Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: =~Revolt against the empire~= A suggestion game  (Read 774 times)

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
=~Revolt against the empire~= A suggestion game
« on: April 03, 2012, 02:59:11 pm »

Story: Standing on the small dock in your town you take a look around. Smoke covers the sky, children drag themselves around as workers with little to no wages and several executions are happening. Even in a small town such as this, one which is on the border of the country, you can smell the injustice of your "nation," as if it could be called that. The streets are littered with more wounded people, be it from whippings or brutal beatings, than healthy folk. On top of that there are more soldiers than citizens walking around in the street. Many have taken up the sword in order to provide of their family as of late, but some of them aren't extremely loyal to the royalty. Thoughts of revolution come into your mind, but the idea is absurd. You have no weapons to fight a tyrant with and even if you did who would help you? There is no gain in helping a peasant fight. Especially a peasant with no support and the goal that the many others have had, only to have themselves beheaded by the king.

Leaving the dock you notice ditches along the roads, this is no surprise to you and it is simply where they put the bodies of the executed or the simply dead. Several people are crucified by a large stone building, one which makes the simple wooden houses seem tiny and insignificant. This is where one of the many generals are stationed. There is no mayor in this town, just a military presence to keep the 'simple folk' in check. It is obvious that these are the latest offenders. Anyone who is so much as caught looking at a soldier wrong tends to get tied up around town, although being in front of where the general resides it shows that they offended him quite a bit. There used to be a time where it is a simple town and your simple town of ________ was a nice place, with a mayor and festivals every season. But now the people are oppressed, children are forced to work, factories are being created here and there and the guard is corrupt. Yesterday you saw a guard threatening a young boy with his flintlock pistol, a boy of no more than 14. Quickly you, ______ son of ______, change your mind about your thoughts of revolution. Perhaps if you did it in an intelligent way than you wouldn't be put down like the others. The capital is far away, however, and you are on the outskirts of the nation. Perhaps your natural skills of ______ and _______ could help? You have several traitors you could use to convince others to help you such as your ________ and ________. Hopefully things will change, and you think that you can rush them along just a bit.

Rules: Honestly there aren't a lot, you just have to not go around and abuse the town folk because you are trying to revolt. Although you could, I doubt it would serve your cause. Rolls are made for most actions. I will be rolling a 15 dice with an RNG. It is the following. 1-3 = Bad roll, you fail at whatever you tried to do. 4-6 = Bad roll, you complete your action but it is not that good. 7-9 = It is good, you have minor consequences. 10-12 = It is good! You did whatever you wanted to flawlessly. 13-15 = You did good! Minor consequences and a little help to what you wanted to do.

What to do: Well, start off by creating a profile with the following. The first one, if it is acceptable, will be accepted. I will accept 2 others after this, but no more will be acceptable. You are going to be in different towns of course, I am simply letting there be 3 revolutionary leaders because chances are at least 1 will die! The first one names the empire.
Code: [Select]
Name: Put a name
Empire name: Only the 1st one will be accepted as the name.
Town Name: The name of your town.
Equipment: You are a peasant, you shouldn't really have full metal armor along with super lasers from the future.
Skills: This is melee weapons, shooting, persuasion, sneaking, stealing and anything you can think of. Only 3 are allowed, they will provide a +2 to rolls concerning them. I will be using a 1-15 dice system with an RNG.
Traits: This is charisma, agility, strength, etc. You may only choose 2. I will explain what each does after I finish putting out the profile.
Starting thing: For instance you can start with 100 gold. 100 is the limit. Perhaps a suit of iron armor, or a sword. You can't have both. Or perhaps you already have 3 people to help you with what you want. Perhaps you have 1 person who is skilled in a single thing? Whatever you can think of if it is sensible. The things that can be put here cannot be put in equipment.
(Optional) Minor buff and debuff: Such as a +1 to shooting rolls but a -1 to stealth rolls.

What to expect and what the point of this is: You should expect death and some failure. I will not be fudging rolls and rushing into a dude's house and yelling "VIVA LA REVOLUTION!" will probably get you killed if you are alone and unarmed. I won't be accepting more than 3 characters, I have already stated this and I want to make this clear. However the people control the 3 leaders. Such as you can apply your leaders but you do not exclusively control them.

The point is that I was bored and I felt that a revolution type game would be fun. Just try to take over [Insert empire name] and not die. I'll try to update fairly regularly.
The game is based around a time where early pistols were being used but swords and armor are still common. Although axes are not unheard of, they are not very common.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =~Revolt against the empire~= A suggestion game
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 06:26:08 am »

A shame that no one join.

Name: Mayard Taylor.
Empire name: Only the 1st one will be accepted as the name.
Town Name: Easthall
Equipment: You are a peasant, you shouldn't really have full metal armor along with super lasers from the future.
Skills: Melee weapons, Persuasion and Leadership.
Traits: Charisma and Agility
Starting thing: 2 lojal minions, 30 gold.
(Optional) Minor buff and debuff: 1+ in Melee 1- in shooting.