Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 95

Author Topic: Holy Crap Minecarts (Devlog Quote)  (Read 250088 times)

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Crap Minecarts (Devlog Quote)
« Reply #870 on: April 18, 2012, 12:18:23 pm »

Unless carts impart 100% of their energy to whatever they hit (not that unlikely), that won't run forever. The carts will impart smaller and smaller amounts of energy to each othe runtil they stop, unless there's some kind of rollers on the track.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 18, 2012, 12:21:31 pm »

I'm expecting that one of the fluid/cart interactions is going to be friction while going through water. It would be seriously wierd if you could run carts at full speed underwater or in magma.

So yeah... rollers needed.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 18, 2012, 12:33:17 pm »

Fill rollers along the bottom of a pool and set carts to run in circles.  Dwarven Whirlpool Tubs?

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 18, 2012, 12:37:15 pm »

The only use for an underwater cart I can think of is harpooning Giant Sperm Whales. You only need one in order to feed a fortress for the next ever.

Come to think of it, would a cart going at high speeds gib something it hits? If so it could be used to generate usable bones from certain sentient creatures underwater that normally aren't prone to waltzing into weapon traps.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:38:51 pm by KodKod »
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 18, 2012, 12:40:39 pm »

That shall have to be seen.  We know Toady plans to add damage, it's just a question of if the damage will injure or jib.  If we've got proper jibbing, then we can farm all the bones!

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 18, 2012, 12:44:48 pm »

The only use for an underwater cart I can think of is harpooning Giant Sperm Whales. You only need one in order to feed a fortress for the next ever.

Come to think of it, would a cart going at high speeds gib something it hits? If so it could be used to generate usable bones from certain sentient creatures underwater that normally aren't prone to waltzing into weapon traps.

I SENSE A GREAT VEILED REFERENCE TO A DIFFERENT AND CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC IN THE THREAD
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 18, 2012, 12:46:58 pm »

If you can get mist from a cart just moving through water, not dropping into it, then even better!

If not, you can have some carts pointlessly circling around in the bottom of a pond.

I like the pointless version better.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 18, 2012, 12:50:24 pm »

That shall have to be seen.  We know Toady plans to add damage, it's just a question of if the damage will injure or jib.  If we've got proper jibbing, then we can farm all the bones!

All of the prospective minecart weapons are what truly gets me exciting,
assuming that they are feasible. An execution chamber which could ferry the corpses of nobles straight to your coffins mass corpse pits would be a thing of beauty.

I SENSE A GREAT VEILED REFERENCE TO A DIFFERENT AND CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC IN THE THREAD

I would never make any allusions any topic which may or may not cause upset within figures of authority in this community. Anything you infer from my statement is purely your own speculation and entirely fictional.
/人‿‿人\

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 18, 2012, 12:52:03 pm »

I would never make any allusions any topic which may or may not cause upset within figures of authority in this community. Anything you infer from my statement is purely your own speculation and entirely fictional.
Girlinhat, Baroness, has been content lately.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 18, 2012, 12:55:57 pm »

Girlinhat, Baroness, has been content lately.

Do you truly desire to be a figure of authority considering what we generally do to them here?I can't say that it seems entirely wise.

Far be it for me to question, oh magnanimous Baroness Hat. I exist only to serve; the inane ramblings of the peasantry ought not distract you from your nobler pursuits, such as pulling suspicious levers.
/人‿‿人\

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 18, 2012, 01:10:16 pm »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LudicrousGibs

The minecart hits the dwarf in the everything, and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 18, 2012, 01:15:01 pm »

I would challenge you to a duel for the title of Baron, but your request wasn't sent before another diplomat came around offering to make the forum a dutchy. Guess who I chose for the position of Duke? Me! :P

I fully intend to use minecart tracks to murder giant sperm whales.

The spinning platinum minecart strikes the giant sperm whale in the lower body, tearing the muscle, ravaging the guts and breaking the lower spine. x5
The giant sperm whale has bled to death.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 18, 2012, 01:18:41 pm »

Guess who I chose for the position of Duke? Me! :P

Death to the oligarchs!
/人‿‿人\

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 18, 2012, 01:34:11 pm »

If we're choosing noble positions for ourselves, I claim forgotten beast law-giver ambassador of the humans.

Diplomacy, admiring forts, holding pointless meetings, farting corrosive slime all over a fort. This is what life should be like, always.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 18, 2012, 01:45:00 pm »

Diplomacy, admiring forts, holding pointless meetings, farting corrosive slime all over a fort. This is what life should be like, always.

Wait, when did we start talking American politics?
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 95