Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1243 1244 [1245] 1246 1247 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938602 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18660 on: February 05, 2014, 09:43:29 pm »

((OOC thread, guys.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18661 on: February 06, 2014, 06:48:57 am »

Requesting cost of mining the jump point with:
1. Magnetic mines containing the nukes with the best price/yield ratio we have, enough to cause significant damage without destroying too many ships.
2. Missiles containing the nukes with the best price/yield ratio we have, enough to cause significant damage without destroying too many ships.
3. Magnetic mines containing all the spare heavy gauss cannon ammo and nukes/nuclear ammo we got.
4. Auto Gauss Cannon turrets containing all the spare heavy gauss cannon ammo we got.

5.Are their ships or the robots/mechs inside them vulnerable to EMP from nukes?
Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to check.

6.Requesting cost of moving asteroids or other astronomical bodies in front of the jump point. Let's turn that jump point into a late 70s arcade game!

7.How many tokens for a repair bot?
8.Could they be used during combat?
9.Will Steve provide some during the Assault, to repair laser batteries and mortars and tanks and stuff?
10.If not, RU cost for them?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 07:23:55 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18662 on: February 06, 2014, 08:05:43 am »

Some questions for pw:
-Can the Steve bots fly?
-Could you perhaps describe the mortars and heavy artillery a bit more we'll use in the base defense (like types of ammo and such)?
-Once you have the team layout, RU spending and base location, is there anything else you need before time skip? Except for flesh horror team to finish up, of course.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 11:58:26 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18663 on: February 06, 2014, 08:23:51 am »

RU cost for remote-controlled long range heavy lasers, and for gunnerbot mounts for said lasers, please.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 08:27:46 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18664 on: February 06, 2014, 01:47:05 pm »

"Holy shit. That actually worked. Now, how to get up there in one piece?"

Plot my route up the neurons to the glowy bit, and start heading up. If I fall, catch myself with my amp.

((Wow. It seems violence isn't always the answer here. Who knew?))
Oh good, if you fail a roll, attempt to save yourself with space magic.  What could possibly go wrong.

[dex:2]
Ah, ah ha, oh boy.

[exo:2]

Well, it's not catastrophic, but I'll take what I can get.

You reach for the first dendrite and promptly lose your footing and plummet off the edge. You smack your way down through about a dozen dendrites before hitting an open patch and beginning a good 80 foot fall towards the fleshy ground below.

RU cost for battlesuits for the entire team, excluding people that can't use them or already have them.
((We'll be more killy and less dead.))
Lots. shoot for 15 or so each.

And I'll have to get mean when it comes to the fight.

Dynamic charge shapeshifting again.
I just imagine the dragon going all cross eyed and getting a big dopey look on his face when doing this.

Look where you are son. You wanna try and tune yourself to sense rocks while in a cave? You're gonna blind your 6th sense.
That's good thinking.
Find north
[intuition: 3]

It's probably in that direction. Unless it's in one of the other directions. In which case it isn't in that direction and is in the other ones.

Requesting cost of mining the jump point with:
1. Magnetic mines containing the nukes with the best price/yield ratio we have, enough to cause significant damage without destroying too many ships.
2. Missiles containing the nukes with the best price/yield ratio we have, enough to cause significant damage without destroying too many ships.
3. Magnetic mines containing all the spare heavy gauss cannon ammo and nukes/nuclear ammo we got.
4. Auto Gauss Cannon turrets containing all the spare heavy gauss cannon ammo we got.

5.Are their ships or the robots/mechs inside them vulnerable to EMP from nukes?
Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to check.

6.Requesting cost of moving asteroids or other astronomical bodies in front of the jump point. Let's turn that jump point into a late 70s arcade game!

7.How many tokens for a repair bot?
8.Could they be used during combat?
9.Will Steve provide some during the Assault, to repair laser batteries and mortars and tanks and stuff?
10.If not, RU cost for them?

1. Damage but not destroy? Bro, they're nukes.  Even a 1/16th bomb will have a fireball radius of 90 ft. or 23,110 ft². A kiloton is about as much as you want to do unless you wanna part the thing out.  Anyways, individual mines would be cheap, maybe a token or two each, but magnetic mines are silly. we'd have to have millions or billions of them to coat space in a high enough number for them to actually manage to stick to the ship. Magnets are really weak.

2. About the same, plus a few tokens for the missile, but really missiles are probably a bad idea. They take too long to get to their target and the target has lasers.

3.See before.

4. Not sure thats viable either. We'd need to stick the cannons a good distance from the jump point so they don't just get smashed, and I feel like the shots wouldn't be fast enough to penetrate point defense.

5. To a degree, but vital systems will be shielded.

6. Well... that is a bit more practical in terms of actually killing ships (A big multimegaton nuke would work too but not if we want to use these ships.) but it would require building specialized ships to go up and plant materials and robots on the surface so they could build systems used to move the asteroids around. It would be pretty expensive and take the better part of a year at least to get them into place. Moving big shit in space is hard.

7. I'm questioning if I should sell them.
8. For repairing. sure.
9. There will be some around.

Some questions for pw:
-Can the Steve bots fly?
-Could you perhaps describe the mortars and heavy artillery a bit more we'll use in the base defense (like types of ammo and such)?
-Once you have the team layout, RU spending and base location, is there anything else you need before time skip? Except for flesh horror team to finish up, of course.

Yes.

Which ones, the lasers or the ones you were asking about the prices for earlier?

A map of where you want stuff would be cool, but not necessary.  You could just modify the map thats already out there and show where you want crap. Or I can extend the map if you can visualize the mountains ringing the base. But other then that, basically nada.

RU cost for remote-controlled long range heavy lasers, and for gunnerbot mounts for said lasers, please.
I don't know if a gunner bot can carry a heavy laser.

They're rather heavy.  Also, the entire setup would be kinda expensive. 15 or more ru.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18665 on: February 06, 2014, 02:55:52 pm »

I watch as Morul slips and falls, then Look around and plot out how to climb down there and back up again safely.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18666 on: February 06, 2014, 03:33:11 pm »

Questions and quotes, oh boy:
Which ones, the lasers or the ones you were asking about the prices for earlier?
The big guns we place in the base to cover the valley, and the mortars-on-rails, please.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18667 on: February 06, 2014, 04:35:14 pm »

Dopey crosseyed charging shapeshifting go!
+-2 after this action.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18668 on: February 06, 2014, 05:40:18 pm »

"GOD DAMMIT MURPHY!!!!!!!!!"

Attempt to catch, or at least slow my fall, myself with my amp.

((Bad idea, take two.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18669 on: February 06, 2014, 07:57:00 pm »

Throw Morul some rope and help him get out.
((Busy days. Anyway, concerning the defense budget and outfitting sods, I'd suggest this:
1)give them Chimeras (or whatever lasergauss rifles are called these days  :P)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
2)Try shaving off upgrades cost by combining cheaper and weaker upgrade options of different origins (e.g.,giving them sub a exoskeletons and Doc's smaller upgrades to str/en
3)What about 'enhancing' sods with crystals of the crystalline projector special ability (End  roll 5, symbiosis variant, of course), or perhaps with the sharkmist, like Milno (achieving the susceptibility by exposing to it as they grow/mature)?

I'll see if I can throw in a few extra suggestions before the deadline.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18670 on: February 06, 2014, 09:38:16 pm »

Keep on chilling.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18671 on: February 07, 2014, 09:09:34 am »

Hmm, I kinda think it'd be best to keep the equipment for genemod sods standard Armory fare, for cutting costs. There are two troopers with a gauss rifle, and two with a laser rifle in a standard genemod sod squad, so there is already some diversification. For the medium- and elite sods though (which are fewer in number), we could consider 'nonstandard' weapons like that.

2)Try shaving off upgrades cost by combining cheaper and weaker upgrade options of different origins (e.g.,giving them sub a exoskeletons and Doc's smaller upgrades to str/en
Well, they already only get a little bit of modification, though it's mostly a question of balancing. I didn't give exoskeletons to genemods, cause I don't think they'll need them, they only carry low to mid-tier weaponry after all.

3)What about 'enhancing' sods with crystals of the crystalline projector special ability (End  roll 5, symbiosis variant, of course), or perhaps with the sharkmist, like Milno (achieving the susceptibility by exposing to it as they grow/mature)?
Well, I don't know for sure what kind of bonuses they'd get from this or if there are possible drawbacks. But if it helps and ain't too expensive, sure, why not right? Though you('d have to do some research to determine exactly what the effects of those are.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:11:35 am by Radio Controlled »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18672 on: February 07, 2014, 12:54:46 pm »

I watch as Morul slips and falls, then Look around and plot out how to climb down there and back up again safely.
Yep. Gotta take the "not falling like an idiot" path. Why would anyone even take that path?

Questions and quotes, oh boy:
The big guns we place in the base to cover the valley, and the mortars-on-rails, please.
Well, the guns to cover the valley would be basically be big, fuck off gauss cannons modified to function as artillery. They're gonna fire two ton solid metal shells with a range of 9 miles and a firing speed of 2 rounds a minute. We project that they will do Significant Damage

The mortars will basically be the same thing, but smaller, sitting on a rail cart and firing lighter, explosive shells. I assumed you wanted air burst ones; so the idea was to have some nice, half ton metal shells packed with high explosive and tungsten shrapnel that will detonate a few hundred feet above the target and spike extremely dense shrapnel down on them.

Dopey crosseyed charging shapeshifting go!
+-2 after this action.

Yeah, yeah, Dragon go mut.

"GOD DAMMIT MURPHY!!!!!!!!!"

Attempt to catch, or at least slow my fall, myself with my amp.

((Bad idea, take two.))

The wall catches you! Thats nice of it! Huh.

Throw Morul some rope and help him get out.
((Busy days. Anyway, concerning the defense budget and outfitting sods, I'd suggest this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll see if I can throw in a few extra suggestions before the deadline.))
You lower a rope down to where the wall caught morul. Some people need life handed to them on a silver platter.

Keep on chilling.
Chilling and max'n and relax'n all cool.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18673 on: February 07, 2014, 12:56:47 pm »

HNNNNNNNGGGGGG ONE MORE CHARGE SHAPESHIFTING
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18674 on: February 07, 2014, 01:53:28 pm »

Watch the clouds go by.
Pages: 1 ... 1243 1244 [1245] 1246 1247 ... 1256