Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942525 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18210 on: January 21, 2014, 07:57:21 am »

Join Xan in beatboxing and charge my amp.
((Nice choice. This will be hilarious no matter what you roll. I just home the fleshbomanation thing you're in has ears in your room...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18211 on: January 21, 2014, 10:28:05 am »

Call Miyamoto over to retrieve a sample from the green spikes, tholrow rocks into the steel-air-thingy-zone after backing away, observe results.
On another note, any way I could improve my combi-weapon? Or could the exterior just use a bit of cleaning up?

Retrieve the sample he is referring to. With manip, from a distance, blablabla you know the drill.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18212 on: January 21, 2014, 02:44:39 pm »

((Lars is moving to this thread since Steve directed him to Miyamoto.))

Lars heads out to the gangway when he realizes he doesn't know where Miyamoto is.  He sends him a message.

Dear General Miyamoto,

Glorious Leader, the Most Holy Steve has ordained me to ask you if you are in need of my services. What may I do to serve in preparation for defenses?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18213 on: January 21, 2014, 03:07:32 pm »

Keep lookout. Idly beatbox to pass the time.

((Mkay.))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFwafduTyX0

Call Miyamoto over to retrieve a sample from the green spikes, tholrow rocks into the steel-air-thingy-zone after backing away, observe results.
On another note, any way I could improve my combi-weapon? Or could the exterior just use a bit of cleaning up?

I'm not sure what you're referring to as the "Steel Air thingy zone"

That laser gauss rifle? Well, you could make it look a little nicer then a laser rifle with a gauss rifle duct taped to it.

Hey, Hey, You know that other tread? The one you left? Kid's named after you.  Yeah. Yeah.
Dammit, now I'm going to want to watch that abomination.

As per things to do...well we're working toward that time skip so I think you're on your own free time now.
Neat.

It breaks. Snaps in half like a glass rod.
((...Oops.))

sobserve
((Please don't fix this tyop, I wanna see what piecewise makes of it.))

See if VR is online. If it is, see if I can join Anton and Bishop in their brainstorming session.
((What thread would that be?))
Probably back on the on ship thread. Which is the repair and rescue thread.

And yeah, you can join them, assuming they let you.

"I'll head down first and check the bottom out. I'll radio once I'm down."

Carefully climb down into the pit. Once at the bottom, examine the surroundings and radio Maurice to start his descent.
Climb down at Morul's command.

[Morul dex:2+1]
Morul starts climbing and almost immediately slips. He falls for a few seconds before managing to catch hold of one of the protruding teeth with one hand. Unfortunately the tooth is rather smooth so he starts to lose his grip almost immediately.

((@GWG- too late. Didn`t feel like risking Denzel unneccesarily.))
((:())
Convince piecewise to go with sobserve, or at least explain what would have happened.
Probably trying to look at his gun while crying uncontrollably.

Teach myself to speak blink-morse. Have conversation with eye wall
The wall doesn't know morse. Unfortunately.

Gorat sighs. He really doesn't want to do anything suicidal in face of the anomaly... but with anomalies, sensible could easily be suicidal...

Heat a one foot sphere of air near the spike. If nothing seems to happen, cool down a one foot sphere. If there's still no reaction, heat up a small portion of the spike. If that also provokes no reaction, cool down a small portion of the spike.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
[Exo:4+1]
Heating and cooling seem to have no effect. Hmm

Keep on keepin' on

((So, how big would it be? Battlesuit size? And would the artery/vein valves let me...eh, "interface" with the other in the synthflesh?))
Well, it wouldn't have those to let you interface. It would probably have a nerve response system

How has the snapping modified the object's properties? Range? Strength? Does the heat come from both objects?
Go ask the AM for a mirror I could bounce lasers on and something with very high heat tolerance or insulation.
If AM says the stuff is expensive or that she doesn't have any, use one of Gilgamesh's fingers, since battlesuit plate is both heat resistant and has those reflective particles in it.
Kick some dirt inside the effect. Put mirror inside the effect, facing the object. Put heat insulation inside the effect, wrapped around a rock. Observe results. Would any of those materials be capable of handling it?
Lob rock inside the effect in such a way that it stops very fast, as a way to test if only moving things are affected.
Could I just pick up the ground the object is in?

It has modified it in that it no longer does anything anymore. It seems completely mundane now.

Your tests prove this.

Take a quick nap
You Nap so fast! You're like some sort of...hedgehog...

Retrieve the sample he is referring to. With manip, from a distance, blablabla you know the drill.

Locked, Socked and Rocked.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18214 on: January 21, 2014, 03:16:06 pm »

Poke the thing with a stick to make sure it's safe.
Carefully bring the thing back to ship. Do not bring the pieces close to each other while doing so.
If I can find a microscope (or with my cameyes if they're good enough) look at the thing. Just out of curiosity.
Give it to the science guys and tell them what the thing did and that they should try reconnecting the two pieces.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18215 on: January 21, 2014, 03:17:56 pm »

More beatboxing, I suppose.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18216 on: January 21, 2014, 03:32:54 pm »

"OH SHIT! Oh shit, oh fuck, oh shit, why did I take that job!"

Look for anything else to grab, and grab it. If that fails, use my amp to make a thin force floor about half a meter below me. If that fails, hope I land on something squishy and soft.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #18217 on: January 21, 2014, 03:37:10 pm »

Gorat begins raising his laser rifle, then shakes his head and lowers it again. "Okay, I have a strange spike thing here in this crater, crackling with energy it seems. Strange thing, it seems to do nothing right now other than exist. Doesn't react to rocks, doesn't react to temperature change, doesn't implant suicidal thoughts  in my head or give me headaches, ground around it is normal. Admittedly haven't tried to touch it or laser it, but I'm also not eager to try those. Perhaps it could be transport on-ship for research if excavated, but I don't have the tools for that."

Message to the team.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18218 on: January 21, 2014, 04:00:26 pm »

bored kitty be bored. Still waiting at the entry area and making sure it didn't close up behind the team.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18219 on: January 21, 2014, 04:36:42 pm »

Gorat begins raising his laser rifle, then shakes his head and lowers it again. "Okay, I have a strange spike thing here in this crater, crackling with energy it seems. Strange thing, it seems to do nothing right now other than exist. Doesn't react to rocks, doesn't react to temperature change, doesn't implant suicidal thoughts  in my head or give me headaches, ground around it is normal. Admittedly haven't tried to touch it or laser it, but I'm also not eager to try those. Perhaps it could be transport on-ship for research if excavated, but I don't have the tools for that."

Message to the team.

Did someone say excavate?
Sprint over, excavate Gorat's anomaly.
I'm being useful.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18220 on: January 21, 2014, 07:40:56 pm »

Head on over to the beatboxing abomination and dance to the beat!

((Damn, ok. I wonder if the Doctor would modify my body so that it has the necessary nutrients/chemicals/material needed for synthflesh to heal...hmm.))

Message the good Doctor asking the above, in between bouts of dancing.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18221 on: January 21, 2014, 08:23:36 pm »

I dunno. Teach the wall morse. Or be a lawyer. Something entertaining while Morul is falling down a pit full of teeth.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18222 on: January 22, 2014, 01:57:00 pm »

((Gonna do a bigger post later to help organize the RU spending, just need to get in a turn in case PW posts early today.))

Start going around the complex, noting down both the easily defendable areas (a lot of cover, chokepoints, ...), and places where we are particularly vulnerable. Note them down on the map.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18223 on: January 22, 2014, 02:06:23 pm »

((Cough cough RC))

((Lars is moving to this thread since Steve directed him to Miyamoto.))

Lars heads out to the gangway when he realizes he doesn't know where Miyamoto is.  He sends him a message.

Dear General Miyamoto,

Glorious Leader, the Most Holy Steve has ordained me to ask you if you are in need of my services. What may I do to serve in preparation for defenses?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18224 on: January 22, 2014, 02:24:14 pm »

((@RC: You can put Milno in the rapid response team if you think that's more appropriate. He's no space wizard, so even if he went all-out, that probably wouldn't be that big of an asset to the Assault team.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 1256