Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943058 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16185 on: September 24, 2013, 04:42:23 am »

Wait for Miyamoto and company to head in, then take cover by the door and provide covering fire. Keep an eye out for any grenades and alert my team of anything incoming.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16186 on: September 24, 2013, 10:15:49 am »

((I'm taking a detour and just trying to come up with a design for the Avatar without putting it into a picture.

Hope you don't mind me putting silly sketches here...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16187 on: September 24, 2013, 10:18:41 am »

((So the secret brain in the Avatar is Earthworm Jim?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16188 on: September 24, 2013, 10:28:33 am »

((dear god... what is the helmet above Jims head meant to be?
its creeping me out and i dunno why...

that said i found Earthworm Jim entertaining and i really like the Anubis head, it just seems so appropriate for an avatar of war to bear the likeness of a god of the underworld.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16189 on: September 24, 2013, 10:33:01 am »

((So the secret brain in the Avatar is Earthworm Jim?))
((Speaking of which.

^_^))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16190 on: September 24, 2013, 10:41:57 am »

((Welp.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16191 on: September 24, 2013, 10:42:57 am »

((dear god... what is the helmet above Jims head meant to be?
its creeping me out and i dunno why...
((I looked up "mass production Eva" and it gave me a somewhat interesting-looking mecha. I tried to replicate the basic shape, but failed miserably. The shape reminded me of a Shai-hulud... which in turn reminded me that the whole thing, under the cape and the armor, is basically a giant white-skinned super robot bodybuilder suit with an elongated head on a long neck...))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16192 on: September 24, 2013, 01:22:42 pm »

(@ SC: you sure you want Jim to continue hanging? Because this is the point in the plan where Miyamoto is going to storm in to distract/punch the sods while the rest of the team gives cover fire and moves through that one door while fanning out.

@ Pariah: in case Auron is following the current plan, would you mind altering your action a bit? Mostly because, since PW does these posts in chronological order, he could end up shooting before the AoW has a chance to enter.))

"Kay guys, we move in. Me and Jim first, then Lukas, then Flint, then the rest of you. Fan out once you enter, steady your aim and shoot to kill. Oh, and as long as you're not using a heavy weapon of sorts, don't worry to much about hitting me, this suit can take it pretty well.
Jim, you try to save your 'mindpoints' a bit, you'll need them soon enough. Maybe just try to send heavy projectiles back to their owner, or take out sods with heavy weapons. "

Move in, put Jim down if he requests this let Jim stay right where he is. Once inside, rush over to the most densely-packed group of sods, use broadsword in right hand to incapacitate them and flammenferwer in left to take out groups quickly. Only use namite thrower if there are no teammates (other than Jim, who can take it) nearby. Disabling/preventing as many sods as possible from shooting back is more important than killing blows. Try to position myself so that teammates have a shot at the sods. 
The doors to get inside are relatively small. You're relatively big...

You stick your fingers through the ballistic glass windows metal reinforcements and tear your way into the building. Even the sods, dense as they are, clearly recognize whats going on. There are maybe ten of them in the area directly around you, but none of them are close enough to be called "densely grouped". Eight of them charge you instantly, two run in the opposite direction, away from you and toward the outside wall.
[Dex:1+1+1]
You swing your blade around at the charging Sods, holding it like a pocket knife with much too small of a handle. You manage to hit a few of the sods with the flat of the blade, which sends them flying, but most manage to close the distance and start clambering all over you, jamming live grenades into joints and divots in your armor.

wait for miyamoto to enter then run over to the door, stick my gun arm around the corner and open fire on the sods as well as any large metal objects they are in contact with.

[uncon:3+1]
You manage to take down one of the sods that Miyamoto batted away, hitting him in the chest with a burst of laser guided lightning. He jerks and smolders for a second before falling to the ground.

(@ SC: you sure you want Jim to continue hanging? Because this is the point in the plan where Miyamoto is going to storm in to distract/punch the sods while the rest of the team gives cover fire and moves through that one door while fanning out.

@ Pariah: in case Auron is following the current plan, would you mind altering your action a bit? Mostly because, since PW does these posts in chronological order, he could end up shooting before the AoW has a chance to enter.))

"Kay guys, we move in. Me and Jim first, then Lukas, then Flint, then the rest of you. Fan out once you enter, steady your aim and shoot to kill. Oh, and as long as you're not using a heavy weapon of sorts, don't worry to much about hitting me, this suit can take it pretty well.
Jim, you try to save your 'mindpoints' a bit, you'll need them soon enough. Maybe just try to send heavy projectiles back to their owner, or take out sods with heavy weapons. "

Move in, put Jim down if he requests this let Jim stay right where he is. Once inside, rush over to the most densely-packed group of sods, use broadsword in right hand to incapacitate them and flammenferwer in left to take out groups quickly. Only use namite thrower if there are no teammates (other than Jim, who can take it) nearby. Disabling/preventing as many sods as possible from shooting back is more important than killing blows. Try to position myself so that teammates have a shot at the sods. 

Move in directly after Miyamoto and Jim and start shooting targets that are not too close to any allies.
[Con:5+1]
You lumber in after Miyamoto and point your hand at the remaining sods that Miyamoto had smacked away. A 3 second burst of gauss Gatling gun fire reduces them and the ground their standing on into bloody metal mulch.

"Sure thing boss! They won't know what hit 'em!"

While Miyamoto moves in, check the ceiling and wall at the opposite side of the room for any high places the battlesuit could sit on/hang from. ((I want to gain an advantage by attacking them from behind, at the very least causing them to further divide their attention. Higher ground should also mean less possibilities for cover. And if they decide to focus on me, it means they aren't watching what is going on, since it's a bit hard to look around you while also looking up.))

If I find that place, fly there after Miyamoto has the Sods' attention. If I don't, just find a good firing position away from the door and go there.

Start mining the Sods that look the most dangerous to me or my teammates.

"Got it, but if you get in trouble I'm frying these sons of bitches." Jim paused for a moment. "...If Sods really are clones then I may have also just insulted my own 'mother'..."
"Well, they were probably not made by the same DNA template or cloning device. Unless you're like some kind of clone god and consider all clones your brothers. That's a good idea for a cult for after this war is over. If you're into that kind of stuff."
Seeing as things are a bit...different...and that climbing on the ceiling and lasering miyamoto isn't what you probably want to so, I'm gonna have you instead run over and try to yank the sods off.
[Dex:3+1]
You run over to Miyamoto and start tearing sods off his back, crushing them and hurling their bodies away as  you do.  You manage to get them off and kill them, but the grenades they planted are still ticking away.

"Forward, brothers!  Send forth the glory of Steve in convenient bullet-shaped packets!"

Once the Giant Robot Overlords have made their entrance, move in and start taking down targets of opportunity.  Check ceiling height and remember that evading upward is now an option.
The ceiling is fairly high, 6 or 7 meters or so.

By the time you make it through the door, the robot overlords have basically slaughtered all the aggressive sods, but there are two more, who are currently sprinting away from everyone. You decide to take aim at them.
[Con:3+2]
You fire twice, putting a round into the back of each of their heads. Clean. Efficient. No doubt divine intervention.

Jim continues to hang out on Miyamoto's back for the moment for the sheer novelty of actually being smaller than someone else for once and will boil the brains of any sods, should it become necessary to do so. But he'll wait until anyone who wants to shoot first does so.
"OI!" you shout at the sods climbing all over Miyamoto "No passengers allowed! This seat's taken!"  You kick them repeatedly while Flint tears them off and hurls them across the room. As he does so, you notice the explosives they've planted.

[exo:5+2-2]

You flick your wrist and, with one motion, pull every grenade out of Miyamoto's armor and hurl them straight through the window on the opposite side of the room. They fall out of site and, a few seconds later, the dull bangs of their detonation ring out somewhere below.

Wait for a clear shot to an uncovered sod that's nowhere near a teammate or anything valuable, and fire.

You run in and find the room completely de-sodded. Well, at least there are no live ones. Plenty of dead ones in one to three pieces.

...they're plain metal bars and bent to hell, so you doubt anyone would want one.
((Can they fit in the Poison Pill Machine?))

Start mining the Sods that look the most dangerous to me or my teammates.
(("Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to war we go..." *whistling*))
As they are, no. too thick.

Wait for Miyamoto and company to head in, then take cover by the door and provide covering fire. Keep an eye out for any grenades and alert my team of anything incoming.
"Hey Miyamoto they...No wait, jim got em."

You lean against the doorway. Seems you're a bit late to the party.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16193 on: September 24, 2013, 01:55:26 pm »

"Well, this went pretty well, all things considered. Not as planned, but pretty well." said Flint inspecting the gory remains of the vat grown soldiers. "I think the moral of this story is never let sods get close to you and/or overwhelm you."

"Okay, Steve says ARES is towards the left and the Main Control Room is towards the right. Do we stick with the original plan?" he added as he scanned the room.

EDIT:"Hmmm... the ones that run away must have been trying to alert their superiors. Good thing you stopped them Lars. Well done. Although one of the civilians will probably alert them to what's going on, they won't have good intel."

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:12:32 pm by Parisbre56 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16194 on: September 24, 2013, 02:19:32 pm »

"Well, this went pretty well, all things considered. Not as planned, but pretty well." said Flint inspecting the gory remains of the vat grown soldiers. "I think the moral of this story is never let sods get close to you and/or overwhelm you."
((My next invention shall be based on the Gungnir, and will involve a disco ball.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16195 on: September 24, 2013, 02:23:04 pm »

((You could just use 2 Tesla Arcs. Or a Tesla Arc and an unfocused laser if you want better range.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16196 on: September 24, 2013, 02:53:24 pm »

"Good job everyone, that went smoothly. Lukas, Auron, Lars, nice shooting. Flint, thanks for the help, those guys were like bugs crawling all over me. Bugs with frakking grenades. And excellent amp work Jim, as usual.

Now, you all know the plan. Bishop, Auron, form up behind me, keep your eyes peeled for more sods.
Jim, maybe have one of your team check what those two sods that made a run for it were going to, just to be safe. Oh, and could you maybe make the handle of this sword a bit longer? It's a bit unwieldy right now, heh."

Let Jim work on the sword if he wants to. Then, after scanning for more potential enemies and if his two teammates are ready, he starts going in the direction of the main control room.

Then, noticing that some teammates hadn't moved yet, Miyamoto turned around and held up his broadsword, pointing it forwards.

"Let's get a move on here! C'mon you apes, you wanna live forever?"

((Also, I'd say that went according to plan as well as could be expected given the circumstances. Miyamoto distracted them, rest of team blew them away with impunity, Jim provided support.

@ PW: beyond this point, would it be safe for Miya to use the heavy laser yet? Safe, as in will it not doom everyone in the sword or the building by collapsing it?

Also, say that all of those grenades would have detonated, could you give an idea of how damaging that would have been? Just to get a bit of an idea of an AoW's protective capabilities.))
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:59:05 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16197 on: September 24, 2013, 03:06:13 pm »

Lars bows his head.  "Praise be to Ingram, for he hath guided my shots.  Amen."

He turns toward Miyamoto.  "I will follow General Jim.  If he commands, I can check the direction the sods were running, but I don't see it getting anything.  We should make haste."

Check the direction the Sods were running if Jim approves, getting speed from the jets.  Follow Jim toward ARES, keeping watch for hostiles. otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:14:57 pm by Toaster »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16198 on: September 24, 2013, 03:10:11 pm »

(.___.)

"Good idea, but maybe we should ask some guys on the Defense team. They gotta be bored back there," Jim said, releasing Miyamoto and lightly dropping to the ground. "And about your sword, I can give it a shot if we have any scrap metal around."

Quote from: James Kelly to (General Shipwide Announcement)
Jim here. A couple of Sods were running for the outside wall and it might be a good idea to see what they were going for. Why don't two or three of you get your asses down here and check it out while we get down to business?

If there's scrap metal around, Jim will attempt to use his amps to lengthen the handle of Miyamoto's sword to an appropriate size. If there isn't or after he's done, he'll send a message and lead his team toward the ARES.

(Wait, I missed it. Lars got the runners. >.>; Will edit post accordingly.)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:15:06 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16199 on: September 24, 2013, 03:15:38 pm »

"A sound plan, General Jim.   Truly divine wisdom guides your hand."

(action edited for clarity)
Pages: 1 ... 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 ... 1256