Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945473 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #17820 on: January 04, 2014, 04:47:22 am »

Chill.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17821 on: January 04, 2014, 10:27:05 am »

Continue previous action.

Keep an eye on Xan and the tendril-creature. If the tendril-creature becomes hostile, burn it to ash.
If Xan becomes hostile, spray both him and the tendril-creature with the flamethrower while backing away, then if Xan is unaffected use my amp to attempt to freeze a sphere 30cm (~1 foot) in diameter, centered on Xan's head.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17822 on: January 04, 2014, 10:55:25 am »

"We're gonna need a bigger wall to seal of that. And don't touch it."

Gently try to heat a 1-foot sphere of air and "aurora" as high up as possible.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17823 on: January 04, 2014, 05:42:41 pm »

"Let's give Xan a shot before doing anything drastic."

Dynamic bonus on flamethrower usage.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17824 on: January 04, 2014, 06:38:30 pm »

Try to fuse my tendril with its. If it works, test if I can mentally communicate with it by sending a feeling of inquiry towards it.
The Tendril recedes back into the flesh and vanishes before you can merge with it. Drat.

"Okay, so far so good. Just gotta watch you don't step on an eyeball or something."

Check how many floors are left, then head a little further into the hallway I'm in, staying within sight of the shaft.

((Next up in a long series of horrible ideas...))
Floors down...Eh...maybe 3 or 4? Hard to tell. Gets kinda squishy down there.

You walk off into the hallway a bit and come across what look like cilia on the walls. They wave like seaweed underwater.

Standard anomaly protocol:
Throw rock at it, if safe then poke it with the pickax, if safe then stick hand in.

You throw a rock. The distortion splashes and ripples outward like the surface of a pond. Uh...not sure if that counts as safe or not...because the rock vanished.

"Careful with that anomaly, Miya. It has a tendency to give you brain aneurisms, whatever those are, even if you're a robot. Thanks, Doc!"

Head back out, see if there are any areas not currently being explored that need to be. Bring the terrain marking gear and sample containers, while collecting new recruits as needed and teaching them about the rock-throwing methodology of anomaly exploring. Bring diagrams and charts if needed to teach.

Diagrams and charts? New recruits?

You opening up Denzel's astrobastard accredited training course for how to throw rocks at scary shit?

Yeah, we'll say you get tossed back out there with the rest of the group currently attempting to decipher the aurora.

"Careful with that anomaly, Miya. It has a tendency to give you brain aneurisms, whatever those are, even if you're a robot. Thanks, Doc!"
Head back out, see if there are any areas not currently being explored that need to be. Collect new recruits as needed and teach them about the rock-throwing methodology.

"Duly noted. "

((By the way, could you perhaps add to your action taking the terrain marking tools and containers with you? So we don't have to waste time getting them later on.))

Gently drop the artifact tp the ground again, be sure to keep distance. Wait a while, then move closet to see if the nausea-zone has returned. If yes, back down immediately and lift it up again with the manip. Also, conversin' with the Big Brain.

>Well, we're going to upgrade this place and expand it's production capacities. As it is though, it's hard to explain; since it's not like we can focus every machine on this planet towards one goal, so no single project can show its true might. Though, I would say that, if we wanted too, we could build an exact duplicate of the Sword in maybe two months.
"Wow, that is indeed nothing to scoff at. We're gonna need it, but I feel our chances of winning this just went up a good bit. Now it's only improbable instead of impossible, heh."

>Depends on how simus feels about sods. She may have better ideas.
"Hmm, that makes me wonder: what ever came of that data we collected in mission 7? Did we ever gained something usable out of that?

Now, say that this defense goes as planned, what's the next step? Will we start taking more planets, or are there other issues we'll be dealing with first? "

Thats a yes for the poking the ground test. Big pillar of swirling black discomfort.

>7 was the one with the robots right? Your first, if I remember correctly. Yes, we got some stuff out of that. Namely some AI and robotics enhancements that we haven't used yet.

We're gonna sway planets to our side more then "take them" as well as doing other things. There are still alien things to get, artifacts to gather to improve our chances. Men who need killing too. 

Milno glove-pokes his own MkIII. Unless his aforementioned talents are needed.
[will:3+1]

AAHHHOWWWW ugh. Nothing you didn't already know. Well, you didn't know exactly how that catheter system worked, but you didn't really want to either.

((More like feed ourselves to the thing.))

You climb down to the 15th floor. The flesh here is so thick that you can't even distinguish the walls or underlying structures anymore; it's like you're in a 3d simulation of a colonoscopy.
You hurl a granola bar into the flesh, but it seems less then interested.
Um...

Into the belly of the beast!
You Promptly turn around and leap down the hole, falling several stories before landing in a fleshy mass of what appears to be intestinal tissue and stomach acid at the bottom of the hole. Around you are slowly beating, throbbing and churning organs and arteries that crisscross the room and hang from the ceiling to floor like vines. Your boots seem to be dissolving in the acid.

clamber back up to the 12th floor and look/sniff around for signs that the fleshweb is encircling us from outside our field of view. If I don't notice anything then wander around up there in outwards-growing spirals looking around.
Nothing on the 12 floor, at least not as far as you feel safe going on your own. Seems to be contained below.

Chill.
Continue previous action.

Keep an eye on Xan and the tendril-creature. If the tendril-creature becomes hostile, burn it to ash.
If Xan becomes hostile, spray both him and the tendril-creature with the flamethrower while backing away, then if Xan is unaffected use my amp to attempt to freeze a sphere 30cm (~1 foot) in diameter, centered on Xan's head.
"Let's give Xan a shot before doing anything drastic."

Dynamic bonus on flamethrower usage.
Chilling and preparing to start grilling

"We're gonna need a bigger wall to seal of that. And don't touch it."

Gently try to heat a 1-foot sphere of air and "aurora" as high up as possible.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
[exo:1+1]
You strain for several minutes before farting and feeling embarrassed.

FOLLOW HIM IN! COME ON YOU APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?!

Yeah, These side missions should end soon. They weren't meant to last very long anyways. They're just in universe ways of dealing with all your various fuckups as a group.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17825 on: January 04, 2014, 06:52:51 pm »

Extend tendril, fuse the tip of it with the flesh.

((I'M GOING TO NEGOTIATE WITH THIS THING OR I WILL EAT IT, BY TALOS))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17826 on: January 04, 2014, 06:57:40 pm »

You Promptly turn around and leap down the hole, falling several stories before landing in a fleshy mass of what appears to be intestinal tissue and stomach acid at the bottom of the hole. Around you are slowly beating, throbbing and churning organs and arteries that crisscross the room and hang from the ceiling to floor like vines. Your boots seem to be dissolving in the acid.

FOLLOW HIM IN! COME ON YOU APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?!

Teal gives a "Stop it, I need those" foot-bump, before climbing up to a less acidic area.

Let's take a look around at this fleshy wonderland.

((So if this is our biohorror, and it's essentially a nonharmful... sitting... thing... What do we do? Our only two options currently are leave it be or asplode it.
Or plan C, we get someone quick like Milno to fry the heart(s) and jet out of there.))

((Also in case it needs to be said, if... Jeffrey here actively impedes my progress out of his acid zone in any way, begin with the namite thrower and much shout.))
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 08:20:07 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17827 on: January 04, 2014, 07:17:49 pm »

Commence mining operation to recover the fiery golden rebar. Mine a chunk of ground containing the firebar and it's forcefield, load it on a cart and bring it to base.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17828 on: January 04, 2014, 07:25:32 pm »

((Called it!))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17829 on: January 04, 2014, 08:12:19 pm »

((When I said "Into the belly of the beast", I was making a 'clever' pun. So I think we all called it. Due to the 'It looks like you're in a colon'.))

((I'd make another pun about where exactly that means you're standing, but I think the full realization will be hitting you soon enough.))
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 08:28:16 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17830 on: January 04, 2014, 08:15:31 pm »

Uh...not sure if that counts as safe or not...because the rock vanished.
(("Survey says...*ding* No!"
Maybe doing Who Wants to Be a Millionaire would have worked better, but I don't know the audience-surveying line.))

>There are still alien things to get, artifacts to gather to improve our chances. Men who need killing too.
((That's...comforting?))

((More like feed ourselves to the thing.))

((That was typical.))

((Called it!))
((Same, more or less.))

((So if this is our biohorror, and it's essentially a nonharmful... sitting... thing... What do we do?
((I'd call it pretty harmful. It just needs to be contained.
Or asploded, I guess.))

((Yes? When I said "Into the belly of the beast", I was making a clever pun.))
((And it was very accurate.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17831 on: January 04, 2014, 08:42:37 pm »

"Hrmm. Hey, Milno, you know your way around here right? Think you could get us heading towards ground zero?"

Rope down to the bottom of the shaft, and examine the surroundings.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 08:49:05 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17832 on: January 04, 2014, 08:44:03 pm »

[color=00cc00]"Hrmm. Hey, Milno, you know your way around here right? Think you could get us heading towards ground zero?"[/color]

Rope down to the bottom of the shaft, and examine the surroundings.
((I would be willing to help Teal if needed. He's carrying experimental weaponry, after all.

Just a suggestion.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17833 on: January 04, 2014, 08:55:55 pm »

((So, just out of curiosity, has anyone tried, just...ya know...talking to it?))

Turn on loudspeakers on suit and say the following:

Hello? Is anyone and/or thing down here?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17834 on: January 05, 2014, 02:09:12 am »

"Don't think my memory will help us. This place's really fucked up." Milno answers as he takes a peek down the hole one of the members jumped down - in true HMRC fashion - to check whether he's dying, dead, or about to die. "No matter what we're named, acting like brain-damaged lemmings is still our forte."

Save Teal from death by acid unless he gets to be safe before my help's needed.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 ... 1256