Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1222 1223 [1224] 1225 1226 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942029 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18345 on: January 28, 2014, 10:01:36 am »

((I wanted to - with Xan's help - roast the entire thing with my colossal dynamic boost.))

((To go completely OOC with this, do you really think you'll be accepted into many more games on this forum if you start displaying a tendency for team-killing on a whim?))
((Boredom ain't a whim, and frankly we've been sitting here forever. Let's just cut our losses and destroy it, then feed the remains to Xan.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18346 on: January 28, 2014, 10:22:30 am »

((I wanted to - with Xan's help - roast the entire thing with my colossal dynamic boost.))

((To go completely OOC with this, do you really think you'll be accepted into many more games on this forum if you start displaying a tendency for team-killing on a whim?))
((Boredom ain't a whim, and frankly we've been sitting here forever. Let's just cut our losses and destroy it, then feed the remains to Xan.))
((You're currently inside the thing, which is many hundred tons in mass, hundreds of meters in size in any given direction, and all around you. The only way you're roasting all of it is if you roast yourself along with it.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18347 on: January 28, 2014, 10:24:51 am »

((Can't we cut it in half or something? Liquefy the flesh in a grid pattern that does not touch us kill it that way?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18348 on: January 28, 2014, 10:30:08 am »

((Not bloody likely, pun intended. Not to mention that everyone else is working on some sort of peaceful resolution, in part because this thing is/used to be a team member.

If you're so bored, why don't you join up with that group instead of charging an amp and preparing to destroy everything?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18349 on: January 28, 2014, 10:48:46 am »

((Not bloody likely, pun intended. Not to mention that everyone else is working on some sort of peaceful resolution, in part because this thing is/used to be a team member.

If you're so bored, why don't you join up with that group instead of charging an amp and preparing to destroy everything?))
((Someone wanted us to stay back for some reason.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18350 on: January 28, 2014, 10:51:31 am »

((Someone wanted us to stay back for some reason.))
((Because we're attempting to show that we're peaceful and you pretty clearly aren't. also, the creature nonverbally asked for you to leave your weapons behind if you want to proceed further.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18351 on: January 28, 2014, 10:52:45 am »

((Well that would be why; as amp users we kinda can't.))
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18352 on: January 28, 2014, 10:58:23 am »

((Xantalos, has Steve punished teamkilling on missions in the past? Just checking.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18353 on: January 28, 2014, 11:00:45 am »

((Well that would be why; as amp users we kinda can't.))
(( >.> at least one amp user has slipped by without causing alarm, but it is still kinda pushing it for you to keep going.
You could take up my old post back at the entry point.))
((Xantalos, has Steve punished teamkilling on missions in the past? Just checking.))
((No, we self-police for that kind of thing. Intentional teamkillers have short lifespans because they become targeted by the vets for a swift execution. accidental teamkills generally just cost you tokens at mission's end.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18354 on: January 28, 2014, 11:04:10 am »

((I might be able to get away with an 'accident'; I wasn't even considering it, but since everyone is being such a whiny bitch about hypothetical teamkilling it's starting to get more and more attractive as a career path.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18355 on: January 28, 2014, 11:06:29 am »

Help Lyra get down the tunnel, then use the rope to climb down myself.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18356 on: January 28, 2014, 11:08:19 am »

((I might be able to get away with an 'accident'; I wasn't even considering it, but since everyone is being such a whiny bitch about hypothetical teamkilling it's starting to get more and more attractive as a career path.))
((Do you mind not calling me a bitch for asking you to not murder me?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18357 on: January 28, 2014, 11:36:20 am »

Charge for the last time.

((Next turn I'm killing this thing; getting really bored.))

((I may be with you, GL.))

Gah. I need to move.

Quote from: To Morul
Sean and I are coming down. He's getting impatient and one or both of us are liable to destroy everything around us for a large distance.

Head over to where the others are heading down. Have Sean go down first, then slide down, hopefully not snapping the rope under my multiton weight.
The flesh around Xan and his teammate/jockey blackens and hardens as it expands and closes around them, sealing them in an armored sphere. Tentacles lined with barbs and spikes burst from the walls of the sphere and coat its internal surface like barbed wire. None of them touch the trapped pair, but it appears the fleshhorror isn't happy with the killer intent the two are exuding.

Find Miyamoto and ask if I can join the assault team.
((Its in bold, now I can't be ignored! MUHAHAHAHA))
You run over to miyamoto, who is sort of standing around, either deep in thought or partially brain dead, hard to say, and proclaim your desire to murder things! YES MURDER! THE SPORT OF KINGS!

"Alright, seems safe. Head on down. I'll wait here for you."

Quote from: Morul Migurkeshin to Xan
I swear to all that is holy, if you nuke this thing while we're still inside, I will make you regret that for the rest of your life. All three seconds of it.

Hold position, and help Maurice and Co down if needed.
"Just jump! I'll catch you! Maybe."

Spend 1 token on materials and practice the assembly of the combi-weapon in VR for a bonus.
Yeah, I'm not even gonna roll for it, you can just have that one.

((Quick reminder: Lyra is lightweight and has a Str of 0 - do NOT try to have me lower you down the rope unassisted. Either I'll drop you and you'll fall and die, or you'll drag me off the cliff with you and we'll both fall and die.))
help belay anyone else that wants to go down the rope as long as I'm not stuck being the only person holding it. then go down myself, aided by the rope.
You get down without problems. Rope and claws make it easy.

Be the rope anchor. Lower Maurice/Lyra. Wait for people to start climbing back up

((I wonder where the dynamic bonus would go if someone wanted to overload their amp?))

You help lower everyone else down. You don't go down though.

Because fuck that.

Talk to Morul. Keep on charging my amp and waiting. Unless Morul needs any help.

Hey boss? How's it goin? Need any help?
Morul is several hundred feet down in a pit.

Help Lyra get down the tunnel, then use the rope to climb down myself.
You join up with morul and the catgirl the bottom of a giant toothy sphincter.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18358 on: January 28, 2014, 12:02:54 pm »

"Hey, Morul. The pyromaniac freaks just got eaten or encased or whatever by the walls. Big black sphere thing. Leave 'em?"

Felix almost sounds bored.

((renegadelobster, does Thaddeus have his suit? You kind of need a radio to communicate long distance.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18359 on: January 28, 2014, 12:27:57 pm »

Cousin, I am not intent on hurting you in any way, shape, or form. You are too exquisite for such a thing.
Sean, do not hurt it.

Talk down the big me.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 1222 1223 [1224] 1225 1226 ... 1256