Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Quick falling question  (Read 4908 times)

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
Re: Quick falling question
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 10:41:21 pm »

Don't be silly, sparrows don't have any body parts with the [GRASP] tag.

It could be carried by a Modded swallow! But then of course Modded swallows are not migratory.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 11:00:25 pm »

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 11:03:29 pm »

Parabolic arcs, guys.  Parabolic arcs.  Stupid Dwarf tricks just got a whole lot stupider.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Tolisk

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGRY_MAMMOTH=TRUE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 11:03:46 pm »

Maybe the trap should be named the Croc-pot.
In the grim darkness of DF, there can be only FUN

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2012, 02:24:04 am »

Quick falling questions:

Ahhh! Woooh! What's happening? Who am I? Why am I here? What's my purpose in life? What do I mean by who am I? Okay okay, calm down calm down get a grip now. Ooh, this is an interesting sensation. What is it? Its a sort of tingling in my... well I suppose I better start finding names for things. Lets call it a... tail! Yeah! Tail! And hey, what's this roaring sound, whooshing past what I'm suddenly gonna call my head? Wind! Is that a good name? It'll do. Yeah, this is really exciting. I'm dizzy with anticipation! Or is it the wind? There's an awful lot of that now isn't it? And what's this thing coming toward me very fast? So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like 'Ow', 'Ownge', 'Round', 'Ground'! That's it! Ground! Ha! I wonder if it'll be friends with me? Hello Ground!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2012, 06:22:32 am »

Guys! You're missing the most obvious question: How do you tie a cape onto an alligator?!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2012, 06:27:27 am »

Hrm, good question.

Can you raw mod animals to wear clothes? That would be awesome.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2012, 08:13:02 am »

Guys! You're missing the most obvious question: How do you tie a cape onto an alligator?!

How do you keep the cape on the alligator after it's tied on?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

Tolisk

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGRY_MAMMOTH=TRUE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2012, 11:53:52 am »

There have been reports of animals wearing armor, and masterwork modallows you to give your war animals metal armor so yea, its possible.
In the grim darkness of DF, there can be only FUN

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2012, 09:23:31 pm »

I have had a pre-easter alcoholic party, and I am going to take advantage of it by modding crocodiles to wear high boots and capes.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 06:58:16 pm »

I have had a pre-easter alcoholic party, and I am going to take advantage of it by modding crocodiles to wear high boots and capes.

Excellent, please let us know if the gator gets happy-thoughts from it. I figured they would prefer red, but of course... maybe they like navy-blue. I do not speak for the alligators.
Pages: 1 [2]