Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Project: Hyperactivity  (Read 24705 times)

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Hyperactivity
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2012, 11:10:23 am »

Did anyone consider that this entire thread is blasphemy and might slow down dwarven production?

Coffee and tea contain caffeine, which has the opposite effect as alcohol does on humans: instead of slowing their reactions and making them sleepy, caffeine lets humans be energized for a longer period.

With dwarves, then, since alcohol appears to be a dwarven stimulant, caffeine might slow them down. And in any case any dwarf who drinks caffeine doesn't deserve to be called a dwarf at all.

Urist McDrunk cancels Drink Caffeine: Too Undwarfy.

Fixed. If you actually implemented that mod, the game would probably react like this.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2012, 11:11:00 am »

yay i got sigged^
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 11:29:25 am »

ALBATROSSESSSSDSAD

TEASHES AND COFFEESES

SRD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2012, 11:32:14 am »

LITRES OF MILKSES AND BOTTLES OF CUSTARDSES

xar23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2012, 12:02:03 pm »

And you call yourself English.... :)

Do you question my Englishness, sir?

Have at thee, coward!

I would only question your Englishness if you actually made it so that dwarves made their own tea.  You need to mod it so that Dwarves invade and colonize humans, force them to grow opium.... then sell the opium to the elves for tea.  That is the proper Imperial tea supply chain.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2012, 12:05:45 pm »

I would only question your Englishness if you actually made it so that dwarves made their own tea.  You need to mod it so that Dwarves invade and colonize humans, force them to grow opium.... then sell the opium to the elves for tea.  That is the proper Imperial tea supply chain.

Dark times in a Dark Dwarf Fortress.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2012, 12:08:47 pm »

Dwarven 'tea' should be made from caffine producing Mushrooms, with crushed limestone for 'milk'.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2012, 12:16:32 pm »

Um. there ARE cows in df....

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2012, 12:22:39 pm »

Um. there ARE purring maggots in df....

ftfy

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2012, 12:29:26 pm »

Huh. And here I had it the other way around. I thought they bought it from India, invaded china and forced them to buy it in return for tea... Or was it only when they banned opium imports from England did England invade? Maybe that's it. Either way, profits were in the billions, modern money wise :p

British love their tea...
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2012, 12:37:38 pm »

SRS BSNS

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2012, 12:38:51 pm »

Bah! Milk in tea... Yech.

You put ICE and SUGAR in tea!

Also, a pinch of baking soda. >.>

Anything past that is regional or personal style. I like to use lime ice and to crush some mint in the glass. I've also had sweet tea with agave nectar, and... well, that's certainly something, there.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2012, 12:40:59 pm »

Quarry bush -> Leaves -> Tea?
...crush some mint in the glass.
My garden is blessed with a naturally growing mint bush.

Bootiful.

xar23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2012, 12:51:30 pm »

Huh. And here I had it the other way around. I thought they bought it from India, invaded china and forced them to buy it in return for tea... Or was it only when they banned opium imports from England did England invade? Maybe that's it. Either way, profits were in the billions, modern money wise :p

I think we're saying the same thing.  The Opiums Wars were over the British (and to a later and lesser extent Americans) selling a banned narcotic (opium) to the Chinese.  The idea of exporting opium from India--Bengali in particular (and in the case of the USA, Turkey) was not the first thing they hit upon.  However, the value of the goods demanded from China (tea, rhubarb, silk, porcelain) far exceeded the limited demand for western goods in the largely self-sufficient Chinese market.  The current accounts deficit was made up in raw silver shipped from the West to China.  This was unsustainable.  Ultimately opium had the proper demand level and value density to balance the trade.

To mirror this, Dwarves should not produce their own tea.  It should be distilled from the tears of elvish prisoners... or just imported but never produce any seeds.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2012, 12:56:59 pm »

I think we're saying the same thing.  The Opiums Wars were over the British (and to a later and lesser extent Americans) selling a banned narcotic (opium) to the Chinese.  The idea of exporting opium from India--Bengali in particular (and in the case of the USA, Turkey) was not the first thing they hit upon.  However, the value of the goods demanded from China (tea, rhubarb, silk, porcelain) far exceeded the limited demand for western goods in the largely self-sufficient Chinese market.  The current accounts deficit was made up in raw silver shipped from the West to China.  This was unsustainable.  Ultimately opium had the proper demand level and value density to balance the trade.

To mirror this, Dwarves should not produce their own tea.  It should be distilled from the tears of elvish prisoners... or just imported but never produce any seeds.

Oh were talking about the same thing, I just read your post as invade India... Didn't remember that part ;p
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11