Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1221 1222 [1223] 1224 1225 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942561 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18330 on: January 28, 2014, 01:27:26 am »

((I still think spending multiple turns on a 'mental preparedness' dynamic bonus doesn't, or at least shouldn't, stack. in point of fact I'd expect it to degrade and drain you of mind points if you kept it up for too long.))
((This, i never thought it stacked to begin with because if it did people would only act every 3 or 4 turns due to constantly charging dynamics to prevent failures and overshots and thereby slowing the game to a crawl.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18331 on: January 28, 2014, 01:30:09 am »

((Don't, at least not yet. I'm transporting us down the shaft of this thing along with the rest of the team.
((Hm. Would The Doctor or the Armoury Master be a better source for 'directed amps' (shit like simulated hadoukens, kamehamehas, awesome stuff like that)?))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18332 on: January 28, 2014, 01:33:11 am »

((Don't, at least not yet. I'm transporting us down the shaft of this thing along with the rest of the team.
((Hm. Would The Doctor or the Armoury Master be a better source for 'directed amps' (shit like simulated hadoukens, kamehamehas, awesome stuff like that)?))
((For directed amps stuff, AM. For simulated hadokens and kamehamehas, the Doktor. The AM is strictly practical in her approach to amps. Any stuff with any sort of flair would be best asked of the Doktor.

I personally recommend the Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken, also known as the "Kamehamburger Hadoken".))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 01:34:56 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18333 on: January 28, 2014, 01:35:13 am »

((For directed amps stuff, AM. For simulated hadokens and kamehamehas, the Doktor. The AM is strictly practical in her approach to amps. Any stuff with any sort of flair would be best asked of the Doktor.))
((Gotcha.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18334 on: January 28, 2014, 01:45:17 am »

((About that OOC thread, make it an archive + summarized versions of the missions. 'OOC/Newbie ER Help thread.'
C'mon, piecewise. >_>))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18335 on: January 28, 2014, 02:42:16 am »

Maybe a subforum petition thread would be appropriate?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18336 on: January 28, 2014, 08:29:44 am »

((About that OOC thread, make it an archive + summarized versions of the missions. 'OOC/Newbie ER Help thread.'
C'mon, piecewise. >_>))
((I'll make an (unofficial) OOC thread if piecewise won't.
No promise on the Newbie Help part, though. I'm mostly still a newbie myself. Although I could link to summaries by the veterans and whatnot. Especially if some of you wanted to summarize missions.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18337 on: January 28, 2014, 08:34:24 am »

C'mon, piecewise. >_>))
((I'll make an (unofficial) OOC thread if piecewise won't.
No promise on the Newbie Help part, though. I'm mostly still a newbie myself. Although I could link to summaries by the veterans and whatnot. Especially if some of you wanted to summarize missions.))
((I think you're active enough that we could just write guides and summaries, and you could put them up in the OP.

Seriously, I think it'd be the most expedient route. If PW approves, go for it. ^_^))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18338 on: January 28, 2014, 09:10:47 am »

((We've been stuck here forever. We need something to get us out of this rut.))

If you haven't noticed, while you've been intently staring at a vestigial organ, the team leader asked it where the original body was, which caused a number of new tunnels to open up, which the team leader is currently walking through.
You want to fry it? Sure. Just wait until either the trap has been sprung, or the guy has been successfully extracted.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18339 on: January 28, 2014, 09:38:54 am »

If you haven't noticed, while you've been intently staring at a vestigial organ, the team leader asked it where the original body was, which caused a number of new tunnels to open up, which the team leader is currently walking through.
You want to fry it? Sure. Just wait until either the trap has been sprung, or the guy has been successfully extracted.
((I'd rather just fry everything.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18340 on: January 28, 2014, 09:45:32 am »

((I think you're active enough that we could just write guides and summaries, and you could put them up in the OP.
((I'd probably just link to them. Less likely to trigger the character limit.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18341 on: January 28, 2014, 09:48:30 am »

((Action for next turn: AMP-SIMULATED HADOUKEN. That should deal with things nicely.))
((Not a single person here thinks this course of action will do anything other than make it mad. Do you mind NOT trying to kill me?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18342 on: January 28, 2014, 09:50:10 am »

((Action for next turn: AMP-SIMULATED HADOUKEN. That should deal with things nicely.))
((Not a single person here thinks this course of action will do anything other than make it mad. Do you mind NOT trying to kill me?))
((Um... Which are you again?))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18343 on: January 28, 2014, 09:54:35 am »

((Lyra, I'm currently at the drop-off Morul went down last turn, I'm climbing down it myself this turn. Please don't kill me by making the thing I'm inside and next to its teeth angry.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18344 on: January 28, 2014, 09:59:50 am »

((To go completely OOC with this, do you really think you'll be accepted into many more games on this forum if you start displaying a tendency for team-killing on a whim?))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 1221 1222 [1223] 1224 1225 ... 1256