Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1104 1105 [1106] 1107 1108 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943170 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Slash and Burn
« Reply #16575 on: October 20, 2013, 07:35:22 am »

((Ignore his emotions, eh? That would explain Steve's personality even more...))

"I've heard about people shutting down after a traumatic event. Choosing not to feel as a coping mechanism. Emotions give you a compass, tell you what's right and wrong, but what if you have to do something wrong for the greater good? I guess that in that case ignoring your emotions can be useful. Especially in a war like this, with the things we're expected to do. I mean, even you, you and ARES must know each other for so long and now there's a chance you're going to have to kill him. That can't be easy..."

"I hope I never have to do something like that. Killing another human, especially one of my teammates, one of my friends for the greater good... Even if they've been mind controlled it's just- it's just-..."
Flint took another puff from his (what was it now, third?) cigarette, looked down and closed his eyes for a few moments, waiting for his thoughts to clear. "I just hope I find the strength to do what I must, when the time comes." He remained silent for a few moments, focusing on what he had learned and on the various monitors in Gilgamesh's cockpit...

Ask Steve: "Hey, now that I think about it, should we check for any traps or viruses or something in the comm equipment? Considering our uninvited guests might have somehow beefed up the security systems here? I know you're probably strong enough to deal with those stuff, but I wouldn't like to be left without mission control while the Sword restarts or something."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 08:47:54 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16576 on: October 20, 2013, 10:16:22 am »

Lars bows his head toward the dais, almost instinctively.  "Glorious Steve, how many others like ARES are there?"

Ask Steve.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16577 on: October 20, 2013, 11:51:01 pm »

"Fantastic. At least we're almost there..."

Get out from under anything that looks like it might fall and brace for impact. Listen for anything that gets set off in the stairs. Then quickly head back and grab a few things for Miyamoto to throw ahead of us to clear for some traps. Then cover the rear as we advance up the stairs, keeping an eye on both the ceiling and the floor for any signs of them cutting through, and watching carefully for grenades coming down to us.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16578 on: October 21, 2013, 04:20:54 am »

Position myself between teammates and blastwave, brace for impact. Then get going, throwing debris from Bishop to check for traps while waving I-beam in front of me. Use cameyes to spot traps if possible.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16579 on: October 21, 2013, 11:37:40 am »

Jim tapped his fingers on the console. "What about these designations: SCI 023 Fiber, SCI 033 Fiber, CAG 021 Fiber, BIN 032 Metalink, and BIN 059 Metalink?"

Jim asks the above.
>Cag 021 fiber sounds right. Try that one. " Connect Cag 021 Fiber"

Lars bows his head toward the dais, almost instinctively.  "Glorious Steve, how many others like ARES are there?"

Ask Steve.

>Several. There are other mostly automated industrial complexes like this, plus a few planets with infrastructure that requires large computerized control systems. Often capital class ships have something similar and the defensive positions scattered around the occupied zone are all controlled by a computer not that different from ARES.

((Ignore his emotions, eh? That would explain Steve's personality even more...))

"I've heard about people shutting down after a traumatic event. Choosing not to feel as a coping mechanism. Emotions give you a compass, tell you what's right and wrong, but what if you have to do something wrong for the greater good? I guess that in that case ignoring your emotions can be useful. Especially in a war like this, with the things we're expected to do. I mean, even you, you and ARES must know each other for so long and now there's a chance you're going to have to kill him. That can't be easy..."

"I hope I never have to do something like that. Killing another human, especially one of my teammates, one of my friends for the greater good... Even if they've been mind controlled it's just- it's just-..."
Flint took another puff from his (what was it now, third?) cigarette, looked down and closed his eyes for a few moments, waiting for his thoughts to clear. "I just hope I find the strength to do what I must, when the time comes." He remained silent for a few moments, focusing on what he had learned and on the various monitors in Gilgamesh's cockpit...

Ask Steve: "Hey, now that I think about it, should we check for any traps or viruses or something in the comm equipment? Considering our uninvited guests might have somehow beefed up the security systems here? I know you're probably strong enough to deal with those stuff, but I wouldn't like to be left without mission control while the Sword restarts or something."

>Doubtful, they were clearly expecting armed resistance, not technological sabotage. Or at least not technological sabotage on my level. You could look, if you want, but I can already tell you there will be some. I am ready for it though. But I will go offline for a short while during the take over; I am spread thin over thousands of light years, coordinating other attacks, making sure men in stasis keep breathing, maintaining dozens of other ships. I will have to focus a bit more then usual.

Brace for impact then begin making my way upwards carefully checking for booby traps, shoot any sods who appear.
"Fantastic. At least we're almost there..."

Get out from under anything that looks like it might fall and brace for impact. Listen for anything that gets set off in the stairs. Then quickly head back and grab a few things for Miyamoto to throw ahead of us to clear for some traps. Then cover the rear as we advance up the stairs, keeping an eye on both the ceiling and the floor for any signs of them cutting through, and watching carefully for grenades coming down to us.
Position myself between teammates and blastwave, brace for impact. Then get going, throwing debris from Bishop to check for traps while waving I-beam in front of me. Use cameyes to spot traps if possible.

The blastwave goes well...or as well as a nuclear blastwave can go. The building shakes and, downstairs, they can hear a wave of shattering glass rolling up the side of the building and past them. They keep their footing and, as soon as the building stops shuddering, immediately begin up the stairs, swinging bits of debris and cycling vision modes as they go. They round 1 corner without incident. The next one is more troublesome though. This section of the stairs is covered in those IR laser sensors that have been plaguing the other teams as well. There are also small black boxes affixed to the wall facing them up ahead and several small cameras pointing down at them.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16580 on: October 21, 2013, 11:49:00 am »

Jim types
Code: [Select]
>Connect Cag 021 Fiberas commanded.

"Here's to this working," Jim muttered as he pressed the last button.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16581 on: October 21, 2013, 12:42:02 pm »

combined attack with miyamoto, take those cameras out ASAP then get out of there post haste.

Check gungnir for some sort of energy gauge, engage echolocation overlay to check for tripwires
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:58:57 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16582 on: October 21, 2013, 12:43:23 pm »

Lars bows again in the general direction of Steve.  "Your glorious divinity is manifold in its manifestations.  How can I understand them more?  Please, bless me with your knowledge!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16583 on: October 21, 2013, 01:12:15 pm »

Upon noticing the cameras, Bishop's eyes widened in horror. "Look out! CAMERAS! AMPS!!!"

Once my companion is done frying the cameras, pull him back with myself around the corner, take cover, and let Miyamoto trigger the bombs himself. Check rocket fuel and ammo levels.

Dive as fast as I can behind the corner with my fleshy teammate NOW! Stay low, keep well away from the corner, and stay out of sight of the cameras until Miyamoto deals with them! Keep an eye on my less metal teammate incase he gets taken over or starts showing signs, and make sure to tell my team and Steve if I'm getting mindraped.

((OH GOD! I just realised what a horrible mistake I made! Those cameras are for Amp users to rip us apart with! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOGE! Editing action to try and possibly save our lives!))
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 09:54:58 pm by Zako »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16584 on: October 22, 2013, 04:29:54 am »

((Posting from phone inbetween classes, so decent spelling is a lost cause and post must be short.))

Upon noticing the cameras, Bishop's eyes widened in horror. "Look out! CAMERAS! AMPS!!!"
Dive as fast as I can behind the corner with my fleshy teammate NOW! Stay low, keep well away from the corner, and stay out of sight of the cameras until Miyamoto deals with them! Keep an eye on my less metal teammate incase he gets taken over or starts showing signs, and make sure to tell my team and Steve if I'm getting mindraped.[/b]

((OH GOD! I just realised what a horrible mistake I made! Those cameras are for Amp users to rip us apart with! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOGE! Editing action to try and possibly save our lives!))

((If those cameras are indeed for an amp user, then we'll have a bigger chance of survival if all three of us make an action out of shooting them. More dice 'n all that. Amps also bypass armor, so Miya isn't really at an advantage here. And I think if the cameras were indeed for amp users, then pw would've rolled for it previous turn, when we first saw them. Still, better safe than sorry I guess.

Shoot cameras with short pulse of laser, then bypass lasers by smashing through stairs above us and continuing from there. Check for lasers on next 'level' before going up (so after smashing).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 04:32:13 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16585 on: October 22, 2013, 06:56:42 am »

((Could be claymore style automanipulators?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16586 on: October 22, 2013, 07:01:15 am »

((Oh shit, that's a good point Pariah. Those would mess us up bad. Also something to keep in mind if we can take a few on another mission if we have to defend anything.

And Miya stands a better chance than either of us since he has a universal manipulator and can use it on those cameras and traps while out of sight of the cameras. We don't have anything like that other than guns that we have to point around the corner and into view of the cameras, which lets the amp users know where we are for an area attack.

That and he is in an almost unstoppable armoured death machine. Yeah.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16587 on: October 22, 2013, 08:21:35 am »

((Oh shit, that's a good point Pariah. Those would mess us up bad. Also something to keep in mind if we can take a few on another mission if we have to defend anything.

And Miya stands a better chance than either of us since he has a universal manipulator and can use it on those cameras and traps while out of sight of the cameras. We don't have anything like that other than guns that we have to point around the corner and into view of the cameras, which lets the amp users know where we are for an area attack.

That and he is in an almost unstoppable armoured death machine. Yeah.))
((problem there is the almost, if they are auto-manips then they would likely be set to spatial coordinates which could take up multiple floors worth of stairwell, possibly including the space within the avatar.
also im pretty sure miyamoto needs to see the cameras, or at least a space near the cameras in order to effectively remove them, although manipulator use would probably be the (and i cant believe im saying this) safest bet.))

((actually, im starting to not want to be in this stairwell anymore...))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 08:25:40 am by Unholy_Pariah »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16588 on: October 22, 2013, 08:49:17 am »

((automanip-bombs are too expensive to be worthwhile - look up the price of automanips and then the price of bombs. if it's a bomb, it's a normal one, not a manip, if it's a manip, it's not going to be a bomb.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16589 on: October 22, 2013, 08:58:14 am »

((It could be a bomb, or it could be something VERY nasty that's not a auto-manipulator or a bomb, given these are really bad dudes we're going up against. There's just no way to really know in this case...

He doesn't need to see the cameras all the time, he just needs to know where they are from his position in order to fry them with manipulators or amps, or at least that's how I think it works (the serial killer mission is a prime example of this, as the killer was using a manipulator to see through his victims eyes to get the team's position). That's why I've been sticking to cover as much as possible. They can't use amps or manipulators on what they don't know is there and hopefully staying in cover will reduce the chances of me being seen.))
Pages: 1 ... 1104 1105 [1106] 1107 1108 ... 1256