Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 [1163] 1164 1165 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941834 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: BFEL LOVES CHILD CREAM!
« Reply #17430 on: November 25, 2013, 12:03:30 pm »

((So...Grate's down for good?
Could someone grab one of his corpses?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17431 on: November 25, 2013, 12:10:35 pm »

continue walking towards the source of "nopes", anything that scary has GOT to have good loot.

be momentarily confused by the identical grates, become irritated that there is no real loot here and take both bodies as compensation.

head back to the sword.

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17432 on: November 25, 2013, 12:13:52 pm »

((Why just one corpse?

Also, the implications we are getting of something beyond our comprehension are starting to mount.  What, exactly, does Steve know that he's not telling us?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17433 on: November 25, 2013, 12:17:45 pm »

((I don't see anything in that first link. But yeah, there's something.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17434 on: November 25, 2013, 12:19:27 pm »

((It's the first of three in that chain- the entity that is speaking the rest to Lars.  It meshes with what Grate has said- something of a far-transhuman entity that has become galactic in scale and power.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17435 on: November 25, 2013, 12:20:54 pm »

((i DON'T SEE ANYTHING LIKE THAT. dID YOU LINK THE RIGHT THING?))
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Slash and Burn
« Reply #17436 on: November 25, 2013, 12:23:50 pm »

Lars dreams of the gods.

Dream of the gods.
Something is looking at you through a haze of stardust and flame. Something with eyes made of emerald and waves of gravity distortions that breathes a haze of shattering physics equations. Huh.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17437 on: November 25, 2013, 12:24:51 pm »

((He said Grate fell over, he didn't say he's dead.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17438 on: November 25, 2013, 12:26:32 pm »

((Regardless of his vital statistics the little twerps still going in my backpack.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17439 on: November 25, 2013, 12:27:26 pm »

((Regardless of his vital statistics the little twerps still going in my backpack.))
Eh, works for me, was planning to carry him back anyway, since I'm not sure hes dead.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17440 on: November 25, 2013, 12:29:48 pm »

((It's probably just a regular old Space Cthulhu.

Or a stylized reference stand-in (there's an English word I'm missing here) for the GM.))

"Okay then. Thanks."

Disentangle self from IV, unless it's important, and get up. Wander past the Rec Room, look longingly at the VR machines, but ultimately decide against it. Go to the barracks, away from masses of people if possible, and try to rest the body by working the mind.

First order of business, take the two remaining drones and hook them up with the same line-of-sight extension program I cludged together before, but try and do a better job this time. Make it part of the OS itself, and alter it so that it can be set relative to any radio source - i.e. so that amp users can put the feed in their helmetcam and have accurate targeting relative to their head.

Then work on the modified drone OS using the datapad. It's been very uncooperative, so look through the code for potential conflicts, and try to make it less specialized so that it can be easier applied to standard drones and scout eyes.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 12:32:28 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17441 on: November 25, 2013, 12:29:50 pm »

ask what exactly had to be done to fix me. Did they just regrow the organs? Or did they do something else? After answer, go check on rocket bike.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17442 on: November 25, 2013, 12:32:28 pm »

Or a stylized reference stand-in (there's an English word I'm missing here) for the GM.))

((Cameo?))

Check status of medical treatment.  See if the team is ready for debrief yet if free to go.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17443 on: November 25, 2013, 12:33:39 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING walks back with the rest of the group, when he gets back to the Sword, see to it that at least one Quantum Grate ends up breathing (whether by them not being dead or by taking one to the doctor) and inform his "family" of that fact.
Then I guess start loading up crates.

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17444 on: November 25, 2013, 12:34:23 pm »

((Cameo?))

Check status of medical treatment.  See if the team is ready for debrief yet if free to go.
((I think he's referring to the phrase Expy))

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 [1163] 1164 1165 ... 1256