Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Assimilation  (Read 3579 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Assimilation
« on: April 01, 2012, 11:17:29 pm »

How would I go about making a genderless civ able to assimilate new members? SPOUSE_CONVERTER and NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER don't seem to be working. I'm hoping for a method that doesn't involve giving them genders.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Assimilation
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 03:29:02 am »

Baby-Snatcher.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:02:32 am »

I know with interactions you can make them convert things in fort/adventure mode, but i'm not sure they would work during worldgen.

Masterwork has a few good examples of how they function. Check the undead race RAWS for the specific tokens/emissions
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 08:16:11 am »

I tried a system for "taming" caught invaders, but it crashes the game. It also wont work in worldgen, so No, MasterworkMod wont have what you are looking for.

I personally dont think it is possible for a genderless race (daleks?) to increase their numbers...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 08:48:23 am »

Maybe you could use some kind of special food for animal taming, that converts them to your race?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 07:04:08 pm »

I tried a system for "taming" caught invaders, but it crashes the game. It also wont work in worldgen, so No, MasterworkMod wont have what you are looking for.

I personally dont think it is possible for a genderless race (daleks?) to increase their numbers...
Well, cybmermen anyway.

Babysnatching does not transform babies, it just eventually replaces the original creatures as they become extinct. I've decided that currently an entity of this type is unfeasible, but if I make it a secret with transformation interactions, invasions are still possible.

My question now is how can I ensure that cyber "cults" will invade and/or build towers?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 08:01:06 pm »

Well, cybmermen anyway.

Babysnatching does not transform babies, it just eventually replaces the original creatures as they become extinct. I've decided that currently an entity of this type is unfeasible, but if I make it a secret with transformation interactions, invasions are still possible.

My question now is how can I ensure that cyber "cults" will invade and/or build towers?

Enity

[SIEGER]

[LIKES SITE:DARK FORTRESS] (wait for them to be implemented though_

If you want Necro towers, its hardcoded, cant make em.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 08:12:06 pm »

I know how to make an entity seige, but the problem is that without adding genders, there is simply no way to make them increase their numbers. Even after adding genders, one with [CONVERTED_SPOUSE], the spouse caste spawns in worldgen and they never convert anyone.

As a secret with transformation, it could work. I've heard it said that if the secret learner is also able to raise the dead, then they will build towers.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 08:16:36 pm »

I know how to make an entity seige, but the problem is that without adding genders, there is simply no way to make them increase their numbers. Even after adding genders, one with [CONVERTED_SPOUSE], the spouse caste spawns in worldgen and they never convert anyone.

As a secret with transformation, it could work. I've heard it said that if the secret learner is also able to raise the dead, then they will build towers.

They become necromancers and attack there own people.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 08:27:03 pm »

The idea is that there would be no "people," but that they would be transformed into the genderless race and transform others into it, thereby increasing the numbers.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 09:37:59 pm »

In theory that works, but civ member dont do interactions in worldgen from all that I saw so far.

Best proof for that are my dwarven spy castes, they are harmless in worldgen, but transform into nasty stuff in fortress mode.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 05:59:33 pm »

I believe entities will spawn and reproduce in world gen as long as they have a male and female caste, even if the POP_RATIOs on those casts are 0, and the genderless caste's ratio is in the thousands.

Enemies can be "assimilated" during fortress mode using... a rather drawn out process that doesn't actually assimilate the enemy creatures but instead produces one new member of your civ per captured enemy fed into the procedure (the captured enemies are killed).  Basically, captured foes are given an interaction that promotes a pet into a full member and then suicides the victim.

The Illithids will be an assimilating species.

EDIT:  Erm, that's all for an assimilating player species, which I take it the Cybermen are not?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:02:01 pm by D_E »
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 06:05:52 pm »

In theory that works, but civ member dont do interactions in worldgen from all that I saw so far.

Best proof for that are my dwarven spy castes, they are harmless in worldgen, but transform into nasty stuff in fortress mode.
Speaking of your spy castes, mind if I completely steal/rename them for mares in svartalfheim? With credit of course.
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 06:24:46 pm »

The goal is a non-player assimilating species that cannot reproduce sexually. Entities do not work for this, so I'm attempting to make Cybermen in the form of a secret: someone learns how to modify the body with cybernetics, proceeds to convert people. What I'm wondering is how to check if my secret showed up, if I can make cyber leaders build towers, and if they will seige fortresses like necromancers do.

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 06:30:20 pm »

The goal is a non-player assimilating species that cannot reproduce sexually. Entities do not work for this, so I'm attempting to make Cybermen in the form of a secret: someone learns how to modify the body with cybernetics, proceeds to convert people. What I'm wondering is how to check if my secret showed up, if I can make cyber leaders build towers, and if they will seige fortresses like necromancers do.
Necromancers who raise up new necromancers instead of zombos? That way they have to kill em first(after all, if they could just constantly spam new members from living civies they'd be *somewhat* unbalanced). Seems like it'd be simple enough.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:32:29 pm by Schizotek »
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.
Pages: [1] 2