Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944016 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18090 on: January 15, 2014, 02:13:30 pm »

((Grate could go anywhere he's needed, because right now he's not much good at anything so he'll have to make/buy stuff to be useful. And...tenatively entering the boarding party.))

((You'd be great for clearing mines and other traps.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18091 on: January 15, 2014, 02:17:37 pm »

((Assault and Boarding.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18092 on: January 15, 2014, 02:34:23 pm »

((Boarding and assault.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18093 on: January 15, 2014, 03:06:04 pm »

((Anton will likely be a semi-mobile reserve, his primary contribution to the fight will be various technological thingamajigs and unconventional defense plans.
One thing I'd like done is equipping people with uncommon weaponry. Gauss rifles and lasers, amps and manipulators, these are standard things the UWM expects and has tactics for, so the farther we can go into the unconventional - not only meaning the Armory specification - the less effective UWM tactics will be. Electrolasers are a cheap and cheerful option, but so could be hybrid rocket rifles, bola launchers, what have you.
I also have a few ideas for hybrid drones/troopers/weapon platforms, but that will require a bit of experimentation.
Speaking of unconventional defense plans, a question for PW/Steve: how much Samsonite sonic sand do we actually have on board?))

((Well, that's possible, but we shouldn't go unconventional just for the hell of it, if there are more efficient options. So adding a few electrolasers here and there sounds fine, but gauss and laser weapons have a very robust design, and stuff like production rate/cost is also a factor. And if you shoot a regular sod with a gauss rifle or an electrolaser, he'll probably be dead either way. Still, having a few surprises would be handy.
You'd probably be best with discussing production stuff in-game with Steve or Simus; Though maybe PW wants to wait with that stuff until these missions are over, I dunno.
I think we can produce that sandstuff easily, seeing how we'll be coating boarding pods with them, and refills aren't that expensive.))

((Oh, and people, if you want to dissect my plans thread by thread to show how stupid they are and how incompetent I really am and that I couldn't defend a picknick basket from a cheeky bear, do tell. Pointing out flaws will do us more good than mindlessly agreeing after all.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18094 on: January 15, 2014, 03:06:15 pm »

((Seeing as Charles is a Speech-Charisma character, I'll have him in defense and possibly try and demoralize them by radio or something.))
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 03:15:39 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18095 on: January 15, 2014, 03:20:59 pm »

((For boarders, it's mostly going to be close quarters combat, with stretches of ground with no cover, so I'd reccomend taking some sort of shield with you. Also, maybe research metal foam canisters or grenades for sealing off side passages behind us, to prevent easy flanking, depending on the density and composition. Or, if metal isn't possible, some sort of expanding substance strong enough to withstand anything short of actual breaching gear.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18096 on: January 15, 2014, 03:25:44 pm »

((Lyra ==> Time constraints permitting, Mobile Reserve / Defense and I'm willing to join the boarding actions, but If the mission runs long I won't be able to participate so don't count on me for the endgame.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18097 on: January 15, 2014, 03:46:49 pm »

Xan decides to use OOC knowledge ask questions.
Quote from: Xan's Sheet
Charisma: (-1)(-1)
Clearly, nothing can go wrong.

Entity. Teammate. Where is your core? We mean no harm to it, but we must examine it to determine if you can be cured.
And perhaps the excess sloughed off and donated to someone else...

Xan slavers a bit at this last whisper.

Ask question!
A pair of tentacles grow up out of the ground and cross themselves in front of you in a grumpy manner.

"...Tsundere?"

((And the veins are probably sustaining the brain. Well, technically the arteries would be doing that, but details details.))
That would be...what looks like a floating, drifting, flickering point of reddish-yellow light that, according to your suit's monitors, is very hot.

T. shakes off his sadness and heads back to the hole.

Continue following Morul, sans bomb
You continue to follow Morul, Sans bomb.

"Hrmm. I wonder if the Doctor has any advice."

Step out of the room and send the following message to the Doctor, trying to keep the message from being seen by the eyes, and include pictures of the brain if possible.

Quote from: Morul Migurkeshin To: The Doctor
Hello. We've found what looks like a giant human brain, possibly belonging to a crew member who got stuck in the overload. Would it be possible to recover the crew member, and possibly get him back to some semblance of normal, even if it is just a robot body? Word the answer carefully, the walls have eyes and I don't know if they can read this.
Find core. Probably deep down. If teammate still conscious, body should be mostly intact. Giant brain not it.

Wait for whatever horrible thing is about to happen to happen. Try not to get caught by whatever it is.
Scared cat continues to be scared.

Quote from:  Dubley Steptimus -> anomaly team
I think we're almost done here. Going to join the salvage team.
Throw a rock into the crater, then throw a lit molotov into the crater. Then go join the salvage team.
The rock flies lazily into the crater and gets shredded apart. Mototov has a similar effect. You still wanna join salvage team?
Well, I can't mine out the whole crater (pun) , can I? Actually, try exactly that. Mine out the entire crater and bring it back to base. Be very careful not to touch the shredding zone.
Missed me. Can I retroactively use the turn I missed for a dynamic strength bonus? Maybe by planning out exactly how I should mine.
You dig the rock out but when you attempt to lift it, the rock gets shredded. Seems like the anomaly is stationary in space.

Mark the anomaly for recovery and delivery to the science lab and keep moving with the rock-throwing.
You wander toward another crater. As you get closer, but not close enough to see it, you start tasting metal. Stranger then that, you start feeling metal. As though all of your skin is pressed against steel.

Go back to Morul, and be his...Honor Guard(?) Yeah, sure. Also, keep thinking of ways to use my amp to attack if need be
CHARGE THE AMP TO INFINITY.
Amp charging, morul following, kung-fu grip action.

Give video and data from the aurora exploration to Steve and inform him and Simus that it's ok and that it would be useful for hiding things.

Any other unexplored anomalies around? If yes, pick one at random and investigate, if not, go back to salvaging.

Data forwarded. Lets see...

This one is a pinniform rod which is leaking a yellowish light.

It continues to resonate.
You put it in a bubble of physical resistance around it.
It keeps resonating. The sound doesn't appear to be stopped by the bubble.
uh...

Bend away all the air from around it, so it's in a vacuum. If it's still making sound (despite no medium for it) shoot it away into space using the manip. Literally try to get it of and away from the planet as far and as fast as possible.

"Okay! Where's the map?"
After getting response, search for anomalies.
"just use your wristpad, it'll automatically link up with the others. Find an unexplored area and see if there's anything weird going on. Throw rocks so you don't get caught by an invisible anomaly."

((Ok guys, I have some time now, so here's what's what:
Spoiler: spoilered for length (click to show/hide)
Will try to add more info, but posting now so people can say what team they prefer.))

Quote from: tl;dr version, this is what I'd like everybody to respond to:
So; I’d like everyone to post what team you’d prefer and if you wanna go play space pirate (aka boarding team or not). Even if you’d prefer to sit in the Sword and not participate, I’d like to know.
Can’t promise everybody will get to be on their preferred team, but I’ll do my best.

Sucking the air away from the thing works, though it is still visibly vibrating.

Next anomaly, usual chucking procedure.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Second to last one.

This one is a large, heptagonal spike that glows blue with black swirls. It doesn't seem to be doing anything.

((Anton will likely be a semi-mobile reserve, his primary contribution to the fight will be various technological thingamajigs and unconventional defense plans.

One thing I'd like done is equipping people with uncommon weaponry. Gauss rifles and lasers, amps and manipulators, these are standard things the UWM expects and has tactics for, so the farther we can go into the unconventional - not only meaning the Armory specification - the less effective UWM tactics will be. Electrolasers are a cheap and cheerful option, but so could be hybrid rocket rifles, bola launchers, what have you.

I also have a few ideas for hybrid drones/troopers/weapon platforms, but that will require a bit of experimentation.

Speaking of unconventional defense plans, a question for PW/Steve: how much Samsonite sonic sand do we actually have on board?))
We could make theoretically unlimited amounts, though it would take time and materials.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18098 on: January 15, 2014, 03:50:07 pm »

((Totally willing to help look for the core if you forward the doc's reply to me btw. and I'm pretty sure I don't qualify as a threat to it so it won't oppose me.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #18099 on: January 15, 2014, 03:54:16 pm »

Toss a rock at it. If nothing happens, approach very carefully, stopping if any effect becomes apparent. Do not get into poking range. Do not poke the evil glowing spike.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18100 on: January 15, 2014, 03:55:45 pm »

((Totally willing to help look for the core if you forward the doc's reply to me btw. and I'm pretty sure I don't qualify as a threat to it so it won't oppose me.))
((Although I'm definitely a threat.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18101 on: January 15, 2014, 03:56:45 pm »

((Except you're an unsuited pint-sized half-feline, which translates to "snack" for the digestive system directly below you.))

((Re: Samsonite sand. It responds to sound, but only to specific sounds and frequencies, and otherwise looks like normal-ish sand. And when it does respond, it can respond with significant force, especially when in large quantities.

We could make little strips and patches of "desert" around key areas that need to be defended against soldiers. A sand trap is a common enough obstacle - it reduces mobility of soldiers and vehicles alike, so it wouldn't be altogether conspicuous. Until it was actually used, that is.))
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:01:51 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18102 on: January 15, 2014, 03:59:46 pm »

"Right. The giant brain is a decoy. The real core is elsewhere, likely deeper down. Get ready, things could get rough."

Engage loudspeaker, and hold the flamer at the ready. Don't aim at anything yet, but get ready to.

"Right. Can you direct us to our teammate? I've no problem with you, but we aren't leaving a man behind."

((Really, I'd consider us all to be a threat. I mean, your body considers all foreign objects to be dangerous, why would this one? Follow the DF principle. Everything wants to kill you. It may not try, but it wants to.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18103 on: January 15, 2014, 04:03:09 pm »

"Right. The giant brain is a decoy. The real core is elsewhere, likely deeper down. Get ready, things could get rough."

Engage loudspeaker, and hold the flamer at the ready. Don't aim at anything yet, but get ready to.

"Right. Can you direct us to our teammate? I've no problem with you, but we aren't leaving a man behind."

((Really, I'd consider us all to be a threat. I mean, your body considers all foreign objects to be dangerous, why would this one? Follow the DF principle. Everything wants to kill you. It may not try, but it wants to.))
((Alternatively, it may not want to, and it may not try, but it will anyway if you let it. See: acids, white cells, enzymes, etc.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18104 on: January 15, 2014, 04:07:24 pm »

((Grate could go anywhere he's needed, because right now he's not much good at anything so he'll have to make/buy stuff to be useful. And...tenatively entering the boarding party.))
((You'd be great for clearing mines and other traps.))
((Gee, thanks. I'll be sure to let Jim know you suggested that.))

((Oh, and people, if you want to dissect my plans thread by thread to show how stupid they are and how incompetent I really am and that I couldn't defend a picknick basket from a cheeky bear, do tell. Pointing out flaws will do us more good than mindlessly agreeing after all.))
((Well, for starters, we don't have any pickanick baskets.
Anyways, if I had to choose a flaw, I'd say it's too vague. I never said it was a flaw you could do anything about, did I?))

((Except you're an unsuited pint-sized half-feline, which translates to "snack" for the digestive system directly below you.))
((Stupid stomach, not having any kind of nervous system or sense.))

((And the veins are probably sustaining the brain. Well, technically the arteries would be doing that, but details details.))
That would be...what looks like a floating, drifting, flickering point of reddish-yellow light that, according to your suit's monitors, is very hot.
"Ooh, pretty."
Locate a rock. Throw it at the anomaly.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 ... 1256