Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1244 1245 [1246] 1247 1248 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939068 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18675 on: February 07, 2014, 04:17:19 pm »

"Holy shit. Okay. Let's not do that again."

Carefully climb up the rope, then start building the foundations of a mental barrier for when I have to use the Knife.

((Dynamic will bonus begin.))
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:01:42 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18676 on: February 07, 2014, 08:30:00 pm »

pass
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18677 on: February 08, 2014, 01:05:02 am »

((I still don't like dynamic bonuses greater than +-1, feels cheap.))
watch and wait for Morul from my perch.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18678 on: February 08, 2014, 08:06:51 pm »

RU cost for deploying enough laser drones or missiles or whatever near the jump point to destroy or severely damage their point defense lasers before they have a chance to activate them? Something to help the odds of the boarding teams?

Edit: Also, what's the relationship between UWM fleet size and jump point size? Fly vs Railroad Tunnel? Train vs Railroad Tunnel? Thread through Needle? 5 trains one after the other through a railroad tunnel?

And how fast will they be going when they exit?

Edit2: Also, is there any other faction with some military or other useful infrastructure we could talk to, someone who could help us? Any megacorporation with its own space marine enforcers? Any large mercenary groups? Criminal syndicates? Smuggling rings? Semi-independent colonies? Hidden rebel groups with extensive communication networks? Groups of spies, trading secrets for money? Aliens willing to trade their fleets for shiny trinkets or a few humans to eat as delicacies? UWM labour unions (or even better some sort of military union)? Anybody we could potentially hire, work/coordinate with or bribe, if only to make things a tad harder for our enemies or give us a small edge in asymmetrical warfare?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 07:44:18 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18679 on: February 09, 2014, 04:40:22 am »

Well kiddo's, here we are: deadline time!

Now, just about everything is set, I only need the RU cost for our spess ships (@Sean: could you give me the exact number asap please?) to finish RU expenditure, and then I can divide teams, update the map (which should be done somewhere this week), and we'll be ready to go.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #18680 on: February 09, 2014, 05:38:04 am »

Now, just about everything is set, I only need the RU cost for our spess ships (@Sean: could you give me the exact number asap please?) to finish RU expenditure, and then I can divide teams, update the map (which should be done somewhere this week), and we'll be ready to go.

I thought it was tonight?

Or... what timezone are you in? I'm on GMT-5, it's early Sunday morning for me.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18681 on: February 09, 2014, 05:58:11 am »

I thought it was tonight?

Or... what timezone are you in? I'm on GMT-5, it's early Sunday morning for me.

Eh, it's not like I'll time it to the minute or anything. Really, this was just a broad deadline to prevent things dragging on forever. Besides, just about all of our budget is already spend anyways on sensible projects, so there's not a lot of wiggle room. If we end up with a little bit of RU left I'll just spend them on 1 RU mines, easy to balance.

if everything goes right we can have the timeskip next week already, and mission start the week after that.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18682 on: February 09, 2014, 06:34:10 am »

((Well, the default ship budget cost we were given was 250RU.

Cutting laser turrets I assume to be around 2RU each at most, so stripping Tweedledee and Tweedledum (I'm gonna keep using those names until someone corrects me) of weapons will only add 8RU - I'd prefer to have a little firepower on those things, but if it's needed it can be lost. Depending on how Simus' fusion weapon experiment goes, we might be able to replace my kinamp-fusion missiles on the Party Wagon (and possibly elsewhere) with cheaper ones, saving us perhaps some 5RU per missile - so 10RU for the Party Wagon. The Southern Cross, surprisingly, I received the least complaints about, so it probably stays as is, despite being one of the bigger resource sinks, modification-wise. By far the biggest question lies in the Black Death, and that question is whether or not we have it at all. As far as I can see, we either overhaul it as planned, or don't work on it at all, keeping it shelved until the counter-invasion blows over. It's not a ship you want to just take into combat, it wasn't meant for it. If you really need a lot of RU for something, that's one way to get it.

So we need to decide on those things. Weapons for the two shuttles, and whether or not the Black Death is worth it (worth exactly how much is a good question - Piecewise, what exactly would we save in RU by not overhauling or repairing the Blackship at all?). I'd prefer to discuss this IC, but if we have to save time OOC will do.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18683 on: February 09, 2014, 08:54:03 am »

Ptw
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18684 on: February 09, 2014, 09:08:31 am »

You are going to try and use that knife, aren't you?
May I do it instead? I believe I might be better... conditioned to use it.

Especially since the incident I have no memory of. Bloody damnation.
((Question to GM: Would my mental defences bonus from AM training work here?))
Carefully consider and think throughout the surgery. Focus my mind on cutting living things efficiently.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 11:50:07 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18685 on: February 10, 2014, 02:39:17 pm »

HNNNNNNNGGGGGG ONE MORE CHARGE SHAPESHIFTING

HFFFFFFFFFGHHAAAAAA

Watch the clouds go by.

Huh...that one looks like a...bunny.

"Holy shit. Okay. Let's not do that again."

Carefully climb up the rope, then start building the foundations of a mental barrier for when I have to use the Knife.

((Dynamic will bonus begin.))
You still need to get to him first. All you just did with that little song and dance is fuck up, get saved and then reset to the status quo.

But sure, knife brain charge.

((I still don't like dynamic bonuses greater than +-1, feels cheap.))
watch and wait for Morul from my perch.
Yeah, I may have to limit them. They're getting a bit much.

RU cost for deploying enough laser drones or missiles or whatever near the jump point to destroy or severely damage their point defense lasers before they have a chance to activate them? Something to help the odds of the boarding teams?

Edit: Also, what's the relationship between UWM fleet size and jump point size? Fly vs Railroad Tunnel? Train vs Railroad Tunnel? Thread through Needle? 5 trains one after the other through a railroad tunnel?

And how fast will they be going when they exit?

Edit2: Also, is there any other faction with some military or other useful infrastructure we could talk to, someone who could help us? Any megacorporation with its own space marine enforcers? Any large mercenary groups? Criminal syndicates? Smuggling rings? Semi-independent colonies? Hidden rebel groups with extensive communication networks? Groups of spies, trading secrets for money? Aliens willing to trade their fleets for shiny trinkets or a few humans to eat as delicacies? UWM labour unions (or even better some sort of military union)? Anybody we could potentially hire, work/coordinate with or bribe, if only to make things a tad harder for our enemies or give us a small edge in asymmetrical warfare?

In general, 100-150. Though thats not gonna cripple them so much as just soften them up a good bit.

Like shooting BB's through the mouth of a train tunnel.

Pretty damn fast. Remember, to jump at all you have to reach a minimal % of c. They're basically gonna be hitting the brakes the entire way to us.

That be for later.

You are going to try and use that knife, aren't you?
May I do it instead? I believe I might be better... conditioned to use it.

Especially since the incident I have no memory of. Bloody damnation.
((Question to GM: Would my mental defences bonus from AM training work here?))
Carefully consider and think throughout the surgery. Focus my mind on cutting living things efficiently.
Well, it would, if you're talking about that knife Morul has.

Also, bonus gained for removing your team mate, not that you're over with him or anything.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette
« Reply #18686 on: February 10, 2014, 03:21:22 pm »

Good/Bad/Neutral news everyone: due to unexpected workload I'll be posting teams and such later than planned, somewhere this week hopefully. Of course, if anyone would feel like doing something themselves (like updating map with bunker positions or something) it would be appreciated.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18687 on: February 10, 2014, 03:28:47 pm »

Make my tail longer (long enough to reach around my head and stab someone in front of me) and put a three-pronged pincer similar to the one at the far right of the second row down on the end of it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18688 on: February 10, 2014, 05:00:17 pm »

"Hrmmmm. I wonder."

See if I can grab an end of the rope using my amp, and send it up to Lyra.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18689 on: February 11, 2014, 02:34:22 am »

"Hrmmmm. I wonder."

See if I can grab an end of the rope using my amp, and send it up to Lyra.
!!!!!
Catch the tail rope! getitgetitgeit.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1244 1245 [1246] 1247 1248 ... 1256