Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Project: Hyperactivity  (Read 24709 times)

Amallar

• Bay Watcher
  • Just turn 360 degrees and walk away.
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Hyperactivity
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2012, 06:07:19 pm »

That's fine. I'm nonsexual. :)   

Now, by nonsexual...

There are several different technical definitions of nonsexuality.  :x

I am assuming, of course, that you do not find sex enjoyable/desirable, or have no natural inclination towards sexual activity. Which is interesting, because I've observed several other allegories of such on these forums (including myself).

EDIT: It's also interesting that Naryar beat my edit to clarify by about 10 seconds, haha.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:10:34 pm by Amallar »
Daily Blurb

Efficiency and esotericism are the true facets of alignment; not good and evil, for both good and evil are subjective. Good and evil are simply chaos -- and order is their absence.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2012, 06:08:53 pm »

He must mean asexual.

MuseOD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2012, 03:12:15 am »

well, asexual means no sexual preference. Ie: you don't want to fuck anything or anyone. Nonsexual means either sexually inactive or quite literally, not-sexual.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2012, 03:29:45 am »

In england, (and many other places) pies of all sorts, tarts included, can be filled with anything delicious,  including meat, fish, mushrooms, etc.
Anyways, I put together a raw entry for a tea plant, does this look right?
Code: [Select]
[PLANT:TEA PLANT]
   [NAME:tea plant][NAME_PLURAL:tea plants][ADJ:tea]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
      [MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
   [BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
   [PICKED_TILE:5][PICKED_COLOR:2:0:1]
   [DRY][BIOME:ANY_TROPICAL]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen tea]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:tea]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling tea]
    [MATERIAL_VALUE:5]
      [DISPLAY_COLOR:6:0:0]
      [EDIBLE_RAW]
      [PREFIX:NONE]
             [SYNDROME]
                 [SYN_NAME:caffeination]
                [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
                 [SYN_INGESTED]
                 [CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:50:PEAK:100:END:20000]
   [DRINK:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]
   [SPRING][SUMMER][AUTUMN][WINTER]
   [LEAVES:tea leaf:tea leaves:6:7:0:0:0:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:LEAF]
    [MATERIAL_VALUE:3]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
    [MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
    [EDIBLE_VERMIN]
   [SEED:tea seed:tea seeds:2:0:0:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
   [FREQUENCY:100]
   [CLUSTERSIZE:5]

I'm not exactly sure how the CE_SPEED_CHANGE tag works, does it take PEAK and END arguments?  Will the tea booze be made from the leaves, as I want, or will they somehow find fruit to make it from?  Will there be any problems with processing leaves of a wild plant to bags?  I can worry later about adding a reaction to process the raw leaves into the different kinds of tea, but for now it's usable raw.
The wiki has some more info on the CE_SPEED_CHANGE, normally
and everything should have PEAK and END arguments, unless its you want it to last forever.
Also, i cant let this oppertunity go.

In england, (and many other places) pies of all sorts, tarts included, can be filled with anything delicious,  including meat, fish, mushrooms, etc.
Do you fill them with pie? :3

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2012, 04:48:51 am »

NO SEX DERAILMENT, NO.

And I hope this turns into a mod, and soon. I want my super-hyper dwarven army of vampires.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #155 on: April 06, 2012, 07:26:38 am »

Do you fill them with pie? :3
Pie flavoured pie.

Tastes suspiciously like potato.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 06, 2012, 08:07:27 am »

Pie that tastes like pie? That'd be a first.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 06, 2012, 08:54:07 am »

Nonsexual, as in, "the idea of any part of my body penetrating or being penetrated with any other thing, by any other thing, is innately repulsive."

That does not mean I don't appreciate attractiveness, however.  It means I don't get hot and bothered by anyone or anything. By not desiring a life partner of that sort, I find myself more attracted to intellectually compatible people, for stimulating discussions. I do have a dirty sense of humor, but this runs the gammut across basically all forms of kink, due to my lack of innate preference. It should not be interpereted as closet bisexualism, as again, the mere thought of sexual contact of any form is repugnant. It should be interpereted as "all sex is dirty, and as such all forms of sex are "kink". Therefor, why discriminate against one form or another when making humor?" All sexuality is fair game for being the butt of humor, as far as I am concerned. There are no sacred cows.

I have a friend who I visit a few times a year, and often vacation with who has the same "nonsexual preference". Ironically, he is also a he.  This has led to all sorts of colorful imaginings by some members of my family, as you might well imagine.

I do not use the term asexual, as this has very precise meanings in biological sciences. It literally means "without sex", but is defined as a form of reproduction. I do not reproduce, and do have sexual organs. Therefor I am nonsexual, not asexual. (Germs are asexual. They have no gender. I am nonsexual. I have gender but don't employ it.)

In short, my sexual preference is "no, thank you."

Despite this anomaly, I am relatively conservative (in the oldschool sense. None of this modern neocon BS.) In lifestyle choices, prefer to wear simple clothes, *hate* dressing up, (I feel that clothing serves a utilitarian function, and should be comfortable and servicable. I have no interest in being attractive, as it garners unwanted attention.) And live a very sparse lifestyle. You would be amazed how much money I avoid spending by not chasing after skirts.  I have absolutely no interest in fashion, glamour, celebrity gossip, and have only utilitarian/intellectual interest in architecture and engineering.  (I loves me a well designed building.)

I don't care about other people's sexual antics, as long as they keep their urges controlled in public. I am equally grossed out by clingy hetero newlyweds who pretty much broadcast to the universe that they bang like rabbits every time the lights go out, as I am by similarly broadcasting samesex couples of any flavor.  Seriously, get a room.

There.  I feel I have adequately parked that derailed train of thought sufficiently far from traditional social mores as to not warrant any further discussion on the matter.

NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT TEA

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 09:08:49 am by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]