Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1196 1197 [1198] 1199 1200 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944764 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #17955 on: January 09, 2014, 02:03:18 am »

((More than likely it came from the amp overload. They are know for disregarding such petty things as physics, the law of conservation of mass, and plain old common sense.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17956 on: January 09, 2014, 03:01:00 am »

Continue to observe the weird flesh-monster from the outside
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17957 on: January 09, 2014, 09:44:42 am »

Just try to pick a container made out of a material that is not reactive. If none seems present, try it with a glass container. Use manip to move gas into container and keep distance at all times (put down the container before trying it).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17958 on: January 09, 2014, 10:05:05 am »

((Xan assimilated several tons of sods. Because PW tends to play by the rules, I've got to assume this comes from some sort of 'collateral'. Anyone remember where the overload happened exactly? 'Cos this level of fleshmass makes me think either habitat, evac center or barracks.))
((Well, there's enough space that it could be one or any of those.
It could also just happen to be near the planet's largest population of lemmings. Or it assimilated a bunch of bacteria and bugs and stuff.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17959 on: January 09, 2014, 10:52:33 am »

((Gah! No poke! No poke poke!))
Stop poking the deceptively harmless thing. Think about ways to dig one out for future analysis. Without touching the diamonds proper, if possible.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17960 on: January 09, 2014, 11:59:56 am »

((I somehow doubt our former teammate was several hundred tons.))
((Well, "amp overload" does explain the source of so much meat. Because space magic.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17961 on: January 09, 2014, 12:01:07 pm »

((By the way, I call dibs on the corpse.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17962 on: January 09, 2014, 12:18:58 pm »

((inb4 Xan and the complex fight for control of flesh in an epic battle one can only appreciate on the cellular level))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17963 on: January 09, 2014, 02:02:46 pm »

((You forgot my action.))

Climb down the hole, following Belsiki-san since absolutely no one has explained anything to me. Joy.
From now on you're going to be riding Xan.

Because a man with a flamethrower riding a dragon through what appears to be a giant's Colon is too good of a mental image to pass up.
Keep on riding Bezliki-san.
You continue to ride the magic dragon, so to speak.

"Shit. Nobody point anything at the organs. Not a gun, not a blade, not even your finger. Everyone check in, finish what you're doing, and head back to the shaft. We found the brain, and depending on how things go, we may need to get out fast. Steve, I assume you can see this too. Any orders?"

Raise my faceplate, and engage the speakers.

"Hello? I am Morul Migrurkeshin, squad leader for this expedition. Do you have a name?"

((I would assume you are still riding Xan, and are seeing everything he is.))
A tendril grows from the wall and just sort of sits there, pointing in your direction.

((Volunteering for boarding party duty. Just saying.))

Go off along the border of the aurora zone, looking for other anomalies and rock-throwing as needed.
There's nothing directly along the edge of the aurora, except the aurora itself, of course.

Head around the acid lake and go up one of the other tunnels.
You climb one of the walls, careful to avoid the acid, and head down the nearest tunnel. It leads on for a while before coming to what seems to be some sort of organic tunneling system: a dozen pairs of jaws filled with grinding teeth and fed by muscular tentacles as the entire living contraption grinds slowly forward, eating away the stone and metal hallways and feeding the stuff into the acid.

How giant is the lump of pollen? Standard procedure: throw rocks at it, then poke it with my pick, then load it on a cart and bring it back to base.
About as big as your head.

And I've been meaning to ask: how far back do you stand when you throw rocks? If it's that far I should be doing dex rolls for hitting individual targets.

Felix looks at Morul for a second, then lowers the flamethrower.
Instead, he examines the brain - do any of the connecting pieces of flesh seem different from the others - thicker, more nerve-like, etc.

((Hopefully this is an intelligence or, even better, intuition roll. I just know it's gonna be a medical roll, though...))
They all look pretty much the same, falling into two categories of connective tissue or arteries. You're not really sure what nerves look like, but these things don't really resemble them.

((Yes. Dynamic bonus, go.))

Try to turn the glove into the gauss-rocket rifle hybrid for a few moments.

If the lack of a Joker member attached to the Rescue team comes to my attention, go remedy that.

[Will:5+1-1]
The Glove partially transforms, becoming a strange hybrid gauss-rocket hand cannon.

(No one has given you an in game call so I can only assume your character doesn't know. Though, I suppose you could give THEM a call and check up, and use that as an excuse)

T. looks around at the eyes and points his weapon to the... Floor, but decides to keep his finger near the trigger of his Namite Thrower, just in case.

Wristpad go: (In case someone didn't hear Morul for some reason)
[Teal>Biohorror Team]
L15 Tunnel = Heart & Brain
L16 Tunnel?

He looks across at Morul and gives a wave like "Where the hell did all this meat come from?".

Look around.
Big meat room
Big brain
Big heart
Wall fulla eyeballs
Guys with flame throwers
Huh. no dragon though. Wonder where he went?

Lower laser rifle, check in with Morul, examine the heart and see where the connecting arteries lead off to. Then head back to the shaft with the rest of the team

The arteries seem to lead off into the walls of ceiling; you assume they continue deeper in and don't just stop there.

Continue to observe the weird flesh-monster from the outside
You continue to sit around outside the biohorror because you are quite literally a scaredy cat.

Just try to pick a container made out of a material that is not reactive. If none seems present, try it with a glass container. Use manip to move gas into container and keep distance at all times (put down the container before trying it).
The glass container seems not to be electrocuted by the gas, but it quickly heats up to yellow hot and melts. Hmm.

((Gah! No poke! No poke poke!))
Stop poking the deceptively harmless thing. Think about ways to dig one out for future analysis. Without touching the diamonds proper, if possible.

Well, one of your teammates did have a pick ax. You could go find him. Or a laser rifle, assuming the thing won't react to high energy emissions near by.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17964 on: January 09, 2014, 02:15:34 pm »

Hmm. Concerning.

Head back out of the tunnel and up to the 15th floor, over to where the brain and heart are, using Teal's directions.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17965 on: January 09, 2014, 02:23:22 pm »

So the hole everyone is using to enter the biohorror is not closing up behind them and my worries about entrapment are for nothing?

If the hole stays exactly the same size, and there are still eyes watching me, then stay right where I am.
If the hole is very very very slowly closing or I'm not being observed, then attempt to catch up to the group while making a point of staying out of the acid. Use my claws as necessary to climb.
If the hole is closing noticeably, then do NOT move from where I am

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17966 on: January 09, 2014, 02:28:15 pm »

Call Dubley with my suit coms. Explain the situation to him and how to get here.

"Hey Dubley! I've got some samples here to excavate with your pickax and deliver to the scientists. I'm sure you'll get the credit, if applicable. To get here, go (insert directions)."

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17967 on: January 09, 2014, 02:30:55 pm »

"Uhhhh. Shit. This is gonna suck."

Step forward, and grab the tendril. Image building a wall, insulating my mind from any invading entities. In other words, charge brain against mindfuckery.

((This is gonna suuuuuuck....))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17968 on: January 09, 2014, 02:49:00 pm »

((Don't be absurd. It's more likely to simply absorb you or dunk you into acid than simply suck you in.))
Sig

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17969 on: January 09, 2014, 03:03:47 pm »

((Don't be absurd. It's more likely to simply absorb you or dunk you into acid than simply suck you in.))
((Oh, whew. I mean, that's so much more survivable.[/sarcasm]))
Pages: 1 ... 1196 1197 [1198] 1199 1200 ... 1256