Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1156 1157 [1158] 1159 1160 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942983 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Thor
« Reply #17355 on: November 23, 2013, 01:36:46 pm »

((Um. Is Grate ever going to return to sufficient normalcy for me to control him again, or should I just make a new character?))

((I seriously doubt that the figure that we're seeing is actually Grate in any way other than appearance. Because now there's two psuedo-Grates.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17356 on: November 23, 2013, 01:39:36 pm »

((I can hope. And as long as I have hope, I'm not likely to make a new character, just in case Grate gets better somehow. Which is why I'm trying to get that hope crushed so I can rejoin.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17357 on: November 23, 2013, 01:46:17 pm »

((I can hope. And as long as I have hope, I'm not likely to make a new character, just in case Grate gets better somehow. Which is why I'm trying to get that hope crushed so I can rejoin.))

(( I'm going to go with PW's cryptic message about this. 'Just wait.' He's got something planned out, though he's going to be a tease and make us wait until Monday to find out what XD
In the mean time, you can always start making a new character if you have the time to consider it :P ))

Skylar checks the team's feeds as he flies over.

Uhhh.... Steve? Are you seeing this? Do you have any idea what we're looking at?

Continue flying, land near the amp team *well away* from the Quantum Anomaly Formerly Known as Grate

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17358 on: November 23, 2013, 01:47:14 pm »

((Well, apparently Grate is some sort of horrific cross between a creepy child and an exaggerated Schrodinger's cat.))
Charles continues preparing a dynamic bonus.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17359 on: November 23, 2013, 01:59:51 pm »

"Hrmmm. I don't suppose running would help much at this point. Okay creepy child thing, what are the echoes saying?"

Listen to the creepy child thing, and prepare myself to enter the void if the creepy child thing becomes aggressive.

((I have unerring aim when shooting at teammates.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17360 on: November 23, 2013, 02:02:34 pm »

((The Grate we're seeing now is "suffering" from quantum immortality. This will likely continue until he delivers the message he's speaking out in full and then he'll either return to relative normalcy (with a hidden timer till spontaneous existence failure or somesuch), or he'll just cease to exist/live.

Or maybe he keeps that quantum immortality as a power, but at a cost similar to what Morul had with the goggles/voidsuit.
Would be oddly fitting. Lyra and Grate. One is a cat, the other literally has nine lives.))

Anton puts the pad away and covers his face with his hands.

"Ugh... I think I'm allergic to these painkillers... I'm hallucinating physical impossibilites."

Remain where I am. Keep recovering. Query the nearest nurse as to how long I'll be out of commission, and if there's any way to speed up the process.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17361 on: November 23, 2013, 02:09:47 pm »

Go to the armoury master. Ask for one bottle of each alcohol. And some rags, and a lighter.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17362 on: November 23, 2013, 02:29:21 pm »

"Hello? Armory Master? Do you have any idea how to deal with the stuff that's happening out there with that Hawking guy?"

Have stayed behind at the sword, see the AM. Show her the video feeds if needed.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #17363 on: November 23, 2013, 05:00:07 pm »

Keep watching.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17364 on: November 23, 2013, 05:08:23 pm »

Grow a mouth and lungs to speak with.

Armory Master, do you happen to have an adjustable statue of a human that I could experiment wrapping myself around?

((He be asking for a mannequin.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17365 on: November 23, 2013, 05:39:29 pm »

Okay, I came expecting to retrieve crushed remains, not some weird anomaly of the deceased. If you guys want to keep hanging around with it, fine, but I'm out.

Nope! Back to the Sword with me.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17366 on: November 23, 2013, 06:03:07 pm »

"Don't wanna be hurt by fire eh? Well, we can't give you complete immunity to heat, but a robot body would make you more resistant to it. Sound good?"

Teal continues to stare up at Maurice as though to say "Oh Sure, you can't maniacally push the boundaries of the human body and reality itself when it comes to MY unreasonable dreams".
But twitches a hand in what could only be seen as a handwave denial. There was too few humans on this ship of Robots and Altered, and after spending two years in a place where scars were currency, he felt that he had a responsibility to make an irresponsible decision.

Be all you can be!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 07:45:02 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #17367 on: November 23, 2013, 06:53:20 pm »

"Anything else?, also I never knew that the HMRC was so cushy"
perform more tasks
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Creamy Child Center
« Reply #17368 on: November 23, 2013, 07:01:44 pm »

((Well done STEPHEN HAWKING. You just broke reality. Now, what do you have to say for yourself?))

STEPHEN HAWKING calmly lets the boy finish his speech.

((Also all I can imagine about Grate right now:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(will make more sense if you've seen Hellsing Ultimate :P

Also also: I really hope GWG gets Grate back. He'll have gone from the most useless to the most invincible all because of my awesome.

AND WHERE THE HELL IS MY CREAMY CHILD CENTER TITLE PIECEWISE?))
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:04:56 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Creamy Child Center
« Reply #17369 on: November 23, 2013, 07:13:58 pm »

((Well done STEPHEN HAWKING. You just broke reality. Now, what do you have to say for yourself?))

STEPHEN HAWKING calmly lets the boy finish his speech.

((Also all I can imagine about Grate right now:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(will make more sense if you've seen Hellsing Ultimate :P

Also also: I really hope GWG gets Grate back. He'll have gone from the most useless to the most invincible all because of my awesome.

AND WHERE THE HELL IS MY CREAMY CHILD CENTER TITLE PIECEWISE?))
Done and done~
Pages: 1 ... 1156 1157 [1158] 1159 1160 ... 1256