Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1100 1101 [1102] 1103 1104 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941331 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Slash and Burn
« Reply #16515 on: October 16, 2013, 01:41:17 pm »

((Hmm, it seems that all the superpowered suits in the universe won't protect you from getting screwed by the rolls.
That's bad.
Luckily for us, the Avatar was able to at least partially stop the influence.
That's good!
We now have to deal with a mindbender still up there though.
That's bad.
Though it seems dropping the mental blocks in the avatar purges the outside influence.
That's good!
Though it seems it doesn't do that automatically.
That's bad.
But Steve can do it for us though.
That's good!
Though that also means Miyamoto is at his mercy and Steve could send him on a rampage murder spree anytime he wants.
That's... Troubling?))

"Oh god get OUT OF MY HEAD! All of you! Ghaaagh..."

Miyamoto stood there, panting. Having been completely taken over by two seperate entities right after another made him acutely aware of his own limitations again. He had been reckless for a second. Was this the Avatars' influence again? He didn't use to be this rash...

It seemed he'd need much more practice to learn to control this thing, this suit, and its influence on him.

"Never... Mentioned that in the brochure."

Think about if it would be possible to make a large cloud of smoke by either smashing up the floor near the hole more or by using the laser on this level to cut a piece of the ceiling on the next level. Were there any cameras present on the next floor? Any people there besides the sods? If I stuck my arm up through the hole, could the thermite thrower reach to where the sods are defending? How big is that hallway anyway? Could I heatblade all of the sods at the same time with the micro amp? Oh, and ask Steve if that door is reinforced, and if I could use my laser in here without destroying our objective. Also, can I see where the sods are from here using cameyes? If yes, try to find where the UE is in there (he should look different from a sod, right?)
By the way, how many sods are there left now?

((Sorry for holding up the action guys, but this is a rather crucial point. We may not get so lucky next time if I roll badly for will again. We could always send one of you up first instead, hoping the UE will try his mindbending on one of you guys. Though with all that firepower that person wouldn't last long in there, they even have lasers so Bishop isn't completely safe either. If we could throw up some sort of smokescreen, we can stop the UE from doing its thing. I don't think heatblading half a hallway is feasible, but then again I might be imagining it bigger than it really is. Though overshooting with such an action... Yeah, rather not.))
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 04:27:44 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16516 on: October 16, 2013, 02:30:19 pm »

"Oh, sure.  Yeah..."
Close the door and watch over Lars, keep an eye out for a (non-human) food source.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16517 on: October 16, 2013, 03:51:30 pm »

backtrack to miyamotos shortcut and head on through, stay well away from him and find some cover then fire lightning bolts at random visible enemies.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16518 on: October 16, 2013, 05:00:45 pm »

((Hmm, it seems that all the superpowered suits in the universe won't protect you from getting screwed by the rolls.
That's bad.
That's good!
That's bad.
Though it seems dropping the mental blocks in the avatar purges the outside influence.
That's good!
That's bad.
That's good!
Though that also means Miyamoto is at his mercy and Steve could send him on a rampage murder spree anytime he wants.
That's... Troubling?))
((The Avatar contains potassium benzoate...That's bad.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16519 on: October 16, 2013, 07:30:22 pm »

Ask Steve: "So... That thing  you're  going to do to ARES. What's it going to be like, exactly? Is it like talking to an old friend? Is it like a heated debate? Is it a race to exploit weaknesses and loopholes before the other can react? Is it like trying to outlogic him? Is it the lowering of inhibitions? Is it like the removal of shackles? Is it like invasive brain surgery? It's just that, I've never come across anything... anything like you. In movies, maybe, but not really. I still can't fully wrap my head around what you are... So I'm trying to understand."

((@Mesk: Ask Flint for some food when you feel like it. He's carrying some food in his bag.))
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 07:34:21 pm by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16520 on: October 17, 2013, 01:01:38 pm »

Jim puts Lars down near the door, asks Mesk to close the door, and ascends the dais to look for the connection point.
Despite exuding a strangely religious feeling, the control Dais is extremely mundane in terms of mechanisms. It has a keyboard, a monitor, a few slots for different kinds of cords, and thats about it. You touch one of the keys and the monitor blinks on.

Code: [Select]
MMOO8MMMMOOOMMMMOOONMMMMMMMMNOOMMMMMMMM8OONMMMMMMMM8OOMMMMMMMMMOODMMMMMMNONMMMMM8OONMMMMMNOOZMMMMMNONNOO8MMMMMMMMMMMO8NO
MMOOONMMZOOMMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMMOOONMMMMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMMMOODMMMMMMMMOOOMMMMMNOOZMMMMMNOOZMMMMMOOOMMMMMMOOOOOZMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOO
MMMMZZZMMNOODMMMMM$ZZOOOMMMMMMZZZMMMMMMZZOMMMMMMMMMMMZZZMMMMMMZZOMMMMM$ZZMMMMMMZZZMMMMMNZZZMMNOOOOONMMMMMMMMMMMOZOZZZMMM
MMMMDZO8MZOOMMMMMMMZZMOOOMZOMMMZOOMMMMMOZOMMMMMMMMMMMMZOZMMMMMMZODMMMMOZZMMMMMDOZNMMMMMOOZONMOOOMOOMMMMMMMNDOMZOOMMZMMMM
MMMMM8OOZZZMMMMMMMMMMMNOOOOONMMZOOMMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMMMMMDOODMMMMMOOOMMNOOONMMMMMOOOMMMMMZOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMNOOOOONMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMNOOZOODMMMMMMMMMNNOOOZZZOOZMMNOOOMMMMMMMMMMMZOOMMMMMMMNDZZZOONMMMMMOOONMMMMMOOOZZZMMNMMMMMMMMZOOOOONMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMOOMZOOMMOMMMMMMMMNONNZOOONMMMOOZMMMMMMMMMMMNOO$MMMMMMMOZZM8OMMMMMMOOOZNMMMMNOOZZMMMMMMMMMZMMOO8MODMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOZMMMMMMMMMMMZOOMMMMMNZZZNMMMMMMMMMMDOODMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOMMNMMZOOMMMMMMMMMZZZOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
DDONMMMMMMMMMMM8MMZOOMMMMMMMMMMM8ZZD8ODZZOMNNMMMMMMMMDOO8MMMMMDOONMMMMMMMMMMZZZOODDODDZZDMMMMMMMMMMZOO8MMMMMMMMDODDONDON
OOOOMMNMMMMMMMMMMMZOONMMNMMMMMMMMZZ$OOZZZOMMMMMNMMNMNOOONNNNMNOO8MMNMMMMMMMMZZ$ZOOZOO$Z7MMMMMMMMMMMZOONNMNNMNMNOOZOOZ8OO
MMOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOO8MMMMMMMMMMMMMNOOONMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$$$ZZ$$$MMMNMMOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOONMMMMMMM
MMMZ8MOOOMOOMMMMMMMNNZMNOONMONMMMMMMMMMMNOZ7M$$ZZZZZZ$N$7N$$MZ$MZZZ$Z$N$$MOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZONOZMOZOOOOMDOMZOMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMOOOOODMMMMMMMMMMMZOOZOOMMMMMNMMMMMDZZ$$$$$Z$$$NMMMMMMMMMMN$ZZ$Z$Z$OOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMNMMMNOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMOOO$ZZOOZMMMMMNMMOOOZOOMMMMNN$Z$$$$NMNZ$$MNMMMMMMMMMMMNZZZNMN$$Z$$$MMMMMMMMZOOOOOZOOOOONMNMMNOOOOOZOOZOO$ZZOO
MMMMMMMMMMMMOMMZMNOOOMOZMONMMZONZOZM8$N$$$NN$NMM$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZ$7MMN$MN$$OM$NNONNOO8MODMONNOMMMMMMMNOMDOMZOMZOM$ZMO
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOZONNMMMNOOOZZ$Z$ZMMNMN$$$NMMMMMMMMNMMMMMMMD$ZNMMNMNZZ$Z$$OZOOOOMMNNMMNMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
OODO8DO8MMMMMMMMMMMDDMDDM8OO8ZOO$$Z$$8NO8MMMMM8Z$DMMMMMMMDZZNMMMMMMMDZZ8NMMMM8DM8$ZZZZ8MMMMMMMM8O88Z8DOD8OD8ODOO8OODOODO
OO8OO8OONMNNMNDMNNMNNMMMMDZOOOO$$$Z$$NMMNMMMMD$$ZNMMMMMMMOZZDMMMMMMMMZZ$DMMMMMMMN7Z$$$DMNNMNNMDZOOOZO8OOOOOOO8OO8OO8OO8O
MMMMMMMOOOOOZZZOOOOOOMMMMMMOOO$$$NNNNMMMMMMNO$$NMMMMMMMNZZZZZ$MMMMMMMM7$ZNMMMMMMMMNNNZ$ZOOOOOOOODMMNMMZOOOOONMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMNZMZOM$ZOOZMZZOMNOM$ZO$$ZNMMMMMMMMMMN$$7NMMMMMMM$ZZ77ZZ$MMMMMMMM7ZZMNMMMMMMMMMN$ZZOZZZMZOMMMMMMMZOMZOOMOOMZOMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOZMMMOOOOOZZZZ$$NMMMMMMMMMMM$$$NNMMMMMMDZZ$IIZZZMMMMMMMMMZZ$MMMMMMMMMMMZZZZZZNMMMMMMMMMMMMMNZOOOOZOOMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMNOOZZZDMMMMMNMMMMMZZZZ$7MMMMMMMMMMMO$$NMMMMMMMMZZZZZZMMMMMMMM$ZZMMMMMMMMMMMM$Z$OOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOO
OOMO8NO8MZOOMZZMMMMMMMMNONZOZNMZ$$N$ONMMMMMMM$$ZNMMMMMMMMZZZZMMMMMMMNMZ$ZMMMMMMMM7ZN$ZZMDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOMNOM
OOOOOOOOZZZMMMMMMMMMMMNOOOOONMM7$$Z$ZMMMMMMMMMZZ$MMMMMMMMOZZNMMMMMMMMZZZMMMMMMMMN$$ZZZNMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
NNMNNNNNNNMMMMMMMMOOOOOONMDNMMMMD$$$$$Z$ZOMMMMN$ZZMMMMMMMNNNNMMMMMMDZZDMMMMMZ$$ZZ$ZOOZOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
DDMMMMMMMMMMMMMDMMOOZ8OZMMMMM8DMDZ$8Z$8ZZ$NM8MN8ZZ8NMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNO$$NMM8MM$$ZOZ88ODDOOOOONMDMMDMMMMMMMMDNNDMDDMDDMDDMD
OONMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOZNMMNMMMM8OZOOOMMNNMN$$Z$$$MMMZZ$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMZZZMMMZ$Z$$$NMMMMMMMZOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOMMMMMMMZOMZOOMNZMMMMMMMMNOOOOOZMMMMMMM$OO$Z$M$$ZZNNMMMMMMMMMMN8ZZZ$N$Z$MM$O8MMMMMMMMZ8NODMZNMOOZMOZMOOOOOZMZOMZOMZOMZ
ZOOOMMNMMNOOOZODMMMMMNNMNMNOZZOOZMMMMMMMNDOO$ZZ$Z$ZZZMMMMNNMMNNMDZZZZZZZ$NMMOOONMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMDOOZOOOOOOOOMMNMMMMMMMMM
MMOOOZZZOOOMMMMMMMMNOOOOOZOONNMMMMMMMMMMZOOMMMMMM$$$$$Z$$$$$$$$$ZZZZZ$$$MMMMMMOZOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM
MMOOOZZOMONMMMMNOZMZOOOOOOOOONNMMMMMMMNZOOMMMMMMOZ$NO$N$$N$ZO$7NZDMZDMZOONMMMMDOONMMMMOMDOM8ZMMMMMMMMMMNNOMDZMZOMZOOMNOM
MOOOZZZMMMMMMMN8OOOOOOOOOOOOOONMMMMMMMNOO8MMMMMZOOMMMNNMMMMOOZMMMMMMMMZOOMMMMMMOOOMMMZOOOOZZZZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNOOOOOO
OONMMMNMZOOZOOZOZNMNOOONMNMM8OONMMMMM$ZZNNMMMMMMNOOZMMMMM8OOOOZMMMMMMMNNOOZMMMMMNZZZZOOOONNNOOOZOZMMMMMNOOZ$ZZOONMMMMMMM
OOMMN8MNOODDODDODMM8ZODMMMMMOOOMMMMMMDZZOMMMMMMM8OODMMMMMNOOOOO8MMMMMMMMDOO8MMMMMZZOOODO8MMMNODDOO8N88M8OODOZDOO8MM8MMMM
MMMMOOOOOOMNNMMMMM$ZZMMMMMNOOOMMMMMMMMNZZOMMMMNOZOMMMMMMMMMOOOOZ8NNMMMMMNZOONMMMMMOOONMMMMMMMMMMDOOOOOOOOMMMMMMOOOOOOMMM
OOMOOOMNOMMMMMNONNOZZONMMMMMOOOMMMMMMNOZZONMMMMMOOONMMMMMMZZONNOODNODMMMNOOOONMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMMMMNZOZOOOZOMMMMMMMOMMOO8MO
OOOOONMMMMMMMNOOZZOOOOZMMMMM8OONMMMMMOOOOOONMMMMNOOZMMMMM8ZZNMMZOOOOONMMOOOOOZMMMMMMOODMMMMMMMMMMMZZZOOOMMNMMMMMMMMZOOZO
MMMMMMMMMMMMDOODMMZOOMMMMMMOOOMMMMMMOOOOOOOONMMZOOMMMMMMOOOOOZMMNOOOOONMMZOOMMMMMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMONMOOOMMMMOOOMMMMMMOOOMMMMOOOMOOOOOMMMMOOOMMMMZOOOOOMMMM8OM8OOMMMZOOMMMMMMMMMOO8MMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOMOOOMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMOOOOOOMMMMMMOOOMMMMM8OOMMMOOOMMMOOOMMMMMMOOOMMDOOOOONMMMMMMMMOOOMMMOOOMMMMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOMMNOO8MMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMOOOOODMMMMMZOOMMMMMMZOOMMMOOOMMMMMNOODMMZOOMMMZOOMMMOOZMMMMMMMMZOOMMMOOZMMMMMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMMOOOMMMMMNOOOOOOMMMMMM
MMMMMMOOOMOOMMMMMMNOOZNMMMMNOOOMOOONMMMMMMOOOMMNOOOM8OONMMOOONMMMMMMMMNOOOMMNOOOMMMMMMMMDOONMOMMMMMNOOOMMMMMNONNOOOMMMMM
MMMMM8OOMMMMMMMMMMMMZZZMMMMM8OOOOOMMMMMMMMMOOOMMMOOOOO8MMDOOMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOMMMOOOMMMMMMMMOOOOOOMMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMM8OOMMMMM

ARES COMMUNICATION PROTOCOLS DEVELOPED BY INGRAM ARMS AND RELATED OFFWORLD SUBSIDIARIES
REPRODUCTION, MODIFICATION OR USE OF THESE PROTOCOLS WITHOUT EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF Director Edwards AND INGRAM IS A VIOLATION OF UWM TECHNOLOGY PROTECTION AND RESTRICTION (Techpro) STATUTES AND IS PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

>_

>We're hooked into a groundline here at the cage. What you want to do is open the signal to that groundline. First, determine its connection status.

"Hmm... hey Jim, you mind going on ahead for a bit?  I'll catch up."
Mesk stops, breaks eye contact with the corpse and hurries to catch up with Jim.
"...never mind.  Don't know what I was thinking."
Keep an eye out for a fridge or something as we keep moving.
Much to your surprise there are no minifridges down here in the middle of an ai core connection point. Geez, not even an open bar.

((Interesting, now.))

The being was giving him a message, but Lars was not comprehending it.  Was he saying...

"What matter of divinity are you?  What message should I bring back of your will?  Condensate?"

You blink. You're staring at a rather boring metal ceiling. You sit up. Jim is over in the center of the room, hen pecking his way across the keyboard of what appears to be a pulpit to some strange robot deity. Mesk is eying a corpse exactly the same way Milno sometimes does.

Huh.

"Oh, sure.  Yeah..."
Close the door and watch over Lars, keep an eye out for a (non-human) food source.
Turns out you can't do that.

Because you broke the motors when you opened it, remember?

Ask Steve: "So... That thing  you're  going to do to ARES. What's it going to be like, exactly? Is it like talking to an old friend? Is it like a heated debate? Is it a race to exploit weaknesses and loopholes before the other can react? Is it like trying to outlogic him? Is it the lowering of inhibitions? Is it like the removal of shackles? Is it like invasive brain surgery? It's just that, I've never come across anything... anything like you. In movies, maybe, but not really. I still can't fully wrap my head around what you are... So I'm trying to understand."

((@Mesk: Ask Flint for some food when you feel like it. He's carrying some food in his bag.))

>Have you ever heard of Colossus: The Forbin Project? A good movie, from the late 1900's AD. It touches on the difficulties of human interactions with machines. Might be worth watching. Regardless, let me preface this with some history: Do you know the reason why Wetware AI's became popular?  Why they basically completely overtook purely artificial AI's? Cost is a factor, but there is more to it then that.

That's bad.
That's good!
That's bad.
That's good!
That's bad.
That's good!
That's... Troubling?))

"Oh god get OUT OF MY HEAD! All of you! Ghaaagh..."

Miyamoto stood there, panting. Having been completely taken over by two seperate entities right after another made him acutely aware of his own limitations again. He had been reckless for a second. Was this the Avatars' influence again? He didn't use to be this rash...

It seemed he'd need much more practice to learn to control this thing, this suit, and its influence on him.

"Never... Mentioned that in the brochure."

Think about if it would be possible to make a large cloud of smoke by either smashing up the floor near the hole more or by using the laser on this level to cut a piece of the ceiling on the next level. Were there any cameras present on the next floor? Any people there besides the sods? If I stuck my arm up through the hole, could the thermite thrower reach to where the sods are defending? How big is that hallway anyway? Could I heatblade all of the sods at the same time with the micro amp? Oh, and ask Steve if that door is reinforced, and if I could use my laser in here without destroying our objective. Also, can I see where the sods are from here using cameyes? If yes, try to find where the UE is in there (he should look different from a sod, right?)
By the way, how many sods are there left now?

((Sorry for holding up the action guys, but this is a rather crucial point. We may not get so lucky next time if I roll badly for will again. We could always send one of you up first instead, hoping the UE will try his mindbending on one of you guys. Though with all that firepower that person wouldn't last long in there, they even have lasers so Bishop isn't completely safe either. If we could throw up some sort of smokescreen, we can stop the UE from doing its thing. I don't think heatblading half a hallway is feasible, but then again I might be imagining it bigger than it really is. Though overshooting with such an action... Yeah, rather not.))

Punching your way up might do to create a short lived cloud of dust, Though it's not gonna be smoke grenade levels of obfuscation.
None that you saw.
[int:5+1]
You remember that there were three people up there that weren't in typical sod dress. Two looked like normal crewmen, the other was dressed in some sort of simple but still clearly important black black uniform without any noticeable insignia.

Hard to say, it would require some angling, and that might result in spraying the ceiling.

Pretty big. Almost as tall as you and around 15 meters long. You entered at about the halfway point.

Yeah, you did more then that before, remember.

You can use your laser, just don't sweep upwards, the control room in question is only a story or so up from here, and this hall leads to it, or at least the stairs up to it.

The ground here appears to be too thick to get a good look through it, x-ray, thermal or otherwise. Probably insulated too.

[int:2+1]
Eh....3? Maybe 5? Something like that.

backtrack to miyamotos shortcut and head on through, stay well away from him and find some cover then fire lightning bolts at random visible enemies.
((Oh shit... That was close... Thank god for Avatar auto-defences...))

"Damn. Looks like that's out of our league. If we try to take 'em, they'll nail us or blast us out with grenades. We'll have to follow up after Miyamoto."

Pull back to the hole that the Avatar made and take up a position to cover for any sods coming out of it or poking their heads down. Watch out for grenades and duck into cover as soon as I see any.
Bishop and Auron return to find Miyamoto sitting on the ground, clearly lost in thought. They're moving towards the hole he made in the ceiling when they hear something. The sound of metal clinking heavily against metal. A moment later, several grenades drop in from the hole.
[bishop dex:6+1]
Bishop, who was clearly expecting this, screams "I FUCKING KNEW IT!" and immediately rockets himself into a bank of chairs and embeds himself in a vending machine.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16521 on: October 17, 2013, 01:08:19 pm »

"...Fuck. Steve, anything you can tell me to help me out here? I don't know the least thing about computers."

Jim asks Steve for help (hoping for a dynamic bonus :P) and carefully studies the keyboard to see if there are any unusual buttons beyond the normal layout of a keyboard. Or if it's even a QWERTY-type at all.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16522 on: October 17, 2013, 01:16:55 pm »

ARES COMMUNICATION PROTOCOLS DEVELOPED BY INGRAM ARMS AND RELATED OFFWORLD SUBSIDIARIES

“Ingram :God of Guns: Ingram the distant blow, Ingram the steel rain.”

The picture on the opposing page shows a very muscular man drawing back an arrow in a frankly massive bow. It's no where near as detailed as the other pictures and appears to be just a rough, unfinished sketch. The symbol at the bottom of the page is an arrow.
“Ingram is god of the loosed arrow, of the hissing shrapnel, of the screaming bullet, of the thrown brick, of all things which man propels towards his foes to bring death from a distance. Place his mark upon your guns, your bullets, your magazines, anything which brings death from afar, and surely they shall remain forever reliable and never turn against you.”

((O RLY))

Lars sits up and looks around.  There is General Jim and Brother Mesk... where are they again?

"Greetings, brothers?  What is happening?  I have just been blessed with a divine vision, it seems."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16523 on: October 17, 2013, 01:19:17 pm »

"Trying to figure out this ARES thing. Steve said something that made me think he wants me to operate it specifically, but hell if I know what I'm doing. Hey, Lars. You think I'm supposed to plug into this thing, like the VR machines on the Sword?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16524 on: October 17, 2013, 01:37:59 pm »

"Let me see, friend."

Lars walks over to the machine.

"Let's see... ARES comm... what, Ingram?  God of Guns?  The Steel Rain?  General Jim, this is a holy relic!  Surely this is why Glorious Steve wants to interface with it!  We must treat it with the greatest respect!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16525 on: October 17, 2013, 01:46:50 pm »

Jim moved aside slightly to let Lars see, but put an arm between the priest and the machine before he got too close. "Look all you'd like, but you're right: let's not touch anything until we hear back from Steve. I don't want to hit the wrong button and cause the place to explode... or anything like that."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16526 on: October 17, 2013, 01:58:22 pm »

Code: [Select]
MMOO8MMMMOOOMMMMOOONMMMMMMMMNOOMMMMMMMM8OONMMMMMMMM8OOMMMMMMMMMOODMMMMMMNONMMMMM8OONMMMMMNOOZMMMMMNONNOO8MMMMMMMMMMMO8NO
MMOOONMMZOOMMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMMOOONMMMMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMMMOODMMMMMMMMOOOMMMMMNOOZMMMMMNOOZMMMMMOOOMMMMMMOOOOOZMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOO
MMMMZZZMMNOODMMMMM$ZZOOOMMMMMMZZZMMMMMMZZOMMMMMMMMMMMZZZMMMMMMZZOMMMMM$ZZMMMMMMZZZMMMMMNZZZMMNOOOOONMMMMMMMMMMMOZOZZZMMM
MMMMDZO8MZOOMMMMMMMZZMOOOMZOMMMZOOMMMMMOZOMMMMMMMMMMMMZOZMMMMMMZODMMMMOZZMMMMMDOZNMMMMMOOZONMOOOMOOMMMMMMMNDOMZOOMMZMMMM
MMMMM8OOZZZMMMMMMMMMMMNOOOOONMMZOOMMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMMMMMDOODMMMMMOOOMMNOOONMMMMMOOOMMMMMZOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMNOOOOONMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMNOOZOODMMMMMMMMMNNOOOZZZOOZMMNOOOMMMMMMMMMMMZOOMMMMMMMNDZZZOONMMMMMOOONMMMMMOOOZZZMMNMMMMMMMMZOOOOONMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMOOMZOOMMOMMMMMMMMNONNZOOONMMMOOZMMMMMMMMMMMNOO$MMMMMMMOZZM8OMMMMMMOOOZNMMMMNOOZZMMMMMMMMMZMMOO8MODMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOZMMMMMMMMMMMZOOMMMMMNZZZNMMMMMMMMMMDOODMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOMMNMMZOOMMMMMMMMMZZZOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
DDONMMMMMMMMMMM8MMZOOMMMMMMMMMMM8ZZD8ODZZOMNNMMMMMMMMDOO8MMMMMDOONMMMMMMMMMMZZZOODDODDZZDMMMMMMMMMMZOO8MMMMMMMMDODDONDON
OOOOMMNMMMMMMMMMMMZOONMMNMMMMMMMMZZ$OOZZZOMMMMMNMMNMNOOONNNNMNOO8MMNMMMMMMMMZZ$ZOOZOO$Z7MMMMMMMMMMMZOONNMNNMNMNOOZOOZ8OO
MMOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOO8MMMMMMMMMMMMMNOOONMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$$$ZZ$$$MMMNMMOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOONMMMMMMM
MMMZ8MOOOMOOMMMMMMMNNZMNOONMONMMMMMMMMMMNOZ7M$$ZZZZZZ$N$7N$$MZ$MZZZ$Z$N$$MOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZONOZMOZOOOOMDOMZOMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMOOOOODMMMMMMMMMMMZOOZOOMMMMMNMMMMMDZZ$$$$$Z$$$NMMMMMMMMMMN$ZZ$Z$Z$OOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMNMMMNOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMOOO$ZZOOZMMMMMNMMOOOZOOMMMMNN$Z$$$$NMNZ$$MNMMMMMMMMMMMNZZZNMN$$Z$$$MMMMMMMMZOOOOOZOOOOONMNMMNOOOOOZOOZOO$ZZOO
MMMMMMMMMMMMOMMZMNOOOMOZMONMMZONZOZM8$N$$$NN$NMM$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZ$7MMN$MN$$OM$NNONNOO8MODMONNOMMMMMMMNOMDOMZOMZOM$ZMO
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOZONNMMMNOOOZZ$Z$ZMMNMN$$$NMMMMMMMMNMMMMMMMD$ZNMMNMNZZ$Z$$OZOOOOMMNNMMNMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
OODO8DO8MMMMMMMMMMMDDMDDM8OO8ZOO$$Z$$8NO8MMMMM8Z$DMMMMMMMDZZNMMMMMMMDZZ8NMMMM8DM8$ZZZZ8MMMMMMMM8O88Z8DOD8OD8ODOO8OODOODO
OO8OO8OONMNNMNDMNNMNNMMMMDZOOOO$$$Z$$NMMNMMMMD$$ZNMMMMMMMOZZDMMMMMMMMZZ$DMMMMMMMN7Z$$$DMNNMNNMDZOOOZO8OOOOOOO8OO8OO8OO8O
MMMMMMMOOOOOZZZOOOOOOMMMMMMOOO$$$NNNNMMMMMMNO$$NMMMMMMMNZZZZZ$MMMMMMMM7$ZNMMMMMMMMNNNZ$ZOOOOOOOODMMNMMZOOOOONMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMNZMZOM$ZOOZMZZOMNOM$ZO$$ZNMMMMMMMMMMN$$7NMMMMMMM$ZZ77ZZ$MMMMMMMM7ZZMNMMMMMMMMMN$ZZOZZZMZOMMMMMMMZOMZOOMOOMZOMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOZMMMOOOOOZZZZ$$NMMMMMMMMMMM$$$NNMMMMMMDZZ$IIZZZMMMMMMMMMZZ$MMMMMMMMMMMZZZZZZNMMMMMMMMMMMMMNZOOOOZOOMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMNOOZZZDMMMMMNMMMMMZZZZ$7MMMMMMMMMMMO$$NMMMMMMMMZZZZZZMMMMMMMM$ZZMMMMMMMMMMMM$Z$OOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOO
OOMO8NO8MZOOMZZMMMMMMMMNONZOZNMZ$$N$ONMMMMMMM$$ZNMMMMMMMMZZZZMMMMMMMNMZ$ZMMMMMMMM7ZN$ZZMDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOMNOM
OOOOOOOOZZZMMMMMMMMMMMNOOOOONMM7$$Z$ZMMMMMMMMMZZ$MMMMMMMMOZZNMMMMMMMMZZZMMMMMMMMN$$ZZZNMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
NNMNNNNNNNMMMMMMMMOOOOOONMDNMMMMD$$$$$Z$ZOMMMMN$ZZMMMMMMMNNNNMMMMMMDZZDMMMMMZ$$ZZ$ZOOZOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
DDMMMMMMMMMMMMMDMMOOZ8OZMMMMM8DMDZ$8Z$8ZZ$NM8MN8ZZ8NMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNO$$NMM8MM$$ZOZ88ODDOOOOONMDMMDMMMMMMMMDNNDMDDMDDMDDMD
OONMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOZNMMNMMMM8OZOOOMMNNMN$$Z$$$MMMZZ$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMZZZMMMZ$Z$$$NMMMMMMMZOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOMMMMMMMZOMZOOMNZMMMMMMMMNOOOOOZMMMMMMM$OO$Z$M$$ZZNNMMMMMMMMMMN8ZZZ$N$Z$MM$O8MMMMMMMMZ8NODMZNMOOZMOZMOOOOOZMZOMZOMZOMZ
ZOOOMMNMMNOOOZODMMMMMNNMNMNOZZOOZMMMMMMMNDOO$ZZ$Z$ZZZMMMMNNMMNNMDZZZZZZZ$NMMOOONMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMDOOZOOOOOOOOMMNMMMMMMMMM
MMOOOZZZOOOMMMMMMMMNOOOOOZOONNMMMMMMMMMMZOOMMMMMM$$$$$Z$$$$$$$$$ZZZZZ$$$MMMMMMOZOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM
MMOOOZZOMONMMMMNOZMZOOOOOOOOONNMMMMMMMNZOOMMMMMMOZ$NO$N$$N$ZO$7NZDMZDMZOONMMMMDOONMMMMOMDOM8ZMMMMMMMMMMNNOMDZMZOMZOOMNOM
MOOOZZZMMMMMMMN8OOOOOOOOOOOOOONMMMMMMMNOO8MMMMMZOOMMMNNMMMMOOZMMMMMMMMZOOMMMMMMOOOMMMZOOOOZZZZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNOOOOOO
OONMMMNMZOOZOOZOZNMNOOONMNMM8OONMMMMM$ZZNNMMMMMMNOOZMMMMM8OOOOZMMMMMMMNNOOZMMMMMNZZZZOOOONNNOOOZOZMMMMMNOOZ$ZZOONMMMMMMM
OOMMN8MNOODDODDODMM8ZODMMMMMOOOMMMMMMDZZOMMMMMMM8OODMMMMMNOOOOO8MMMMMMMMDOO8MMMMMZZOOODO8MMMNODDOO8N88M8OODOZDOO8MM8MMMM
MMMMOOOOOOMNNMMMMM$ZZMMMMMNOOOMMMMMMMMNZZOMMMMNOZOMMMMMMMMMOOOOZ8NNMMMMMNZOONMMMMMOOONMMMMMMMMMMDOOOOOOOOMMMMMMOOOOOOMMM
OOMOOOMNOMMMMMNONNOZZONMMMMMOOOMMMMMMNOZZONMMMMMOOONMMMMMMZZONNOODNODMMMNOOOONMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMMMMNZOZOOOZOMMMMMMMOMMOO8MO
OOOOONMMMMMMMNOOZZOOOOZMMMMM8OONMMMMMOOOOOONMMMMNOOZMMMMM8ZZNMMZOOOOONMMOOOOOZMMMMMMOODMMMMMMMMMMMZZZOOOMMNMMMMMMMMZOOZO
MMMMMMMMMMMMDOODMMZOOMMMMMMOOOMMMMMMOOOOOOOONMMZOOMMMMMMOOOOOZMMNOOOOONMMZOOMMMMMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMONMOOOMMMMOOOMMMMMMOOOMMMMOOOMOOOOOMMMMOOOMMMMZOOOOOMMMM8OM8OOMMMZOOMMMMMMMMMOO8MMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOMOOOMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMOOOOOOMMMMMMOOOMMMMM8OOMMMOOOMMMOOOMMMMMMOOOMMDOOOOONMMMMMMMMOOOMMMOOOMMMMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOMMNOO8MMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMOOOOODMMMMMZOOMMMMMMZOOMMMOOOMMMMMNOODMMZOOMMMZOOMMMOOZMMMMMMMMZOOMMMOOZMMMMMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMMOOOMMMMMNOOOOOOMMMMMM
MMMMMMOOOMOOMMMMMMNOOZNMMMMNOOOMOOONMMMMMMOOOMMNOOOM8OONMMOOONMMMMMMMMNOOOMMNOOOMMMMMMMMDOONMOMMMMMNOOOMMMMMNONNOOOMMMMM
MMMMM8OOMMMMMMMMMMMMZZZMMMMM8OOOOOMMMMMMMMMOOOMMMOOOOO8MMDOOMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOMMMOOOMMMMMMMMOOOOOOMMMMMMOOOMMMMMMMM8OOMMMMM
((You have way too much time on your hands. In a good way.))

...the other was dressed in some sort of simple but still clearly important black black uniform without any noticeable insignia.
((As opposed to what? Orange black? Caucasian black?))

((O RLY))
((People name things for things all the time. It doesn't mean the things made, inspired, or were even connected to the things. Sometimes, things are connected with concepts that people who make things want to be associated with their things, so they name their things after the things.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16527 on: October 17, 2013, 02:30:50 pm »

((Oh yeah, I know that.  However, let me refer you to Lars, his blind obedience to the gods, and his 0 int score.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16528 on: October 17, 2013, 02:38:16 pm »

((@GWG: Well, there ARE image to ASCII converters. Humans usually go for symmetry in their ASCII art, whereas that picture has artifacts consistent with a computer generated image. Then again, piecewise IS a robot there might be a message hidden in the artifacts.))

((I remember someone finding a weapon with Made by Ingram written on it. Simus, I think? I'll check later...))
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 02:44:49 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16529 on: October 17, 2013, 03:00:46 pm »

((Search turned up nothing on that.))
Pages: 1 ... 1100 1101 [1102] 1103 1104 ... 1256