Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1091 1092 [1093] 1094 1095 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943220 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Slash and Burn
« Reply #16380 on: October 06, 2013, 04:26:12 pm »

((Way to give them important info. Let's hope they either don't hear it or don't believe it.

Also, Auron has Jump rockets. You'll need to give him a platform (palm) to jump up and hope he can hold on to something there and that he doesn't hit the ceiling.))

((What info? Cause that first part is Miya mumbling/thinking to himself, in case that isn't clear.

In fact, everything before 'turned on external comms again' is not heard by either of his teammates. So unless the enemy can only hear what Auron hears and not see what he sees, I don't think we gave away any info they wouldn't also get from simply 'looking' through his eyes. This way, hopefully they will be tricked into setting up defenses at the wrong place, after which we quickly circumvent them before they have time to redeploy.

Unless you were talking about something else entirely, of course.

Also, I'm going on the assumption here that this elevator shaft will have something like a ladder or something else to use for climbing. I'd be surprised if this shaft was a perfectly smooth hole (in which case doing repair or maintenance to this shaft would be highly inconvenient). ))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 05:12:25 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16381 on: October 06, 2013, 05:14:40 pm »

((Okay, now that I read it again it's not so important because they can guess some of those stuff. My bad.

I was talking about stuff like the fact you're the leader or that you want the command center intact.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16382 on: October 06, 2013, 05:18:55 pm »

((Okay, now that I read it again it's not so important because they can guess some of those stuff. My bad.

I was talking about stuff like the fact you're the leader or that you want the command center intact.))

((If they didn't already guess, even without reading/hijacking Auron's mind, that we were gunning for that command center, and that we would probably need it at least semi-intact, then they aren't as competent as we are fearing them to be. Unless there is an even more important location somewhere in this tower, but I kinda doubt the UWM would put all its eggs in one basket. Or they shouldn't, at least. And Steve probably would have told us if that was the case.

Besides, either Auron isn't being controlled anymore, in which case me saying anything doesn't matter, or he is, in which case they know this stuff already, cause they could easily tap it from his mind.

Finally, 'external comms' refers to normal radio contact, not external speakers (I admit I didn't make this very clear, I'll fix that now). So even if the whole place is littered with spy cams and microphones, that wouldn't do them any good.))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 05:35:58 pm by Radio Controlled »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16383 on: October 06, 2013, 05:32:00 pm »

((Oh, I thought it meant the speakers/alien vocal cords. Now it makes even more sense.

You could say a third plan through the speakers for even more chances for confusion.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16384 on: October 06, 2013, 05:44:31 pm »

((Oh, I thought it meant the speakers/alien vocal cords. Now it makes even more sense.

You could say a third plan through the speakers for even more chances for confusion.))

((Yeah, In retrospect I wasn't very clear in my post, thanks for pointing that out. Now PW won't draw wrong conclusions and run the turn faulty. Hooray for troubleshooting!))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16385 on: October 06, 2013, 06:06:45 pm »

((Im not sure but i think that the hidden roll:6 was actually my will save against being mindraped.

Still best to play it safe.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16386 on: October 06, 2013, 10:10:07 pm »

"Alright, you're the boss. But we aren't going outside. Not with possibly LESHO rifles pointing at us. Not even your Avatar would survive those."

Let Auron go first with Miyamoto and bring up the rear from a bit of a distance. Make sure to stay out from underneath either of them while they are climbing, incase they fall on me, but be prepared to DOOOOOOOOODGE.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #16387 on: October 07, 2013, 02:25:48 am »

Keep an eye out for anything that changes as soon as Mesk walks through the lasers.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16388 on: October 07, 2013, 03:13:34 am »

((God. Dammit i hope registration isn't locked yet, but anyway, if it isn't, i would like to put in a character.
Please.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Oh god i hope i did this right, tell me if i messed anything up!))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:29:07 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16389 on: October 07, 2013, 03:17:52 am »

I can't tell if there's anything wrong with the numbers, but it looks good to me. When piecewise sees you, just start doing stuff in the onship thread.
And yeah, registrations are never locked in this. Welcome to the forums! Hope you have a good stay.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16390 on: October 07, 2013, 03:23:39 am »

((You only get 20 points for stats, so shave off the extra 3 and you're good.

Also, you probably want the On-Ship thread (it's the one titled "Homeopathic Doses of Violence" right now), even though the mission is technically everywhere at this point. And whenever not posting in character, it's the accepted standard to enclose the OOC (out-of-character) portion in double parentheses - ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16391 on: October 07, 2013, 03:24:53 am »

((i just noticed that and i edited it before you posted, sorry about that, didn't count right again. thanks for the heads up. Alright, that should be good, sorry for the trouble.))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:29:48 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16392 on: October 07, 2013, 03:28:09 am »

Willpower:41, haha! got you there, ignorance!
((41? :P

A struckthrough 4 still looks like a 4. Just erase it. ^_^))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16393 on: October 07, 2013, 08:03:31 am »

"As you wish, General.  May the gods walk with you, Brother Mesk."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16394 on: October 07, 2013, 10:41:48 am »

((Have I said Miyamoto is awesome? Good news, he probably killed one or even more UEs along with a bunch of sods. Bad news, he probably killed every civvie that was in front of him and on this level too.))

If the camera hasn't spotted me yet, shoot it. Else, just go and crush it before it spots anyone else. If it has spotted all of us, just crush it anyway. Comment about damn paparazzis.
Open hatch with mine and Lukas' robostrength if necessary. Or just amp punch it or laser it if strength alone doesn't work.
Give Jim three of my grenades and spy cams, since there's a higher chance he'll need them. Remind him that he can use the first to block the line of sight the Executors need for their mind control amp and the second to extend his own.
Ask Steve and Jim:
"What do us giant robots do now? Dig down? Guard this point? Go up and help the others? Something else?"

Edit:((@GWG: Some of your problems seem to stem from lack info that I unfortunately can't write from my phone in a reasonable timeframe. Perhaps one of the others can enlighten you.))
You can't really tell if the camera has spotted you or anyone else, so you just smash it. You grab the hatch and pry it open, revealing a long circular shaft downwards with a ladder running down one wall. It's even more dimly lit then up here; just a blinking red emergency light every few dozen feet. It looks empty though.

> Your choice really. Digging down would take a while and you'd basically have to dig out the entire way there. Nowhere from here on is big enough for you. Going to help others is possible, but again, would take a while to get there. It's really up to you and Jim.

"Guard this point. I don't want to risk putting either - or both - of you back on that elevator until we have some control of this complex. Mesk, you're going first, since you have that regeneration and can survive a trap. I'll follow. Lars, you're after me."

Jim opens the hatch, waits to see if anything happens to Mesk, and then goes down second.
"Don't you know you're not supposed to send the doctor first?"

Go first anyway.

Mesk climbs into the shaft and down the ladder a good 20 feet. Nothing happens. He flashes a thumbs up back at Jim.

Lars shakes his head.  "I should go first, since I'm least valuable, but I will obey your command.  May Algis shield us all as we work the will of Steve."

Go last as ordered.  Be willing to go first if plans change.
Jim hops into the shaft, just barely managing to squeeze his massive pair of shoulders in. You follow, and together you descend all the way to the bottom.

The ladder leads to another hall, this one smaller then the one above. This hall is quite sort as well, maybe 30 feet long before it ends with a heavy blast door. The entire room flashes between pitch black and dull red as emergency lights cycle overhead.

((I made thread title, yaaay!
This involved killing dozens of innocent civilians, less yaaay.
Oh well, at least it might convince whoever gave the order to use them as shields saw that and thinks it was deliberate, meaning they might not try using civs as shields again.
Anyways, I'm saddened but not surprised in the least that Miya would be the first one to kill civs on this mission. At least we can point it down to overshooting with a manipulator, something that can't really be avoided anyway. Oh well, at least we tried saving them.
Interesting move he used though, even though using that laser would've done the same think basically. Didn't think something like that was possible, seeing how it must have used two different manips to get that effect (microwave for heat, vector/gravity? to get it moving). It also only used 1 roll, which could be interesting for future uses. Or maybe it did only use 1 manip, meaning we just found out a whole new technique for it.))

'Yes... burn.' Miyamoto thought.
He stared at the rampant destruction for a second, before his regular self came back to him, and with that, the crushing realization what he had just done.
'Wha... Wow. Goddamnit. GOD FRAKKING DAMN IT. I lost control again. This... thing I'm piloting is violent beyond my grasp. It's only a matter of time before I...

He glanced over to the two men under his command, waiting for him to make a move. Would he ever lose it badly enough to attack his own men? It could happen, he knew it, but not now. Not if he kept the control and restraint systems securely in place. Without those though... He didn't know what would happen. But it wouldn't be pretty, that's for sure.
'No, C'mon man, get a grip. Can't let them notice, whoever set this up better think this was deliberate, might make them not try it twice.'

He turned on his external comms again (to clarify, everything before this was thinking/mumbling to himself, external comms means normal radio channel, not saying stuff out loud):

"Okay, with that out of the way, let's keep going. We'll use the elevator shaft to climb up, lift itself is probably unusable by now anyway. And yes Bishop, I heard your proposal, but smashing through like that will take ages, and time is a privilege we just don't have right now. Besides, that laser just might burn up to the command center, and if that thing is sliced up it won't do us any good anymore.  C'mon, let's get going. Oh, and we'll get out 1 story before the top one, lest they try to ambush us at the top. Heh, bastards will never see us coming.

Oh, and Auron, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to go in first this time. Just in case, you know."

After that, while walking to the elevator shaft, he send a wristpad message to Bishop ONLY.
I was serious when I said your idea was a solid one. However, with Auron possibly compromised, it might be better to keep our plans to ourselves if possible. What we're really gonna do is get out of that shaft 5 stories below the top one, then quickly do the final stretch on the outside of the building. If we run into an ambush or anything while in that shaft though, like mines or sods aiming down, then we'll get out there and laser/smash our way up. So consider your plan the backup, in case this doesn't pan out. Oh, and don't tell Auron, if anyone is 'listening in' through him we could use that to our advantage. So don't start typing on your wristpad, Auron himself can't get suspicious either or he might blow our ruse.

Move to elevator, smash elevator door in. Quickly check whether the elevator is above or below us, if below then cut the cable and start climbing, if above then let it come down to our level, get in, smash through roof, climb out of it and then cut cable to let it plunge down.

Once we have access to the shaft, start climbing up. Keep cameyes peeled for traps or mines. Let Auron go first.

(Universal amp)
You stomp down the hall, headed for the elevator. The hall beyond the sods with their shields reveals a few more bodies, civ and sod, as well as what appears to be a supply room, but loaded with military hardware rather then brooms and copy paper. Unfortunately Miyamoto's most recent display of psychic destruction seems to have cut through here as well, leaving little behind. The team pokes around in the remnants of ashy plastic explosive and half melted riot shields before moving on. They find what they assume is the body of a Urban executor nearby, its shade cloak malfunctioning and cycling randomly under a body thats been half transformed into charcoal.

The walk to the elevator is a relatively short one from there. The doors are, of course, sealed shut. At least until Miyamoto puts one giant armored foot through them. He pries them out of their bracings and hurls them over his shoulder before sticking his head into the shaft and looking up and down. It's pitch black in the shaft, but his eyes let him see that the elevator is above them, a good 30 stories or so. Below is a drop of...hard to tell. Not the sort of drop you wanna make.

They wait for the elevator to descend. It doesn't. They call jim and ask him the code for the elevator, which doesn't work either. The key pad accepts it but it seems to have no effect on the elevator's position. Hmm.

((God. Dammit i hope registration isn't locked yet, but anyway, if it isn't, i would like to put in a character.
Please.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Oh god i hope i did this right, tell me if i messed anything up!))

Another escaped lunatic has been attracted!
Pages: 1 ... 1091 1092 [1093] 1094 1095 ... 1256