Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why does this crash my game?  (Read 640 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Why does this crash my game?
« on: April 03, 2012, 06:24:12 am »

Okay, im playing as a bronze colossus adventurer, and got molested by a single dwarven lasher, so now im a giant bronze sponge.
Anyway, i fled, straight into a marketplace, and now im swarmed by merchants.
I gave my bronze colossus a interaction that makes him breath venom, but when i use it, it crashes the game.
This is the interaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And this is the material
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why does it crash my game every time i use it?

EDIT:
Errorlog isnt very helpfull either, it says nothing.

EDIT:
More info!
I think its the material thats corrupted, or something else, because even without running the interaction, and just attacking, it crashes.

EDIT:
It was the syndrome causing the crash.
Shit.
Well, the crash is fixed, but im still swarmed by a bunch of unhappy merchants for kicking their cat (and their law-giver, and their neigbours, for that matter)
EDIT:
So, how do i get this to actually work?
its not fun to be molested by a maceman, a few cats and 50 angry merchants.

EDIT:
Okay, i got it.
Whenever i add more then one [CE_X:blahblahblah], the game crashes.
Weird, why?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:27:06 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Why does this crash my game?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 07:34:19 am »

It's probably not a good idea to try and mod materials and interactions in after worldgen.  Usually that type of thing requires a new world.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Why does this crash my game?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 07:52:37 am »

It's probably not a good idea to try and mod materials and interactions in after worldgen.  Usually that type of thing requires a new world.
Ah, okay.
I'll be happy with what i have then, kicking somebody's skull in is enough for me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.