrong.
1. The keybind 'o' for toggling worked fine. However, you have to have the stonesense window active when pushing this key (It was hidden behind the actual overlay window)
2. Also, I rotated the view 180 and the keybindings for the arrows works as expected. This is a bug that will hopefully be resolved some time soon.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 11, 2014, 03:13:45 pm »

So I generally only use stonesense for screens or just to take a look at how my fort looks but I don't like all the variation in the grasses. I find it makes things look cluttered and messy and that really isn't what I want to see. I tried turning the grasses .xml off in the index.text but it created a situation where much of the landscape had no grass whatsoever.

What is the simplest way to get it so that the only variation in the grass is in the color?
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 11, 2014, 11:38:47 pm »

Quickest way would probably be to make your own tileset.

Or I could throw one together. I'm a work right now, but i can do it once I get home.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 11, 2014, 11:46:56 pm »

I can probably frankenstein one together from the textures available myself. I was kind of hoping to avoid that because I am not great at getting transparencies to work but I will figure it out.

Thanks though.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Overlay!
« Reply #950 on: June 18, 2014, 02:47:04 pm »

I am fooling with the stonesense overlay "alpha".  As noted, adventure mode seems to be very good, except for one thing.

It may be a simple thing I can toggle off, as I am not familiar with stonesense.

Its like reverse fog of war. There is yellow opaque blocks everywhere I should be able to see.

Its like stonesense shows highlighted areas with solid yellow blocks.  Is this the case? If so can I turn off the highlighting or hack the sprite/source file for the highlite block to be all transparent?

This made me realize I can use two monitors to play on the df window monitor while looking at the 2nd stonesense monitor, seems like there should be a simpler way though.

Thanks for any info!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: June 18, 2014, 11:20:43 pm »

The yellow solid blocks are likely a bug. They're definately not meant to be there.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 19, 2014, 05:52:34 am »

In adventure mode df uses same designations in different meaning. Maybe that could be it?

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 20, 2014, 01:06:40 am »

I think it is.  . Maybe if you could turn off the visibility effect in adventure mode it would work.

Regular stonesense doesn't show these blocks in adventure but they do look like the designation blocks in fort mode. I have looked through the modded stonesense folder in hopes of figuring out a way to hack it away, with no luck. I was hopeing to find the source png for that yellow block and try something.

Its just not quite ready and we gotta be patient I suppose!!! Theres a reason he didn't post the link!!

Its very awesome though!

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: June 20, 2014, 05:06:02 am »

also my dwarves look like this, anyone know whats wrong?

TBH I actually like that mannequin look,

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #955 on: June 20, 2014, 05:27:28 am »

Just wanted to ask if a dfhack r5 update for Stonesense is planned, or if any timeframe for it is known.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: June 20, 2014, 02:27:05 pm »

Oh, I completely misunderstood the purpose of Stonesense!  I thought it revealed the stone layers. Heck, earlier I would have been a "why am I here?" vote but now, now I gotta get this and try it out!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: June 21, 2014, 09:02:18 am »

I've fixed various adventure mode issues, but there's still some there that prevent it from being used exclusively, namely that things like maps, announcements, and the compass are covered up by the overlay.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 09:06:19 am by Japa »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 21, 2014, 10:40:25 pm »

expwnent released an updated version of stonesense, available in the DFHack thread.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: June 22, 2014, 03:23:06 am »

I've got a slightly unusual problem. Stonesense works fine for me with most forts, but it crashes DF when I try to load the one fort I actually want to load in Stonesense. As far as I can tell, Stonesense isn't giving any error messages. It loads a blue screen with a functioning yellow cube selector (it says "no map loaded" in the upper right corner), but as soon as I unpause DF, the game freezes.

As it happens, the fort I want to load is very old, and the save file is well over 100mb, so I can't upload it to Dffd as is. I do have a version of that save with with the fort abandoned which is under 100mb: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8333. If anyone is willing to take a look at it, the fort to reclaim is Zanoravuz.

Just reporting that the bug which causes this save not to load still exists in the newest release.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 85