Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1192 1193 [1194] 1195 1196 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945274 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #17895 on: January 06, 2014, 01:45:37 pm »

Questions! Also, grab a container and use manip to 'bend' some of the electrogas into the container. Use the container that seems most applicable, and be sure not to get to near to the gas itself; put the jar down a few meters away from it, stand back, use manip.

"Now, for a more direct issue: should i assign people to defend the Sword? Would you be prepared to assign the doc or AM to Sword defense? Or can I just assign some people to it?*

Also, how high do you deem the chance that one or more UE's slipped away, and would those still pose any significant threat? Is there a way we could smoke them out before the fleet arrives?"

((*actual question: is it ok if we explain away the braindead people as 'defending the Sword'? That way there's less actually playing people being forced to stand around to defend a gangway for a crapload of turns.))

((I really hope that Timmy Tear I gave to Alarith will actually be used by him, or some other rookie, someday, otherwise that'll have been a waste.))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 02:36:24 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17896 on: January 06, 2014, 02:26:42 pm »

((I'm sure the universe would have imploded by now if that had happened, so we should be good.))
((Most people aren't that stupid, and the ones that are wouldn't be sold to by any but the greediest and most short-sighted of entrepreneurs.))

((I really hope that Timmy Tear I gave to Alarith will actually be used by him, or some other rookie, someday, otherwise that'll have been a waste.))
((Watch one of the vets bear up Alarith for the Tear.
Thankfully, I don't think any of the vets would actually do that.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17897 on: January 06, 2014, 04:21:26 pm »

(( You may have an... interesting time trying that at the moment. Because one of the combat teams is likely standing on Alarith at the moment. Or what remains of him, anyway :P

You guys down in the basement should hurry up and make contact. I think Alarith wants to know if his character is dead yet.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17898 on: January 06, 2014, 07:49:51 pm »

(( You may have an... interesting time trying that at the moment. Because one of the combat teams is likely standing on in Alarith at the moment. Or what remains of him, anyway :P

You guys down in the basement should hurry up and make contact. I think Alarith wants to know if his character is dead yet.))
FTFY

And I'm trying. But it's kind of difficult to find the centre of the fleshy anomaly when there's two different directions you can take.

"Quit waving about, and talk, or type a message. I can't read your mind."
There's a second before his faceplate raises into his helmet, and T. gives a "I know it's harder with the suit on, but at least make an effort" gesture, or at least attempts to, as he's being pulled along by one of his arms.

((Hey, I'm giving the information. You're the one purposely not understanding whatever rudimentary, intuitive sign language T. uses.))

I believe we are going to end the life processes of the creature we are in. I will then consume its corpse.
((Also dang it Xan, the walls have ears.))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:03:48 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17899 on: January 06, 2014, 09:15:33 pm »

((Well if I piss it off and die I'll end up overloading my amp, which would kill the thing. Either way it dies.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17900 on: January 06, 2014, 09:22:39 pm »

((That's not a solution if we all die. Especially as you're not the one currently crawling around it's internals.))
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17901 on: January 06, 2014, 09:25:42 pm »

((Just treat this like a Tryanid spaceship, guys. Go for the critical points and watch your back. Oh, and never fall in the gut. Though you guys already messed that part up.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17902 on: January 06, 2014, 09:29:44 pm »

((I maintain that I jumped. And again, considering I'm in the stomach, and was previously in the intestines - Where does that mean you're all standing?))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:32:15 pm by Tack »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17903 on: January 07, 2014, 12:28:49 pm »

"This meat monster was a team mate not too long ago, or at least before an amp overload did this. Don't know his name, though." Milno points out.

Continue following. Poke the gauss rocket rifle with the glove. Try to ascertain whether my mind's capacity/energy is spent whenever the glove's power is utilized. Basically trying to discover if the glove's usage requires the expenditure of Will points.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17904 on: January 07, 2014, 01:51:44 pm »

Climb down to the 15th floor. Investigate this new tunnel.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17905 on: January 07, 2014, 05:44:00 pm »

"Was probably a bad idea in the first place."

Next anomaly, chucking rocks, stop for minor anomalies, etc..

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Next crater has...a few shards of what look like fist sized blackish gray diamonds. They're partially embedded in the ground and hurling rocks at them seems to produce no effect. Hmm.

Bah. Well, might as well follow my teammates. Might be I get to eat the brain.

Turn the tendril back into a claw while climbing down the hole. Avoid the bit covered in acid.

[will:3+1]
You return to your previous form and join the rest of the people down on the bottom floor. It's hard to walk down here; the flesh keeps gently sucking at you, trying to absorb you.

"Acid. Wonderful. You couldn't let us know this was it's stomach? Come on, let's get out of this tunnel. If I have to get digested, it'll have to work for its meal."

Grab Teal and help him out of here. Head up to the fifteenth floor.

((I'm surprised you posted Piecewise. Usually you take Sundays off. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised nonetheless.))
You grab Teal and climb up to the 15th floor. The tunnel that appeared leads off a while, but you can hear a strange thumping coming from somewhere at its end.

Stash the loot in my locker, then head back out and look for more lootable anomalies.

You can't fit it in the locker, so you put a sticky note on it with your name and "DO NOT EAT" written on it before heading back out.

Wanna stick with the group or head out on your own?
Quote from: Lyra to Biohorror team
New Tunnel Floor 15
((:3 DESU~))
Stay where I am and watch from above.

Thats more like it, Lyra-chan.

((Damnit. I thought I was down there with them. Lets try this again))

Head on down the hole to the rest of the team. When down there, turn on loudspeakers and speak to the biohorror 

Hello? Is anyone besides my current teammates down here?
The only reply is a gurgling noise, thumping of organs and sloshing of acid.

Climb down the hole, following Belsiki-san since absolutely no one has explained anything to me. Joy.
From now on you're going to be riding Xan.

Because a man with a flamethrower riding a dragon through what appears to be a giant's Colon is too good of a mental image to pass up.

((So I'm trying to make a list of all the highly dangerous and anolamous items/persons we have, but I can't find them all.))
((Tear-wish, pill-machine, AM, Doctor, Steve, Xan/Bezliki-san))
((That's all I can find right now. Anyone else have the others?))
You might be better of listing the things that WON'T kill you. Because on this ship we have:

A Doctor who kicks people to death
A man in a symbiotic relationship with alien bacteria
A Robot Samurai
A man who resembles a hindu god with massive psychic powers
The thing
A man with a head full of the ghosts of old team members
A drunk sniper
A robot with the Vector Cannon
Etc.

Questions! Also, grab a container and use manip to 'bend' some of the electrogas into the container. Use the container that seems most applicable, and be sure not to get to near to the gas itself; put the jar down a few meters away from it, stand back, use manip.

"Now, for a more direct issue: should i assign people to defend the Sword? Would you be prepared to assign the doc or AM to Sword defense? Or can I just assign some people to it?*

Also, how high do you deem the chance that one or more UE's slipped away, and would those still pose any significant threat? Is there a way we could smoke them out before the fleet arrives?"

((*actual question: is it ok if we explain away the braindead people as 'defending the Sword'? That way there's less actually playing people being forced to stand around to defend a gangway for a crapload of turns.))

>In this case, I'll let the Doctor defend the sword. Although, that is a bit dangerous. We're gonna have to instate a quarantine of the area around the ship.

>Hard to say. Keep a close eye on anyone you pick up. But if they're out there, they won't survive well on their own. This is a harsh planet, they'll either go out and probably die out in the wilderness or try to sneak back into this inhabited area. Be careful and stay on guard and we should be fine.

"This meat monster was a team mate not too long ago, or at least before an amp overload did this. Don't know his name, though." Milno points out.

Continue following. Poke the gauss rocket rifle with the glove. Try to ascertain whether my mind's capacity/energy is spent whenever the glove's power is utilized. Basically trying to discover if the glove's usage requires the expenditure of Will points.

[will:6+1]
You touch the rifle. The gauntlet unfolds into a massive number of mechanical limbs and moving parts and pieces and subsumes the rifle, pulling it from your hands. After a few seconds the gauntlet shrinks back to normal size. The rifle is gone.

Climb down to the 15th floor. Investigate this new tunnel.
You climb down and join Morul in looking down a dark, fleshy tube with questions about if you should boldly penetrate it or limply remain behind.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17906 on: January 07, 2014, 05:53:24 pm »

I'll head out on my own. Keep looking for more lootable anomalies.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17907 on: January 07, 2014, 05:57:55 pm »

((I thought about posting an action/s for Jobasio, but then I realised I have no idea which thread I'm meant to post in anymore. O_O))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17908 on: January 07, 2014, 06:01:43 pm »

Milno doesn't even blink as his bizarre, probably mildly self-aware glove decides one of few actual weapons appears to be a delicious snack. "Alien tech." he flatly states. Boon and doom, both in a single package.

Since he has already screwed up in a way... Why not try something new?

Spend a turn concentrating on the glove's powers, trying to visualize the gauss-rocket hybrid rifle with the intention of making the glove "turn" into it for a few minutes.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 09:52:35 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17909 on: January 07, 2014, 06:09:22 pm »

((I thought about posting an action/s for Jobasio, but then I realised I have no idea which thread I'm meant to post in anymore. O_O))
((Here, the Repair and Rescue thread. I'd recommend asking Steve for advice if you don't know what to do. We are just cleaning up after mission 11.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 1192 1193 [1194] 1195 1196 ... 1256