Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943156 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Slash and Burn
« Reply #16590 on: October 22, 2013, 09:10:30 am »

((You remember you don't actually HAVE to use the stairwell, right?))

"I understand. I'll stop distracting you then. Good luck, stay safe."

Wish Steve good luck. Continue guard duty.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:40:10 am by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16591 on: October 22, 2013, 10:27:42 am »

((If those cameras are indeed for an amp user, then we'll have a bigger chance of survival if all three of us make an action out of shooting them. More dice 'n all that. Amps also bypass armor, so Miya isn't really at an advantage here. And I think if the cameras were indeed for amp users, then pw would've rolled for it previous turn, when we first saw them. Still, better safe than sorry I guess.
Shoot cameras with short pulse of laser...
((This reminds me of a Shadowrun sourcebook where it was mentioned that some facilities used fiber-optic cables and magicians so that the mages could screw over intruders while safely sitting a hundred meters away in a control room, sipping coffee. It was suggested that shadowrunners try counteracting this by firing a laser sight--or, if they want to really screw up the mage and have nuyen to burn, an Ares MP laser.
So I hope that the cameras include little fiber-optic cables.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16592 on: October 22, 2013, 04:20:22 pm »

Jim types
Code: [Select]
>Connect Cag 021 Fiberas commanded.

"Here's to this working," Jim muttered as he pressed the last button.
You press 'enter' and the screen begins scrolling with an unintelligible scrawl of thousands of lines of code a second.

>Good. Now then, I'm going to handle this. Does anyone have anything they need handled before I go quiet for a few minutes?

Lars bows again in the general direction of Steve.  "Your glorious divinity is manifold in its manifestations.  How can I understand them more?  Please, bless me with your knowledge!"

>Ever considered a Linux class?

((You remember you don't actually HAVE to use the stairwell, right?))

"I understand. I'll stop distracting you then. Good luck, stay safe."

Wish Steve good luck. Continue guard duty.
Dum-dee dum.

Upon noticing the cameras, Bishop's eyes widened in horror. "Look out! CAMERAS! AMPS!!!"

Once my companion is done frying the cameras, pull him back with myself around the corner, take cover, and let Miyamoto trigger the bombs himself. Check rocket fuel and ammo levels.

Dive as fast as I can behind the corner with my fleshy teammate NOW! Stay low, keep well away from the corner, and stay out of sight of the cameras until Miyamoto deals with them! Keep an eye on my less metal teammate incase he gets taken over or starts showing signs, and make sure to tell my team and Steve if I'm getting mindraped.

((OH GOD! I just realised what a horrible mistake I made! Those cameras are for Amp users to rip us apart with! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOGE! Editing action to try and possibly save our lives!))
[dex:5+1]
[end:4+1]
Bishop screams "DOOOOOOODGE!" and rockets back down the stairs, face first, bouncing into a wall and spinning in tight, rocket propelled circles, still screaming.

combined attack with miyamoto, take those cameras out ASAP then get out of there post haste.

Check gungnir for some sort of energy gauge, engage echolocation overlay to check for tripwires

((Posting from phone inbetween classes, so decent spelling is a lost cause and post must be short.))

Upon noticing the cameras, Bishop's eyes widened in horror. "Look out! CAMERAS! AMPS!!!"
Dive as fast as I can behind the corner with my fleshy teammate NOW! Stay low, keep well away from the corner, and stay out of sight of the cameras until Miyamoto deals with them! Keep an eye on my less metal teammate incase he gets taken over or starts showing signs, and make sure to tell my team and Steve if I'm getting mindraped.[/b]

((OH GOD! I just realised what a horrible mistake I made! Those cameras are for Amp users to rip us apart with! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOGE! Editing action to try and possibly save our lives!))

((If those cameras are indeed for an amp user, then we'll have a bigger chance of survival if all three of us make an action out of shooting them. More dice 'n all that. Amps also bypass armor, so Miya isn't really at an advantage here. And I think if the cameras were indeed for amp users, then pw would've rolled for it previous turn, when we first saw them. Still, better safe than sorry I guess.

Shoot cameras with short pulse of laser, then bypass lasers by smashing through stairs above us and continuing from there. Check for lasers on next 'level' before going up (so after smashing).

[Miya dex:2+1]
[Auron dex:3+1]
[auron uncon:6+1]
[Auron end:6]
Auron is faster on the draw and extremely eager. He shoots the camera, the sensors, the black boxes, everything in the hall gets a good face full of his laser. Seems effective and nothing blows up so...yeah. Auron is about to celebrate when his nose and gums start bleeding and he's struck with a red tinged coughing fit. It passes after a few seconds and doesn't seem to have caused any permanent damage. Yippee!

Miyamoto, who just kind of watched the whole "Machinegun the hallway" thing, shrugs and punches the ceiling a few times until he's created a relatively large hole. He sticks his head up and looks around.

"Well, we got a hallway with nothing in it and a big ass metal door that looks pretty solid and resilient. Probably control room door. Don't see any cameras. "

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16593 on: October 22, 2013, 04:59:53 pm »

"Well, final stretch here. C'mon fellas, let's rain on the parade of whoever's in there.
Be careful where you shoot, we don't want to mess up the machinery in there.

Steve, we almost breached the control room. Anything in particular we should know before we enter? And what exactly should we do once we have control, besides enabling the fire alarms?"

Wait until teammates are ready, then go up through that hole. Tear down door, use I-beam on sods or other enemies. Try to not damage equipment in there.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 04:28:26 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16594 on: October 22, 2013, 06:12:22 pm »

"No, I'm good," Jim answered.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16595 on: October 22, 2013, 06:15:12 pm »

"Are we required to stay here after you've taken over ARES? Or can we go help the others?
Also, any chance you could use ARES' sensor data to get some sound clips of some Sod commanders? I know the UEs are mind controlling some of them, but the ones not under their control could be disabled by them. Or any other piece of infp that could help the other teams, really?
Finally, I'm assuming the Armory Master knows all about our objectives and can advise the other teams on what to do next, if necessary?
Other than that, I'm cool."

Ask Steve, continue guard duty, try to get teammates to tell jokes to pass the time.

@Lukas and rest of Jim's team: "So, any of you heard any good jokes lately?"
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:33:30 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16596 on: October 22, 2013, 06:43:48 pm »

Lars looks blank.  "Just one question, Glorious Steve- who is Linux?  What are the proper methods of worship?"

Ask a stupid question.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16597 on: October 22, 2013, 07:40:48 pm »

wait for miyamoto to tear the door down then follow him through and begin impaling people with my reiterpallasch.

Prioritise people who arent sods and of them prioritise people whose clothing doesnt produce minor distortions in my echolocational overlay.

((This should work, cloth doesnt stop sound so my suit should recieve a weak signal from the surface of the material and a stronger signal from the flesh beneath.
UE's dont wear clothing so they should be very clearly defined clothing shaped people... right?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16598 on: October 22, 2013, 07:43:59 pm »

Jim thought for a moment. "Well... did you hear about the butterfly who flunked high school?" He waited an appropriate few seconds. "Turns out he was bad at moth." He followed that with a 'ba-dum-tish' sound.

(Not my joke, by the way. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16599 on: October 22, 2013, 08:10:18 pm »

Mesk just glares silently at Jim for a while.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16600 on: October 22, 2013, 08:20:47 pm »

Jim returned Mesk's glare with a simple shrug. "Well, he asked."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #16601 on: October 22, 2013, 08:36:14 pm »

wait for miyamoto to tear the door down then follow him through and begin impaling people with my reiterpallasch.

Prioritise people who arent sods and of them prioritise people whose clothing doesnt produce minor distortions in my echolocational overlay.

((This should work, cloth doesnt stop sound so my suit should recieve a weak signal from the surface of the material and a stronger signal from the flesh beneath.
UE's dont wear clothing so they should be very clearly defined clothing shaped people... right?))
((Er...I won't pretend to understand what exactly you're doing, but UE's DO wear clothing, specifically they wear a suit that can look like any type of clothing. So yeah the DO wear clothes. Just not the clothes they LOOK like they are wearing.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16602 on: October 22, 2013, 09:43:06 pm »

((Er...I won't pretend to understand what exactly you're doing, but UE's DO wear clothing, specifically they wear a suit that can look like any type of clothing. So yeah the DO wear clothes. Just not the clothes they LOOK like they are wearing.))
((I was under the impression that shade cloaks were some kind of implant like the changeling mask,
Even if they are a form of skintight shapeshifting stealth suit they dont really fall under the category of clothes because they arent made of cloth and will therefore not register as clothing in my visual overlay. Ergo UE's dont wear clothes.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16603 on: October 23, 2013, 11:48:18 am »

((Huh. Well, that turned out well enough. And yeah, I'm not sure if they wear clothes that shapeshift or have no clothes and just have implants that shapeshift to look like clothes...

Kinda creepy if you think about it...))

Bishop stopped screaming as soon as he realised that he was still alive and hadn't been ripped apart by amps. Letting out a sigh of relief, he picked himself up and jogged up to the others.

"Heh. Guess I overreacted there...

Still! Final stretch! Just gotta take the room, not wreck everything in sight, I'll connect Steve and we'll just have to hold our position until we're done. Let's get it on."

Provide suppressing fire for Auron, making sure to prioritise and note the positions of the UE's. Slide into cover as quickly as possible from behind Miyamoto without smashing my head open, and watch our collective backs from ambushing Executors. Keep moving from position to position out of sight if possible and WATCH OUT FOR GRENADES!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16604 on: October 23, 2013, 11:50:12 am »

Lars looks blank.  "Just one question, Glorious Steve- who is Linux?  What are the proper methods of worship?"

Ask a stupid question.
>I believe it involves penguins.

"Are we required to stay here after you've taken over ARES? Or can we go help the others?
Also, any chance you could use ARES' sensor data to get some sound clips of some Sod commanders? I know the UEs are mind controlling some of them, but the ones not under their control could be disabled by them. Or any other piece of infp that could help the other teams, really?
Finally, I'm assuming the Armory Master knows all about our objectives and can advise the other teams on what to do next, if necessary?
Other than that, I'm cool."

Ask Steve, continue guard duty, try to get teammates to tell jokes to pass the time.

@Lukas and rest of Jim's team: "So, any of you heard any good jokes lately?"

>You can go give help to whoever needs it. Honestly, after I have ARES it's just gonna be a matter of tracking down those UE's and the Shadowwalker that may or may not exist. I'm not sure what I'll find in there, but if there's anything useful, I'll let everyone know. And yes, the armory master is a good back up for me if you need advice.

"Well, final stretch here. C'mon fellas, let's rain on the parade of whoever's in there.
Be careful where you shoot, we don't want to mess up the machinery in there.

Steve, we almost breached the control room. Anything in particular we should know before we enter? And what exactly should we do once we have control, besides enabling the fire alarms?"

Wait until teammates are ready, then go up through that hole. Tear down door, use I-beam on sods or other enemies. Try to not damage equipment in there.

((Huh. Well, that turned out well enough. And yeah, I'm not sure if they wear clothes that shapeshift or have no clothes and just have implants that shapeshift to look like clothes...

Kinda creepy if you think about it...))

Bishop stopped screaming as soon as he realised that he was still alive and hadn't been ripped apart by amps. Letting out a sigh of relief, he picked himself up and jogged up to the others.

"Heh. Guess I overreacted there...

Still! Final stretch! Just gotta take the room, not wreck everything in sight, I'll connect Steve and we'll just have to hold our position until we're done. Let's get it on."

Provide suppressing fire for Auron, making sure to prioritise and note the positions of the UE's. Slide into cover as quickly as possible from behind Miyamoto without smashing my head open, and watch our collective backs from ambushing Executors. Keep moving from position to position out of sight if possible and WATCH OUT FOR GRENADES!

Miyamoto drags the rest of his teammates up through the hole and then gets to work bashing the door down. Even as powerful as he is, the door takes a while, denting in a bit more with each successive punch. Eventually his fist punches straight through the door into the other room, opening a hole just large enough for a normal person to crawl through. He pulls his arm out and Auron immediately jams his hardpoint up against the hole, ready to fire.
[auron dex:3+1]
He manages to jump back just in time as a gout of flame, like the exhaust of a massive rocket motor, erupts from the hole and burns a blacked streak down the hall and melts straight through the opposing wall.

"There's something weird in there," Auron says, brushing the ash off his suit. "I only saw a few people, three or four at consoles and a fifth one in a wheel chair, facing back this way. Then, well, fire."

>Last check, miyamoto, I'm gonna be offline a few minutes here. Any last questions?
Pages: 1 ... 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 ... 1256