Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1185 1186 [1187] 1188 1189 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945482 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #17790 on: January 03, 2014, 01:05:54 am »

((That'd be a speech roll. See what Charles did to Mesk.
And all the other times he overshot before he got a decomp, really.))
((Without a mouth no less.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17791 on: January 03, 2014, 01:07:12 am »

((...holographic wing-wangery?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17792 on: January 03, 2014, 01:08:25 am »

((I have no idea. I'm just thankful that it got retconned (since he had a decomp) before we found out why Mesk had to take a will roll.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17793 on: January 03, 2014, 01:26:50 am »

((The eyes are on the fourteenth floor. And that floor was stated to be entirely covered in at least an inch of mucusy flesh. Gonna take more than some eyes and a tendril to get rid of all of that.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17794 on: January 03, 2014, 01:36:33 am »

((That said, any predictions on how this'll go?))
Sig! Onol

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17795 on: January 03, 2014, 01:47:09 am »

((The only way it can. Gloriously.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17796 on: January 03, 2014, 01:53:53 am »

((Indeed, this'll go well.))
Sig! Onol

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17797 on: January 03, 2014, 12:30:53 pm »

"Maybe we could get a cart from base, and undermine the firebar? Dig a tunnel under it then just take a big chunk of rock containing it back to base."
Gorat glares at Dubley.
"Or not. Lead the way."
Look for more anomalies.
Gorat glares at Dubley, not.
"That's a possibility for later. For now, we'll keep exploring."

Keep going for the aurora, being mindful for other anomalies, chucking rocks.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17798 on: January 03, 2014, 02:35:05 pm »

Keep an eye on Bizliki-san.

((I think it likes you Xantalos!))
You mix languages in a way that I'm sure would enrage a linguist somewhere.

OHHHHH GAMER-SAN

Reciprocate carefully.
You wiggle your dangly bits and intertwine them with it's dangly bits.

The tendril reaches out and wraps itself around Xan's, swaying up and down in a serpentine fashion.
((Reminds me of a particular scene from Splice. I wonder if this will have the same outcome...))

Questions for Steve. If Denzel can't get to the infirmary himself, carry him there. Check if there is still a zone of nausea around the artifact, but leave it where it is for the time being.

"Hey Denzel, if you're not feeling well, take a break and go see the doc, he'll patch you up. Oh, and on your way back, could you take whatever Steve gives you back with you? Thanks.

Hey Steve,we've got something peculiar over here. Want me to bring it in, or just dump it somewhere? And if you want us to bring it, could you prepare a bunch of sturdy containers for them? Oh, and something to mark the anomalous zones would be nice to. Some tape or whatever you have lying around. I've got a man coming in who's not feeling well, he can bring them back."

and I'm going to manufacture some robot defenders for when the time comes.
((Here's hoping they'll be based on the murderbots from mission 7. It'll be nice to have them fighting on our side instead of against us.
This is true, but thats where phase 2 of the plan comes in. The part where we forcibly board the orbiting ships and make them our own. I've got the guys in R&D working on some boarding craft that use the energy absorbing properties of that Sand from the Samsonite Abyss to shield themselves from laser fire, which is what their point defense systems use. It shouldn't be too hard once you guys get on board, they're gonna expend the majority of their forces trying to take the planet, after all.

Oh and those jump points, yeah, they'll probably try to blockade the important ones. But there are ways around that. You'll see.
"A boarding action? My my, aren't we the bold one. Normally I'd argue against such a move, but if you're certain those ships can get to them safely, then I'm ok with it. Lord knows we could use the extra ships.
And I'd ask what's with the jump points, but I'm sure you'll tell us when the time comes.

Now, could you tell me something more about the industrial capabilities of this planet? I know it'll be decent, but what kind of magnitude are we talking here? Also, those sods, are you also going to grow commanders for them, or how do you plan on using them? And do you have any idea on the tactics and strategies that the UWM would use to retake a planet like this one? For example, once they've made planetfall, what will they be going for first?"

>First, see if that effect it has will reemerge if it touches something again. If so, we're gonna need a special container to keep it suppressed.

>Well, we're going to upgrade this place and expand it's production capacities. As it is though, it's hard to explain; since it's not like we can focus every machine on this planet towards one goal, so no single project can show its true might. Though, I would say that, if we wanted too, we could build an exact duplicate of the Sword in maybe two months.

>Depends on how simus feels about sods. She may have better ideas.

>It's difficult to say; there are several places of strategic importance they might try to take or destroy. They might try to destroy the batteries to let more troops land. They might try to sever connections to the defenses, they might try to attack the sword, or the admin building control room. Depends on where they think control is being administrated from.

Teal stares at the strange dance of the species going on.
And then shrugs.

He looks over at the team with a "Guess we're not killing it for now, but can we walk on it without causing it damage?" shoulder roll.

Find a way to Floor 15. Also toss it that ration bar I happen to totally have in my pocket right now.
You climb down to the 15th floor. The flesh here is so thick that you can't even distinguish the walls or underlying structures anymore; it's like you're in a 3d simulation of a colonoscopy.

You hurl a granola bar into the flesh, but it seems less then interested.

"Maybe we could get a cart from base, and undermine the firebar? Dig a tunnel under it then just take a big chunk of rock containing it back to base."
Gorat glares at Dubley.
"Or not. Lead the way."
Look for more anomalies.
You go catch up with gorat, since he seems to have found a large field of strange crap.

Burn excessively. What a lovely action that is.

((Hehe. Felix is extremely paranoid and prone to violence when it comes to non-human organics. The only reason he hasn't already emptied the flamethrower's fuel tank is because he's also disciplined and Morul gave a direct order.))

Keep an eye on Xan and the tendril-creature. If the tendril-creature becomes hostile, burn it to ash.
If Xan becomes hostile, spray both him and the tendril-creature with the flamethrower while backing away, then if Xan is unaffected use my amp to attempt to freeze a sphere 30cm (~1 foot) in diameter, centered on Xan's head.

If creature becomes hostile, Then burn to ash

If Xan becomes Hostile, Then burn to ash

If Xan and creature fall in love, Then burn to ash

10 420 Blaze Xenos Erry Day

20 GOTO 10

"Hrmmmm. It seems I was correct about Xan. Lets see if that extends to us. Cover me."

Lower myself down to the fourteenth floor, and examine the flesh where the laser cut. Is it cauterized? Test putting pressure on the meat moss. If it seems like I hurt it, take the pressure off.

((Next up in a long list of hilariously bad ideas...))

The cut seems to have healed itself already, so you're not entirely sure how the laser effected it. As per pressure, the weight of you standing on it doesn't seem to bother it, so thats something.

How am I feeling? is the blurriness still present? If so, head back to check in with the Doc, accepting Miyamoto's help if needed. Otherwise, continue rock-throwing and exploring.

Yeah, we're just gonna have you head back to the ship, since you've got a brain aneurism brewing there. We'll say that the doc drains your extra brain blood and you can head back out next turn.

Get ready to dodge.
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE!

Gorat glares at Dubley.
"Or not. Lead the way."
Look for more anomalies.
Gorat glares at Dubley, not.
"That's a possibility for later. For now, we'll keep exploring."

Keep going for the aurora, being mindful for other anomalies, chucking rocks.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Well you just keep walking, ignoring the weird shit littered around you like transdimensional debris.

As you move toward the aurora you see that there's something strange going on in the air in front of you. The aurora appears to extend all the way down to the ground, and in fact has a hard border, that appears something like the surface of a lake, except extending vertically upwards.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17799 on: January 03, 2014, 02:44:41 pm »

Try to fuse my tendril with its. If it works, test if I can mentally communicate with it by sending a feeling of inquiry towards it.
Sig! Onol

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17800 on: January 03, 2014, 03:30:14 pm »

"Okay, so far so good. Just gotta watch you don't step on an eyeball or something."

Check how many floors are left, then head a little further into the hallway I'm in, staying within sight of the shaft.

((Next up in a long series of horrible ideas...))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17801 on: January 03, 2014, 03:49:10 pm »

((@Xan is gong to try and use his high Will to take over and assimilate it, isn't he?))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17802 on: January 03, 2014, 03:56:51 pm »

Standard anomaly protocol:
Throw rock at it, if safe then poke it with the pickax, if safe then stick hand in.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17803 on: January 03, 2014, 04:14:27 pm »

"Careful with that anomaly, Miya. It has a tendency to give you brain aneurisms, whatever those are, even if you're a robot. Thanks, Doc!"

Head back out, see if there are any areas not currently being explored that need to be. Bring the terrain marking gear and sample containers, while collecting new recruits as needed and teaching them about the rock-throwing methodology of anomaly exploring. Bring diagrams and charts if needed to teach.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:49:32 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17804 on: January 03, 2014, 04:33:27 pm »

((@Xan is gong to try and use his high Will to take over and assimilate it, isn't he?))
((Only if it turns hostile.))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 1185 1186 [1187] 1188 1189 ... 1256