Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1210 1211 [1212] 1213 1214 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944467 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18165 on: January 17, 2014, 08:48:47 pm »

"Xan, stay here with the rest of the group. I assume it knows what you are, and you can't really be disarmed. Besides, you're the highest ranking member of the group, and while I don't trust you, you've shown yourself to be capable of not dying. And really, if all you want to do is eat this thing, you can do that here. I'd rather you not eat it though, at least not while we're inside. And before you ask, Maurice is coming because he knows medicine better than I do, and I have a guess that we may need to separate our teammate from the rest of the place."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18166 on: January 17, 2014, 08:54:48 pm »

Very well, I'll not argue. Is there anything you want me to do while I'm out here, or just stand guard?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18167 on: January 17, 2014, 09:27:24 pm »

"Not particularly. Keep an eye on your team, and try not to piss this thing off."

Head into the tunnel.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18168 on: January 17, 2014, 09:29:59 pm »

Very well.
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18169 on: January 17, 2014, 09:33:07 pm »

The waiting! It doesn't stop!
Nothing stops the wait train!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18170 on: January 17, 2014, 11:04:06 pm »

Wait with the rest of the team, keep on chargin' my amp.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18171 on: January 17, 2014, 11:06:09 pm »

((After this turn I'm gonna stop charging because I'm afraid I'm gonna explode or something :P))
Sig! Onol

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18172 on: January 17, 2014, 11:15:15 pm »

((Gah!! Don't give Him ideas!))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18173 on: January 17, 2014, 11:51:38 pm »

((Too late >:) ))
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18174 on: January 18, 2014, 03:23:05 pm »

Mark the location of the anomaly on some kind of map. Label it as "Really Hot Thing--Global Warming?"

Find another anomaly. Say...#1?
I think we're out of anomalies at this point. There are like 5 other people doing the same job.

Charge amp more while the team decides what to do.
At this point I think you have more then +6 dynamic charge. You could roll the dice and it could shatter into a million pieces and you'd still succeed.

Step back. Mark "my" anomalies on the map. Examine the ground surrounding the spike.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
It looks extremely normal. That ground there is brutally uninteresting. Brain rendingly mundane.

The waiting! It doesn't stop!
You can cat if you want to, you can leave your cats behind. Because your cats don't cat, if they don't cat, Well then their no cats of mine.

"Well shit. Think this is it's way of telling us "abandon all hope, he who enter here"? Because I don't like it. Wait. I have an idea. Maurice, leave your weapons with someone, and follow me. The rest of you, stay put."

Give someone my rifle and the flamethrower. Engage loudspeaker.

"I think I understand. You want us to go unarmed correct?"

((Clever. Although, I'm not sure why it's not just morphing a mouth and talking.))
You hand your weapons off to another teammate. 

((I think the Overload is trying to tell you to disarm yourselves.))

Poke a pole close to the object. See where the border of the anomaly is. Mark it. Watch what happens to objects entering the border with cameyes.

The effect seems to begin fairly near the anomaly. And it seems like the objects are being heated by some sort of invisible projection from the rod. You can see it in the thermal camera.

Felix takes Morul's rifle and flamethrower for safekeeping, and then moves back up the tunnel a ways to wait.
You take the weapons and then back up. More firepower and less flesh? Sounds good to you.

Go grab a vacuum container while letting the thing stay where it is. Then put the thing* in the thing** using the thing***. Also, question.
(*artifact **vacuum container ***manipulator)

"Say, Steve, is there any particular weak spot in terms of our connection to the other remote defenses? A central hub, a communications line, something else we'd really need to defend if we wanna keep our turrets shooting?"

((Well, much more people for defense than I had anticipated. Oh well, we'll see once we have a bigger picture. Still, I might have to shift some people to assault or reserve if it's really necessary.))

((Hmm. Would Steve be willing to supply us with shields? I'm definitely on the 'squishier' side of the equation...))
((We might get a budget for 'loaning' stuff for one mission, so we might be able to supply some for you guys. ))
Anyways, for Radio's sake, posting my post in here: HQ Defense. An unfortunate necessity, since I would be great for combat (they can't even hit me point black, hooray for selective intangibility), but I need to remain in HQ to coordinate, both forces and manufacturing. Who says the machines have to shut down when there's a war on, after all? Might even be able to roll some stuff (Tanks, or IFVs, at the least. No battlesuits or whatnot, we want something that we can hop in and GO) for you guys right off the lines and straight into battle.))
((Kay then. I still don't think we'll be able to manufacture anything of note during the battle though. I mean, if we already have been building for several months, I don't see a few hours, or even days, making a huge difference. But hey, why not try right?))
((@RC: I think Assault and/or Boarding would work for Milno. Something that has to do with Joker's line of work would be nice, though I think opportunities for that would most likely appear during boarding.))
((Hmm, I think Reserve team will be the most, erm, 'jokery' since they'll be more autonomous, and mobile firepower is Milno's forte anyways. I'll put you down with assault now, but you can still chance if you want.))

You stuff the thing in the vacuum container.

>Nah. I designed this place well, with the exception of a few intentional weaknesses. But thats not one of them. The laser defense batteries have several methods of remaining in connection, including wired, wireless and an emergency quantum entanglement system. Plus they're smart enough to fire on their own, should they need to.

Keep on riding Xantalos like an Amp Charging BOSS.
ER: Were men ride dragons that used to be men; and both of them have pyrokinesis.

Step back and wait. Maybe juggle or something so PW doesn't get too bored.
You teach yourself to speak cat. You can now talk to The cat girl. Assuming she ever has anything to say.

Most gracious of you.

Stay with rest of group that's not heading further in, dynamic charge amp, etc.

Quote from: To Doc
And what negative side effects could it have on me if I consumed it?
It might consume you back. Or interfere with your ability to control your body. Don't know without testing it.

"Not particularly. Keep an eye on your team, and try not to piss this thing off."

Head into the tunnel.
You head deeper into the tunnel. Eventually, you come to a pit. This one is deep. Real deep. You can't see the bottom with your lamps deep. And it appears to be ringed with boney protrusions and strange feathery organs and cilia. When you turn your lamps off and your light amplification systems on, you can just barely make out a dim glow coming from somewhere far below.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18175 on: January 18, 2014, 03:30:39 pm »

((I suddenly feel like this is becoming less Fantastic Voyage, and more like some kind of Journey To The Sphincter Of The Earth.))
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:32:54 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18176 on: January 18, 2014, 04:01:07 pm »

"Why am I doing this? I'm unarmed, inside a giant flesh thing, and I'm going deeper. Dammit."

Do I see any obvious ways down, as in, do the bony protrusions form stairs, or any other way I could climb down?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18177 on: January 18, 2014, 05:15:45 pm »

Is it possible to be even more of a cheap bitch charge another dynamic bonus? If so, charge bonus for shapeshifting. If not, just keep a lookout for stuff.

Quote from: To Doc
What if the core is destroyed before I consume it?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 01:32:20 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18178 on: January 18, 2014, 06:31:30 pm »

((I suddenly feel like this is becoming less Fantastic Voyage, and more like some kind of Journey To The Sphincter Of The Earth.))
((Oy, TV Tropes links are my schtick!))

Double-check, then head back to the ship glumly. Ask Steve if there's anything he needs help with.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18179 on: January 18, 2014, 08:43:01 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1210 1211 [1212] 1213 1214 ... 1256