Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1197 1198 [1199] 1200 1201 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944809 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #17970 on: January 09, 2014, 03:09:28 pm »

((This is gonna suuuuuuck....))
((Don't be absurd. It's more likely to simply absorb you or dunk you into acid than simply suck you in.))
((Oh, whew. I mean, that's so much more survivable.[/sarcasm]))
((Hey, if you want a serious response, play a serious game.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17971 on: January 09, 2014, 05:33:35 pm »

Call Dubley with my suit coms. Explain the situation to him and how to get here.

"Hey Dubley! I've got some samples here to excavate with your pickax and deliver to the scientists. I'm sure you'll get the credit, if applicable. To get here, go (insert directions)."

""Sure thing. Hi ho hi ho it's off to work we go!"

Go help Gorat. Mine the crystals. Sing a dwarfy song.

((For Piecewise: I usually imagine standing 2 or 3 meters back while throwing the rocks.))
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 05:38:51 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17972 on: January 09, 2014, 07:02:32 pm »

((Making the assumption that it's just going to flail around handshakewise the same way it did with Xan.))

T. watches the display whilst messaging Xan.

Quote from: Teal>Xan
Found something?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17973 on: January 09, 2014, 08:27:35 pm »

Cancel going back to the shaft, stay near Morul as he grabs the tendril. Get ready to help pull him back if he needs any help. Also, imagine 6 feet down the tendril from Morul turning to ash with my microwave amp, just in case it becomes hostile.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17974 on: January 09, 2014, 10:51:59 pm »

Look for anomalies. Outside of the aurora zone, of course. While rock-throwing.

((Rock-throwing is more for the general area testing, really. To make sure we don't fall into gravity anomalies like that one on mission 9.

Say, do you have a list of info about that mission that fills in the gaps of our info?))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17975 on: January 10, 2014, 07:18:36 am »

Ask Steve if we have anything on hand that could be used to contain the melt-o gas. If he does, try using that. If not, go put that 'lump of pollen' thing Dudly found in a box. From a distance, with the manip, of course.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:58:59 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17976 on: January 10, 2014, 10:49:57 am »

Quote from: Pan=>squad leaders + Milno
I have completed my work with the survey team, only one survivor and in bad shape. Is there another team that needs a joker team member for civilian questioning?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17977 on: January 10, 2014, 10:56:37 am »

While my teammates are occupied with the tendril, keep watch on the rest of the room, as well as the hallway we came through; make sure the hallway hasn't changed, shrunk, etc.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17978 on: January 10, 2014, 12:41:10 pm »

"Rescue, Survey teams. Jokers seen any action so far?" Milno asks over comms, staring at the freaky glove. Better to conduct more tests on it later.

If Thomas hasn't taken his position, head to join the Rescue team.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17979 on: January 10, 2014, 01:09:16 pm »

"Rescue, Survey teams. Jokers seen any action so far?" Milno asks over comms, staring at the freaky glove. Better to conduct more tests on it later.

Quote from: Pan->Milno
Pan here, chief. Survey team found only one survivor. He's being taken care of. New objective?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17980 on: January 10, 2014, 02:43:47 pm »

Hmm. Concerning.

Head back out of the tunnel and up to the 15th floor, over to where the brain and heart are, using Teal's directions.

You head back up to the rest of the group.

So the hole everyone is using to enter the biohorror is not closing up behind them and my worries about entrapment are for nothing?

If the hole stays exactly the same size, and there are still eyes watching me, then stay right where I am.
If the hole is very very very slowly closing or I'm not being observed, then attempt to catch up to the group while making a point of staying out of the acid. Use my claws as necessary to climb.
If the hole is closing noticeably, then do NOT move from where I am

It seems like it might be closing a little bit; it's hard to tell though. If it's closing, it's doing it slowly enough that you can't tell with the naked eye. And the eyes have gone away as well. You climb back down and join the rest of the team in the brain room.

"Uhhhh. Shit. This is gonna suck."

Step forward, and grab the tendril. Image building a wall, insulating my mind from any invading entities. In other words, charge brain against mindfuckery.

((This is gonna suuuuuuck....))
The tentacle sucks back into the wall and melts into the flesh before you can touch it. Huh, personal space issues.

Call Dubley with my suit coms. Explain the situation to him and how to get here.

"Hey Dubley! I've got some samples here to excavate with your pickax and deliver to the scientists. I'm sure you'll get the credit, if applicable. To get here, go (insert directions)."

""Sure thing. Hi ho hi ho it's off to work we go!"

Go help Gorat. Mine the crystals. Sing a dwarfy song.

((For Piecewise: I usually imagine standing 2 or 3 meters back while throwing the rocks.))
Not throwing that rock anymore eh? Alright.

You head over to the crystals and your team-bro

[str:4+1]
You dig the black diamonds out for your friend-bro.

Cancel going back to the shaft, stay near Morul as he grabs the tendril. Get ready to help pull him back if he needs any help. Also, imagine 6 feet down the tendril from Morul turning to ash with my microwave amp, just in case it becomes hostile.
Morul's playtime proves rather boring.

Look for anomalies. Outside of the aurora zone, of course. While rock-throwing.

((Rock-throwing is more for the general area testing, really. To make sure we don't fall into gravity anomalies like that one on mission 9.

Say, do you have a list of info about that mission that fills in the gaps of our info?))
Letsee....

How do you feel about a metal cylinder embedded perfectly straight up in the ground?

Ask Steve if we have anything on hand that could be used to contain the melt-o gas. If he does, try using that. If not, go put that 'lump of pollen' thing Dudly found in a box. From a distance, with the manip, of course.

>Hard to say, maybe an electromagnetic field. Though that might take a bit to make.

You walk over to the pollen and attempt to pick it up and place it into a metal box.

[Uncon:3+1+1+1 DECOMP:5]

You very carefully place the pollen like thing in a box. You have the feeling that doing un-careful things to said pollen would be a bad idea.

While my teammates are occupied with the tendril, keep watch on the rest of the room, as well as the hallway we came through; make sure the hallway hasn't changed, shrunk, etc.
Nothing. This biohorror doesn't seem that horrifying.

If Thomas hasn't taken his position, head to join the Rescue team.
Yeah, we'll say you're over there now.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17981 on: January 10, 2014, 02:47:56 pm »

Examine brain, trying to find the part that controls movement and such.
Also how big is it?

((I think I'm gonna fry this thing next turn.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17982 on: January 10, 2014, 02:57:59 pm »

You very carefully place the pollen like thing in a box. You have the feeling that doing un-careful things to said pollen would be a bad idea.
((Is anyone else reminded of Osmosis Jones by this?

..Has anyone here but me even seen Osmosis Jones? <_<))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17983 on: January 10, 2014, 03:18:24 pm »

Ask Steve: "Hey, Steve! This thing kinda reminds me of the time we saw the Sword jump. (Nice sight by the way.) Do you think there's any chance this is a new jump point? If it was, could it transport me like that or would I need to go at a certain relative velocity?"

Second test: Use a pole to get a drone inside the aurora. Check to see if we get signal. If not, check the drone's recording.
Third test: Keep a pole halfway inside the aurora. Mark the edge of the aurora with something. Watch for changes.
Just like I did with the black domes.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:04:54 pm by Parisbre56 »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17984 on: January 10, 2014, 03:25:24 pm »

Examine the... big thingy.
Pages: 1 ... 1197 1198 [1199] 1200 1201 ... 1256