Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

Author Topic: Angry Laser Space - v1.1 is a go! (a game by Shook and Chartle)  (Read 57106 times)

theTrueMikeBrown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TheTrueMikeBrown's patreon page
Re: Angry Laser Space - Now v0.9! (a game by Shook and Chartle)
« Reply #330 on: March 22, 2014, 11:51:53 pm »

Another little bug report:

I seemed to get pushed off the screen a few times by those yellow ships that chase you around shooting at you (i don't remember the name, but if you approach them they dive off the side of the screen, and sometimes take you with them)
What puts the "ape" in apricot?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 23, 2014, 04:15:11 am »

Another little bug report:

I seemed to get pushed off the screen a few times by those yellow ships that chase you around shooting at you (i don't remember the name, but if you approach them they dive off the side of the screen, and sometimes take you with them)
I think I may have ended up offscreen at some point as well, though I am unsure of whether it was related to that. There were too many bullets flying around for me to figure out what was going on before I returned.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:10:39 pm by Elephant Parade »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #332 on: March 23, 2014, 09:37:06 am »

Bug confirmed and squashed, i've also experienced it before, but it was rare enough that i forgot all about it. :P
At the same time, i've changed the knockback system a little so you don't get knocked around quite as much when being hit by the strafers, although red wedges have proportionally more momentum now. It's unlikely to be the cause of your death, however.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 01, 2014, 01:53:57 am »

So I found out that you're practically invincible in Epic Man Mode >:C if you stick to the very top border of the screen. Might want to fix that, bro.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 17, 2014, 04:40:35 pm »

The game is crashing on me constantly since I started using the missile turret. It seems to happen whenever I use the super-shot.

Primary weapon doesn't matter. Can reliable recreate the issue by shooting the first big rectangle group on the first level on the right with the missile super.

Edit:
Apparently Gamemaker games don't work with Windows 8, and any situation where multiple sounds happen at once can cause a crash. I was just noticing with rockets because they caused enough death sounds at once to trigger the problem.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 06:52:08 pm by GlyphGryph »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 01, 2014, 02:50:14 pm »

Posting to watch. This may be relevant to my interests.

theTrueMikeBrown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TheTrueMikeBrown's patreon page
« Reply #336 on: June 06, 2015, 12:05:22 pm »

Hey Shook,

Has any forward progress been made in this? I am about to go on vacation, and would love to have some angry lasers for the flight.
What puts the "ape" in apricot?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #337 on: June 06, 2015, 01:14:27 pm »

Well now, there's one thing i wasn't expecting. :v
Admittedly, i've been kind of laying low with this because we're not making a shit ton of progress. That is not to say that none has been made, however!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still missing level 20 and other crucial things (such as a finished soundtrack) for the next release, though. :/
But beyond that, a lot of polishing and bug fixing has also been done, so the game runs better and with greater stability than before, AND it looks prettier. I can safely say now that Leviathans are genuinely fixed, since they would previously STILL disappear mysteriously. Now, they WILL be hot on your tail until you destroy them. Also, observant eyes will notice in a couple of the screencaps that the enemy sprites appear brighter. This is correct, as i've upped the contrast on every single enemy sprite. Don't worry, it looks better. Oh yeah also, this screen exists now.

As for WHEN this will actually be out, both me and Chartle are hoping to finish it here in 2015, but alas, i cannot guarantee that it'll be in time for your vacation. :<
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 06, 2015, 03:09:58 pm »

Woohoo! This actually looks fantastic, shook. Your art-ing skills are fantastic and this game is still a fantastic mindless-shoot-everything-that-scrolls game that's actually difficult.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 06, 2015, 05:25:12 pm »

Has the Windows 8 game-crashing sound bug been fixed?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #340 on: June 06, 2015, 07:17:59 pm »

Well, we've implemented a countermeasure, and so far it hasn't crashed on my Windows 8.1 laptop. It was actually fixed shortly after GlyphGryph mentioned it, i just forgot to talk about it here. :v

Woohoo! This actually looks fantastic, shook. Your art-ing skills are fantastic and this game is still a fantastic mindless-shoot-everything-that-scrolls game that's actually difficult.
Aw shoot heck, thanks very much! I'm super glad to hear that you're liking it, and i hope that we won't disappoint in the future. :D
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 09, 2015, 01:24:37 am »

I must mention, I am still watching the development of this game with utmost glee.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 09, 2015, 01:26:34 am »

I greatly enjoy this more than most actual game company games, so good job!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 01, 2016, 04:31:13 pm »

Floating to punch.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 01, 2016, 04:38:23 pm »

Ooh, game!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26