Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 [1188] 1189 1190 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945472 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #17805 on: January 03, 2014, 04:41:33 pm »

"Careful with that anomaly, Miya. It has a tendency to give you brain aneurisms, whatever those are, even if you're a robot. Thanks, Doc!"
Head back out, see if there are any areas not currently being explored that need to be. Collect new recruits as needed and teach them about the rock-throwing methodology.

"Duly noted. "

((By the way, could you perhaps add to your action taking the terrain marking tools and containers with you? So we don't have to waste time getting them later on.))

Gently drop the artifact tp the ground again, be sure to keep distance. Wait a while, then move closet to see if the nausea-zone has returned. If yes, back down immediately and lift it up again with the manip. Also, conversin' with the Big Brain.

>Well, we're going to upgrade this place and expand it's production capacities. As it is though, it's hard to explain; since it's not like we can focus every machine on this planet towards one goal, so no single project can show its true might. Though, I would say that, if we wanted too, we could build an exact duplicate of the Sword in maybe two months.
"Wow, that is indeed nothing to scoff at. We're gonna need it, but I feel our chances of winning this just went up a good bit. Now it's only improbable instead of impossible, heh."

>Depends on how simus feels about sods. She may have better ideas.
"Hmm, that makes me wonder: what ever came of that data we collected in mission 7? Did we ever gained something usable out of that?

Now, say that this defense goes as planned, what's the next step? Will we start taking more planets, or are there other issues we'll be dealing with first? "

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17806 on: January 03, 2014, 05:52:44 pm »

Milno glove-pokes his own MkIII. Unless his aforementioned talents are needed.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17807 on: January 03, 2014, 06:49:47 pm »

Edited action.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17808 on: January 03, 2014, 08:00:20 pm »

((I love how we're supposed to be a kill team, but we're trying to make friends with this thing.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17809 on: January 03, 2014, 08:04:56 pm »

((More like feed ourselves to the thing.))

You climb down to the 15th floor. The flesh here is so thick that you can't even distinguish the walls or underlying structures anymore; it's like you're in a 3d simulation of a colonoscopy.
You hurl a granola bar into the flesh, but it seems less then interested.
Um...

Into the belly of the beast!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:07:47 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17810 on: January 03, 2014, 09:32:00 pm »

clamber back up to the 12th floor and look/sniff around for signs that the fleshweb is encircling us from outside our field of view. If I don't notice anything then wander around up there in outwards-growing spirals looking around.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17811 on: January 03, 2014, 09:45:47 pm »

Um...

((Dude. Just...you're really asking for it, you know?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17812 on: January 03, 2014, 10:07:49 pm »

Um...

((Don't you want to see how Piecewise interprets it, though?))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17813 on: January 04, 2014, 12:02:37 am »

Um...
((Yes, but only because it isn't my character.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17814 on: January 04, 2014, 12:04:40 am »

((I feel that Piecewise wants progression as much as the rest of us, and walking on it doesn't seem to hurt/anger it. So with our three options be sit and wait for Piecewise to give us a 'hurry up', start burning the (now revealed to be massive) thing, or continuing forwards through it - I'm taking the (debatably) smartest option. And IF it eats/assimilates me, well then I guess that gives everyone else a good reason to do option B.))

(This barring any of the many, many unpredictable things that could happen from Xan trying to interface with it. I don't want to be deep inside it when he rolls a one and decides to impale it with electrodes.)
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17815 on: January 04, 2014, 01:03:13 am »

((The worst I'll roll for Will is a 2, though.
But who knows, I may be able to pull a diplomacy and get it to retreat. That or eat it.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17816 on: January 04, 2014, 01:44:20 am »

Um...
((Yes, but only because it isn't my character.))

((I bet that if Xan rolls badly or something happens to annoy it, PW takes your action literally, Tack.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17817 on: January 04, 2014, 01:46:45 am »

((Agent Kay style, no doubt.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17818 on: January 04, 2014, 03:31:26 am »

((or eat it.))
((I'm just hoping that our resident Twitcy McTriggerfingers doesn't flame you. That would harm our inter-team camaraderie slightly.

However if you did get it to retreat, that would be hilarious. "Yeah, we are now in charge of this world, but don't worry about it, go back to work, we're the good guys.
Also there's a fleshy monstrosity the size of a small building currently crawling around your tunnel systems. But don't worry, it's friendly"))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17819 on: January 04, 2014, 04:43:50 am »

((At this point, the creature IS the tunnel system around here.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 [1188] 1189 1190 ... 1256