Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 5/20]  (Read 9150 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 4/20]
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2012, 11:36:03 pm »

The book of Order Chapter 4:

When Tyreal saw that the Seeker had fallen to the forces of chaos, he wept, then prayed unto The Gods, his masters for a great champion of his own. Then, Tyreal went to the jungle, found the new living creatures and guide them to knowledge and honor. He took the most just of them, and shaped them into the mighty clerics, mighty warriors with staves blessed by the grand-cleric, and infused with the lords own power. The very best however, were taken to sanctuary, where they became his lieutenants, veritable tanks, with the honor and stability within them purified and forged into their souls.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2012, 02:30:58 am »

Er whoops. Terribly sorry.

And lo, in its likeness did Robogoshi forge the birthling creatures, that certain amongst them would become as great bears, able to walk the earth from shattered southern wasteland to frozen Eden of the north. And these bears were granted spirits which, when the noble bears did pass away, would linger and inhabit the places of their life.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2012, 05:31:19 am »

Action: Empathica travels among her children in the form of a divine light, protecting and nurturing them-and having them to worship her as they should.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2012, 10:27:32 am »

Tyrion, you son of a bitch, once I figure out how big of a thrashing I'm going to give you, you're going to regret the day you crossed this transdimensional posthuman superintelligence!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2012, 10:34:13 am »

Arshorath decides to support CHARIOT's next action.

Arshorath hailed the entity named CHARIOT through suggestion instead of voice, for the God was interested in the technology the former being employed. He made his name known and proposed cooperation for the creation of life. One would help each other in turn: Arshorath would support CHARIOT's next action and vice-versa until they built a lively world.
((Interested?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2012, 02:19:27 pm »

Tyrion, you son of a bitch, once I figure out how big of a thrashing I'm going to give you, you're going to regret the day you crossed this transdimensional posthuman superintelligence!

GO TIME!

Edit: Well, actually, this may be a good excuse to populate the world now that I think about it :/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:45:41 pm by empfan »

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2012, 06:08:40 pm »

GO TIME!

Edit: Well, actually, this may be a good excuse to populate the world now that I think about it :/
Indeed it is.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2012, 06:13:32 pm »

Hey Hellhound. If you just throw some divine minions at me, I can go after him and you don't need to waste your turns.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2012, 06:15:53 pm »

Hey Hellhound. If you just throw some divine minions at me, I can go after him and you don't need to waste your turns.

Hmmm, the first clash between heaven and hell, this will be interesting...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2012, 04:27:10 am »

Into all this chaos, I feel a little order is needed:

Into the Hypericosahedron of creation an observer blinks in: The BookKeeper, who will catalouge the story of the universe from the far reaches of space. (Example, at the very edge of the hypericosahedron)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2012, 01:07:32 pm »

Hmm. Alright.

---

With the help of Arshorath, CHARIOT creates an army of killer-machines and gives them to Tyreal to lead into the depths after Tyrion. Nothing can backfire here.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2012, 02:06:13 pm »

Nothing can backfire here.

Always the best type of RtD action.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2012, 04:35:17 pm »

Couldn't have thought of a better name myself.

AGE V

(...) Repeatedly taking his own name in vain, Derm turned down the heat and patted out the flames. What remained was a smoldering, glowing ring around the crater of CHARIOT, a glowing beacon of latent sparks which persisted for many years before disappearing entirely.

Back on Pratchett, Robogoshi attempted to make a new creature with the visage of himself and his antediluvian ancestor, Time. (...) It turns out there already was a creature with that description, and Robogoshi's meddling caused them all to drop dead. Their souls did not remain.

(...) It was at this time that Empathica finally descended upon Pratchett, to see her new children. But she did not find the creatures she had so laboriously nurtured before, and instead found a creature of unknown origin: Humans. The fledgling species spread across the tundra, killing just about every other creature they came across, and made a home in the Goshi Jungle, starting a civilization there. The new species gazed up at the stars, and heard the whispers of a being that called itself Empathica. Above them they saw two moons gliding through the void, and one had a curious aberration.

A dark spot surrounded by a glowing ring was visible on its surface at night. The humans came to call this anomaly The Eye of Empathica after the spirit that had guided them. It formed the basis of their spiritual beliefs for millenia.

Deep in the void, Arshorath and CHARIOT forged an army of mechanical beings. They would be the protectors of the deep, and fight against the forces of Tyrion. (...) (...) Working together, they built a vast army and placed it in the hands of Tyreal. He knew what to do.

(...) Daenerys, in secret, created the humans from a lump of clay and sent them to the terrestrial plane. There they would be found by Empathica and given tools, growing into a civilization fit for judgment. (...) After Empathica sent them on their way, Tyreal descended before the humans and trained the most able of them as mighty clerics. Before he could fully train them however, he was called away to combat the legions of his nemesis, Tyrion. "Remember well what I have taught thee. I shall return one day, but now I must go to defend this place from those who would seek to destroy it. Farewell."

(...) Tyrion had his own plans. In the darkness of the Realm of Nightmares, he amassed an army of fish demons and cast them forth through the rift of space. They arrived in the western sea, ready to escape to the surface and wreak havoc on the world above. Waiting for them in the abyss, however, were the mechanical armies of CHARIOT and Arshorath, headed by none other than Tyreal!

The battle raged on and on, and the fish demons fought well, but the overwhelming numbers of the mechanical army were too much. The fish demon army was obliterated with few survivors, and the mechanical beings used their combined might to collapse the rocky ocean floor on top of the rift to the Realm of Nightmares. With the rift sealed, Tyrion was trapped within the Realm of Nightmares with his demonic courtesans courtiers.

But the mechanical beings were not satisfied. They overwhelmed Tyreal and cast him from the western sea, which would later come to be known as the Abyssal Sea, and forsook their creators! Beneath the waves, the mechanoids mustered their strength and prepared to attack the surface dwellers and take the world for themselves, in defiance of the gods which had created them.

At the edge of the universe, so subtly that even the gods had not recognized it, a daemon had appeared. He watched the events of the cosmos transpire, and with his quill and scroll he recorded the events as they came to pass. He called himself The Bookkeeper, and performed his duty without falter.

Maps

Spoiler: Pratchett (Disc World) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ??? (Water Moon) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (Rocky Moon) (click to show/hide)

Races
Humans - Presumably some sort of hairy ape-like creature. Created by Daenerys, Sylph of Judgment, in her own image.
Technology: Primitive | Settlements: 1 | Status: Dominant | Pantheon: Empathica, Tyreal

Daemons
  • Sakitan
  • Tyrion - Lord of Nightmares; lives in the Realm of Nightmares (sealed beneath the abyssal sea) and reaps the souls of the dead.
  • Daenerys - Sylph of Judgment; lives in the Plane of Judgment and appraises the souls of the dead.
  • Tyreal - King of Sanctuary; steel giant that lives in Sanctuary and guides the souls of the dead.
  • The Bookkeeper - Scribe of the Cosmos; drifts at the edge of the universe and records all that he sees.
  • Christis the Trickster
  • Wadæn
  • Lerashac
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 5/20]
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2012, 04:40:24 pm »

"Humans? I gotta step up my game... sapient creatures, sapient creatures... Aha!"

Elementals! Beings formed out of the very material of my moon, on my moon. Fire in the core, earth in the crust, air in the sky, water in the lakes, wood in the forests, metal in the plateau, energy in the storm, and a dual balance of Void and Aether in space. Humanoid by default and very intelligent, they shall become a civilization unto themselves.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:42:41 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 5/20]
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2012, 04:49:06 pm »

And lo, slightly in its likeness did Robogoshi this time forge the birthling sea creatures, that certain amongst them would become as great sea bears, able to circumnavigate the earth from shattered southern wasteland to frozen Eden of the north. And these sea bears were maybe this time granted spirits which, when the noble seabears did pass away, would linger in the air and float over the land with the morning breeze, and inhabit the sacred sites of the earth, clinging to land as they could not in life. And thus the humans that would come to worship their spirits would learn to respect and fear the sea, that their icons fled in death's eternal life.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8