Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942017 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18255 on: January 23, 2014, 10:57:35 am »

((Everyone gets a Mk I for free.

Also, two questions.
1. What, exactly, is Milnoplate?
2. What are the advantages of robosods over robots?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18256 on: January 23, 2014, 10:59:22 am »

((Obviously we should invest RU in getting more RU.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18257 on: January 23, 2014, 11:14:52 am »

((Where's the Engineer? Dispensers would be real helpful.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #18258 on: January 23, 2014, 11:49:03 am »

((Everyone gets a Mk I for free.

Also, two questions.
1. What, exactly, is Milnoplate?
2. What are the advantages of robosods over robots?))

((But normally sods don't.  And we'll be mass producing a lot of them, so the minor cost might snowball into something notable.

Milnoplate is the battlesuit armor plate refitted to a mk3 that Milno designed.  And currently is the only user of, primarily due to massive cost.  I don't think it includes the avatar cloak he also has.

We... Don't actually have robots.  Everything more complex than drones has wetware CPUs.  And sods are basically perfect soldiers- if I understood it correctly, they pretty much get automatic fives on all dex, str and con rolls.  And auto-ones on just about everything else.  So they're great as straight fighters, but not much else.  Putting them in robobodies just gives them the advantages of robobodies, like the inability to bleed, redundant systems, ect.  Like a mk2, but presumably better and cheaper.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18259 on: January 23, 2014, 11:57:35 am »

((Milnoplate is how a set of battlesuit plates adapted for normal-sized suits (MkIII in Milno's case) wound up named. If I recall correctly, the original price was around 19 tokens or so for the complete set, but it may hopefully gotten cheaper since there a larger demand for it. I only got the head, torso (chest and back plates) and pelvis plating on him, though I added neck protection later.

Its advantages are allowing you to keep your mobility and size while being sturdy enough to save your ass now and then; its major disadvantage is the price and low cost-defense ratio.

And it seems I was a bit late.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18260 on: January 23, 2014, 11:58:30 am »

((Something that will need to be tested with robosods, assuming you put an organic sod brain in a robot sod body...

They may not be able to handle it!

They're highly conditioned and trained to use what they're grown with, and given extremely low capability for any other learning.  Considering that players have to adjust to robot bodies (and can potentially miss missions due to the adjustment), the dumb Sods may not be able to ever figure it out.  They also likely could not take advantage of the benefits robot bodies provide (besides the passive damage resistance- I mean the extra cameras and the like.)

It'd need to be tested.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18261 on: January 23, 2014, 01:12:33 pm »

((But normally sods don't.
((Oh! That makes more sense.))

-snip-
((True. We might need to figure out a whole new kind of sod.))
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18262 on: January 23, 2014, 01:15:39 pm »

((True. We might need to figure out a whole new kind of sod.))
((I'd plug the Artees again, but if it's anything they are not, it's frontline combat units. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18263 on: January 23, 2014, 01:16:53 pm »

((Why are they more frail than, say, sods in robodies?))
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18264 on: January 23, 2014, 01:27:30 pm »

((Why are they more frail than, say, sods in robodies?))
((Not more frail per se, but they are somewhat more limited. The baseline version can only carry its two laser rifles, probably reduced-power versions at that, and its auxiliary weapons are either too weak or too limited in ammunition. A Sod can carry anything you give to it, an Artee is more like a gunship - it has more weapons, but they need to be compact and exactly fit to the hardpoint. However, the two fire-control CPUs should allow it to be more effective with its laser rifles than a Sod could be, so it really boils down to that inflexibility. Artees are versatile in other uses, but they are primarily support units.

The frame layout does lend itself well to a literal spinal weapon mount, however, so a more versatile heavy combat version (the "Arthree", as I called it earlier) is definitely possible.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18265 on: January 23, 2014, 03:12:31 pm »

((Well, it appears that the answer is inevitable.

Give us all battle suits! :P))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18266 on: January 23, 2014, 03:46:32 pm »

Examine the anomaly I mined. then think of possible uses for it. Store it in my locker (Or just leave a note saying not to steal).

Head to the vr. Select tinker.

((Do I go to the other thread now?))

If you're done here, head back to the on ship thread.

As per those anomalies, I assumed you were giving them to the science guys? You probably won't be able to do much with them on your own.

Yes. Can I get a cost estimate/bill of materials?
Like a token. Its just a new metal case to stick it in, after all, no new parts of pieces.

If there's another anomaly to explore, do so under the usual parameters. Otherwise, VR time while there's still time before the attack. AM's amp course.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
You're gonna have to remind me what that is.

"Holy shit. That was close. Hey, could someone get some rope over here? Would be real nice."

Hang out on top of the tooth.
Like a cat up a tree, clinging to a branch and refusing to move.

((was that radio'd?))
((There's only one other person in the room with him and he said "someone" so I'd assume it was radio'd.))
Make extra certain there are no anomalies left. If none are found and nobody else needs any help, enter tinker.
Oh god everyone is entering tinker at once oh god.

"Meow"
Begin typecasting terrible apology letters Go get rope.
You bring a rope down to Maurice.

"Holy shit. That was close. Hey, could someone get some rope over here? Would be real nice."

Hang out on top of the tooth.
Rejoin the biohorror team and keep going, until I get line of sight on Morul and the area he's in. Look around for a way I can climb down.
[will:1+1]
You continue to nap. You consider getting up but....nah. Too cat. Must nap.

Cha-cha-charging my amp.

HRRRRRNNNGGGGGGGGGGG

((Kay guys, since none of you brought it up yet, I'm gonna have to ask what kind of npc troopers we want. Sods, genemodded (by Doctor) sods, robosods?

I propose that whatever we pick, we buy them in squads of five, where one of them is smarter than the rest and can act as their commander in case there are no players around to give orders. Then we could also use some 'elite' sods, also in squads of five, but these are all made up out of sod commander material, so they can work in smaller groups if necessary. I'd propose full synthflesh for the elite ones.

When deciding, remember that quantity is a quality too.))

What do you mean with using the mountains? Placing defenses where they are likely to pass? Use the high ground for shooting them better?
And I meant it more like places in the base where the buildings overlook a big open plaza (good for ambush) or where there is nothing that could be used for cover (meaning really fighting them in the open)

I thought it'd be better not to engage them ourselves in the open if possible, since the will most likely be packing real heat, and letting non-armored players go up against a bunch of super-accurate gauss cannon wielding soldiers without any cover sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Finally, could I please get the RU cost of the following items (if any of these are taken care of by Steve, just say so)

-Hardening the laser batteries and giving them static defenses (for this and the next one, assume the batteries covering our base get a double amount of defenses)
-robotic defenders for the batteries
-lightly mining the area's where they are most likely to land
-Stealthed high-altitude drones capable of reliable imaging

Oh, and what are 'Steve bots' exactly?

In that case you're in luck since basically the entire area around the base is flat and coverless.

1. Well, there's only one laser battery near by, so you might want to think about building some of your own too, but hardening and passive defenses depend on the degree of hardening and the level of the defenses.

2.steve will handle the ones that exist. He's gonna be using robots based on data from the snowglobe. They're expensive but extremely good. say, 25 RU each.

3. If we use nuclear mines...cheap really. Figure 1 RU per mine. Mine field of a hundred or so 8th kilo mines, so about 100.

4. Cheap too. 3 each, since they have no weapons and won't be much more then a camera and flight system.

5.Bots controlled by steve.

Keep on dancing the Charleston. And charging my amp.

((I vote robosods, five in a squad sounds good, same with smarter ones for squad leaders. And synthflesh for elites.

So, I'm going to be gone till Sunday night, someone want to puppet Thaddeus till I'm back?

And if the time jump happens during that time could I get a Mk II suit? and add some milno plate onto it if doesn't cost too much of the teams token pool.))
Yay anachronistic dancing and brain charging!

See if I can help Morul from the above. If not, get back to the team and take some rope, then lower it to Morul. Make sure to maintain secure position on the ground in any case - lay down, grip onto something, etc.
You lower the rope down to morul.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18267 on: January 23, 2014, 04:46:10 pm »

CHARGE THE AMP.

((What are we waiting for?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18268 on: January 23, 2014, 04:53:17 pm »

Sing.

((Also guy look I found Stacy.))
Action, not that it really matters.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18269 on: January 23, 2014, 04:54:13 pm »

((Morul told us to stay put. So we're waiting for him and Maurice to find what's-his-face and bring him back.))
Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 1256