Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1214 1215 [1216] 1217 1218 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942560 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18225 on: January 22, 2014, 03:10:54 pm »

((Now, to make sure Pw doesn’t have to dig through any threads to find the stuff we wanna build, I’lm going to play accountant again and keep tally of what we want, how much it’ll all cost and how much budget we have left. This is how we’ll do it:

You guys ask PW how much something costs when you have an idea for something, then propose  it in the combat thread. Then I’ll keep track of how many people vote against or in favor, and either dismiss it or add it. I’ll voice my opinion, but I won’t count my own vote. However, if there’s an even divide between things then I’m just gonna pick something and that’ll be it. OOC reason to keep things moving and make sure we get to the fun parts faster, IC we can say it’s Miyamoto putting his foot down and being a horrible tyrant again.
If your project has several possible options (e.g. shuttles could be armed with several possible weapons) be sure to figure that out before you propose it, if possible.

Only projects posted in the combat thread will be counted, to keep everything in one place and ‘cause I’m a lazy bum.

Everyone agree with this?))

((@RC: You can put Milno in the rapid response team if you think that's more appropriate. He's no space wizard, so even if he went all-out, that probably wouldn't be that big of an asset to the Assault team.))
((I was waiting for you to say that. It really seems to be the most jokery team to me. Don't worry though, you'll probably have just as many bullets coming at you then the rest of us.))

((Cough cough RC))

((Lars is moving to this thread since Steve directed him to Miyamoto.))

Lars heads out to the gangway when he realizes he doesn't know where Miyamoto is.  He sends him a message.

Dear General Miyamoto,

Glorious Leader, the Most Holy Steve has ordained me to ask you if you are in need of my services. What may I do to serve in preparation for defenses?
((Well, as I posted earlier:
((Gonna do a bigger post later to help organize the RU spending, just need to get in a turn in case PW posts early today.))

Start going around the complex, noting down both the easily defendable areas (a lot of cover, chokepoints, ...), and places where we are particularly vulnerable. Note them down on the map.
((Do you know how much it sucks posting from a phone? The letters man! They're so small! Mistyping constantly! And the autocorrect, don't get me started on the autocorrect!))

Well, you could start with moving the boxes with the recovered artifacts and delivering them to the science team. Be careful with them though, never know what might happen. After that, you can help me scout out good defensive positions.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18226 on: January 22, 2014, 03:31:13 pm »

Yes, your greatness!

Help the recovery effort by moving dangerous things around.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18227 on: January 22, 2014, 03:37:27 pm »

Any other anomalies? If not, head back to the sword to start up Tinker. Once in Tinker, take the outside off both rifles and put them both in the same body (gauss above the laser). Put the intensity/diffusion dials for the laser on the side and leave room for both ammo ports.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18228 on: January 22, 2014, 04:00:00 pm »

Well, here are my ideas for arming the boarding party. Or those without Avatars of War...
1. Suit of MilnoPlate ((I can't find the exact link, but I think you know what I'm talking about.))
2. Exoskeleton
3. A shield made of 4-inch thick battle plate ((For melee types))
4. Mono-sword ((or ranged equivalent, this is specifically for me though))

As long as the budget extends this far, and is for specific personnel.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18229 on: January 22, 2014, 04:07:52 pm »

Poke the thing with a stick to make sure it's safe.
Carefully bring the thing back to ship. Do not bring the pieces close to each other while doing so.
If I can find a microscope (or with my cameyes if they're good enough) look at the thing. Just out of curiosity.
Give it to the science guys and tell them what the thing did and that they should try reconnecting the two pieces.

The thing looks sorta..flaky or scaly and fragile. Like the crust of some baked good but made of unknown stonelike materials.

You bring it back to the ship and give it to the science guys.

More beatboxing, I suppose.
I imagine it's hard for dragons to beat box. No lips and all.

"OH SHIT! Oh shit, oh fuck, oh shit, why did I take that job!"

Look for anything else to grab, and grab it. If that fails, use my amp to make a thin force floor about half a meter below me. If that fails, hope I land on something squishy and soft.
[dex:4]
You get your other hand on the tooth and tighten your grip.
[str:4]
You just barely manage to drag yourself back up onto the tooth and wrap yourself around it like a cat trapped on a tree branch.

bored kitty be bored. Still waiting at the entry area and making sure it didn't close up behind the team.
Yeah, when the inevitable flesh reavers come in and start slaughtering, I'm sure you're gonna be the backup the team desperately needs.

"OH SHIT THEY'VE GOT A 90 POUND CAT GIRL! RUN AWAY!"

Then again, maybe you can disarm them with your cuteness.

Gorat begins raising his laser rifle, then shakes his head and lowers it again. "Okay, I have a strange spike thing here in this crater, crackling with energy it seems. Strange thing, it seems to do nothing right now other than exist. Doesn't react to rocks, doesn't react to temperature change, doesn't implant suicidal thoughts  in my head or give me headaches, ground around it is normal. Admittedly haven't tried to touch it or laser it, but I'm also not eager to try those. Perhaps it could be transport on-ship for research if excavated, but I don't have the tools for that."

Message to the team.

Did someone say excavate?
Sprint over, excavate Gorat's anomaly.
I'm being useful.

You sprint over and start smashing away with your pick ax like a mad man.

"I'M FINALLY HELPING!"

You get it excavated without issue and transport it back to the ship, extremely happy with yourself.

Head on over to the beatboxing abomination and dance to the beat!

((Damn, ok. I wonder if the Doctor would modify my body so that it has the necessary nutrients/chemicals/material needed for synthflesh to heal...hmm.))

Message the good Doctor asking the above, in between bouts of dancing.
Not possible.

You dance the dance of sadness and regret. Otherwise known as the Charleston.

I dunno. Teach the wall morse. Or be a lawyer. Something entertaining while Morul is falling down a pit full of teeth.

Well, we do need a new bureaucrat. Ours wandered off.

How do you feel about writing apology notes in bulk?

((Gonna do a bigger post later to help organize the RU spending, just need to get in a turn in case PW posts early today.))

Start going around the complex, noting down both the easily defendable areas (a lot of cover, chokepoints, ...), and places where we are particularly vulnerable. Note them down on the map.
Well, the area around the base and such is pretty much completely flat. Nothing defensible around here, at least naturally. And really, considering the fact that they'll have ships and such, such things don't mean as much. Though, we can MAKE them mean something by forcing them to come through certain areas. The flat ground is surrounded by low, rounded hills and mountains; the entire base and ship is basically in an ancient crater or basin. Those mountains could prove useful.

Yes, your greatness!

Help the recovery effort by moving dangerous things around.
Well, nothing to do that with yet. Unless you just feel like twirling spend fuel rods like a baton for fun.

Any other anomalies? If not, head back to the sword to start up Tinker. Once in Tinker, take the outside off both rifles and put them both in the same body (gauss above the laser). Put the intensity/diffusion dials for the laser on the side and leave room for both ammo ports.
So basically you want the same thing, but in a single body, rather then a laser rifle with a gauss rifle slung under it?

Well, here are my ideas for arming the boarding party. Or those without Avatars of War...
1. Suit of MilnoPlate ((I can't find the exact link, but I think you know what I'm talking about.))
2. Exoskeleton
3. A shield made of 4-inch thick battle plate ((For melee types))
4. Mono-sword ((or ranged equivalent, this is specifically for me though))

As long as the budget extends this far, and is for specific personnel.
Well, milno plate would be about 10 for each set. Shield would be about the same. Exoskeletons about 5 and monoswords about that too.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18230 on: January 22, 2014, 04:14:16 pm »

((Double post. Please ignore.))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 04:46:21 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18231 on: January 22, 2014, 04:18:33 pm »

Well, that's only 30 tokens. Not that much considering some of the peoples monies around here. Although, a melee variant of the battle suit might be more cost efficient....

Anyone else have any ideas?
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18232 on: January 22, 2014, 04:39:08 pm »

Examine the anomaly I mined. then think of possible uses for it. Store it in my locker (Or just leave a note saying not to steal).

Head to the vr. Select tinker.

((Do I go to the other thread now?))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18233 on: January 22, 2014, 04:41:39 pm »

Yes. Can I get a cost estimate/bill of materials?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 04:44:33 pm by Doomblade187 »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #18234 on: January 22, 2014, 04:49:12 pm »

If there's another anomaly to explore, do so under the usual parameters. Otherwise, VR time while there's still time before the attack. AM's amp course.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18235 on: January 22, 2014, 07:08:11 pm »

"Holy shit. That was close. Hey, could someone get some rope over here? Would be real nice."

Hang out on top of the tooth.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18236 on: January 22, 2014, 07:11:32 pm »

((was that radio'd?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18237 on: January 22, 2014, 07:19:49 pm »

((was that radio'd?))
((There's only one other person in the room with him and he said "someone" so I'd assume it was radio'd.))
Make extra certain there are no anomalies left. If none are found and nobody else needs any help, enter tinker.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 07:23:05 pm by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18238 on: January 22, 2014, 07:56:29 pm »

((Broadcast over the radio. In fact, assume everything I say during a mission is over the radio, and anyone who has a radio can hear. Unless, you know, it's been stated that the radios don't work.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18239 on: January 22, 2014, 08:08:30 pm »

"Meow"
Begin typecasting terrible apology letters Go get rope.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:10:19 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 1214 1215 [1216] 1217 1218 ... 1256