Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1226 1227 [1228] 1229 1230 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941394 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18405 on: January 29, 2014, 08:52:43 am »

((-snip-.))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:05:12 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18406 on: January 29, 2014, 09:06:23 am »

((Gamerlord claims to be ignoring my posts anyways.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18407 on: January 29, 2014, 09:46:31 am »

((More -snip.))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:00:13 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18408 on: January 29, 2014, 10:06:40 am »

((In addition, I figure there's a good chance I'm completely off. I'm about 60-70% sure sharkmist is organic.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18409 on: January 29, 2014, 10:14:41 am »

((In addition, I figure there's a good chance I'm completely off. I'm about 60-70% sure sharkmist is organic.))

((Have you considered other players though? I was trying to guess it, but came about your answer before having a real chance to mull it over. You kinda ruined it for me. Even if it's the wrong answer, the principle behind it still stands. Just put it in labeled spoilers if you want to guess as well.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18410 on: January 29, 2014, 10:43:11 am »

((Okay, yeah, that was poorly-thought-out...))
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18411 on: January 29, 2014, 10:49:08 am »

((Not to mention that, since the game is played in-character, Gamerlord's character may as well not be aware of that thing. Also yes, it is organic, even if artificial.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18412 on: January 29, 2014, 11:28:45 am »

((Damn, gotta post this hurriedly, they might be kicking me off the computer in a few minutes. Never mind, I barked and they left  :P

I would like to have all the preparations for the defense done by next week Saturday tops.

Because it really seems people are getting bored, and PW explicitly stated he wanted to get things moving again. So post your proposals and ideas as soon as you figure them out, because if we haven't gotten things 100% figured out by then I'm just gonna use up whatever is left of the budget. Just assume Miya does this IC if you need to. Besides, this is the kind of situation where one could spend forever getting everything perfect. Instead I'd say we just go for it and wing it from there.))

Find Miyamoto and ask if I can join the assault team.
((Its in bold, now I can't be ignored! MUHAHAHAHA))
((Sorry, but I was really busy, never intended to ignore you. Added you to Assault.))

((Cross-posting into this thread so RC can see it.
...And he won't be able to answer until the 29th.  Joy.))

Quote from: Steve Saint to Miyamoto De Bergerac

Hello.  My name is Steve Saint.  I'm a new recruit, although to what I've been recruited, I have no idea.

You are the pilot of an Avatar of War, correct?  I've been told that you would be the person to ask for information, especially information about a 'coming conflict' that will be happening soon.

Can you explain the situation to me?
((Is this just to gain IC knowledge? Cause if yes
Explain the things to the guy.
Or did you want a real response? Also, added you to Assault, if that's ok.))

((Now, I personally think that, if Gamerlord wants to do things with his character like attacking the fleshmonsterc while he and his teammates are still in it, he should just do so without having to fear players bashing him OOC. As long as he's prepared to face the in-game consequences of course, and naturally everybody can tell him it's not a bright idea, but if nobody ever did anything stupid, we'd lose out on a lot of !FUN! (e.g. Grate incident). My character isn't involved in this though, so I'm probably not in a position to speak. That said
((I might be able to get away with an 'accident'; I wasn't even considering it, but since everyone is being such a whiny bitch about hypothetical teamkilling it's starting to get more and more attractive as a career path.))
((Dude, not cool. Curse people all you want, but please keep it in-game. No need to start attacking players. But if you want to flip the bird to Miyamoto in the game, by all means, go for it! See what happens, heh heh heh.))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:52:00 pm by Radio Controlled »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18413 on: January 29, 2014, 11:32:24 am »

((What defense is this again?))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18414 on: January 29, 2014, 11:47:46 am »

((What defense is this again?))

((Of the planet we're standing on.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18415 on: January 29, 2014, 11:50:00 am »

((Can't we use amps or something to tow it around with us?))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18416 on: January 29, 2014, 11:50:41 am »

((Damn, gotta post this hurriedly, they might be kicking me off the computer in a few minutes.

I would like to have all the preparations for the defense done by next week Saturday tops.

Because it really seems people are getting bored, and PW explicitly stated he wanted to get things moving again. So post your proposals and ideas as soon as you figure them out, because if we haven't gotten things 100% figured out by then I'm just gonna use up whatever is left of the budget. Just assume Miya does this IC if you need to. Besides, this is the kind of situation where one could spend forever getting everything perfect. Instead I'd say we just go for it and wing it from there.))
((Well, we only have two big holdups before we can get together and brainstorm the preparations. First is the biohorror hole, but that is steadily progressing. Second is the survey/salvage team's efforts, specifically the matter of Auron's bombardier beetle bot, as the recovered ship loadouts are all but established.

Once that is done, I think we could hold a big meeting of minds, so to speak, and decide what is to be done and how.

As far as I remember, there are only a few matters.
  • Construction of new static defenses, and reinforcement of existing ones.
  • Establishing a planet-wide monitoring network.
  • Deciding on the rank-and-file troops that will be fielded by us to counter the UWM Sods.
  • If we have the ability, additional defenses and projects
Is that right? I have some ideas on the middle two that could be interesting, but of course you already know one of them. :P I'll make an effort nevertheless. ^_^))

((edit: Also,
((Can't we use amps or something to tow it around with us?))
Theoretically, yes. But highly theoretically, and given our history of amp abuse, I think I that it's not going to end well.))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:52:17 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18417 on: January 29, 2014, 11:57:31 am »

Action quoted on accident instead of edited.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:05:12 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18418 on: January 29, 2014, 12:09:22 pm »

I would like to suggest, once again, FOBs for the assault team in the surrounding mountains, preferably with artillery emplacements.

((Please, be specific, and ask PW for actual prices. I've seen a lot of great ideas, but almost nothing really concrete. I proposed the resource units thing to PW because I feared we'd get bogged down with the infinite options and possibilities there are, with people spouting ideas but not really getting anything done, so if you want me to add stuff, tell me what it is and what it costs.

That said, I think it'd be better if we keep out defense a bit closer to base. Because they'll have high-power long-ranged weapons, I think it'd be better if we lure them in a bit before we attack. I kinda have the feeling they'll just point a LESHO at our bunkers and blast us from afar otherwise.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18419 on: January 29, 2014, 12:11:17 pm »

Yes.

((Sorry, was asleep.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1226 1227 [1228] 1229 1230 ... 1256