Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1075 1076 [1077] 1078 1079 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943762 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16140 on: September 21, 2013, 02:45:25 pm »

((I officially name the technique that Jim has just been using as "Popping the cork". It fits quite well I think.))

((I was thinking "Champagne Maneuver", but that works.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16141 on: September 21, 2013, 03:22:21 pm »

(That decomp was well worth it. ^^^ You're welcome, Flint. Also, the civvies were considered 'clear' last turn, guys. :P)

If Miyamoto advances enough for Jim to see the Sods inside the building, he'll use his Manipulation amp to internally decapitate each of them. Probably less work than to pop their heads off.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16142 on: September 21, 2013, 03:41:22 pm »

(Also, the civvies were considered 'clear' last turn, guys. :P)
((The gangway is clear. There are still civilians on the other side of those doors though. Or at least there were, last turn (see my action). But you can probably safely decapitate them.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16143 on: September 21, 2013, 03:51:25 pm »

(Ah, OK. Didn't see that. ^^^;)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16144 on: September 21, 2013, 04:27:44 pm »

((Welp, my guess that the sods know the ins and outs of a battlesuit turned out to be horrifyingly correct. But hey, at least we learned about that hatch release button. We knew about the weak spots in the joints (from bishops VR fight a good while back), though I didn't think one could lock them up like that. Interesting.))

"Heya Jim, are you like the view up here? You should have told me you'd be hitching a ride, I'd had provided some snacks or a minibar or something.

Anyways, Bishop, Auron, help Flint with his suit if he needs it. Lukas, I need you to keep your guns trained on that doorway. Rest of you, stay on your toes and spread out a bit."

Go forth until Jim can do what he's trying to do. If sods start pouring out of the door/attacking, put Jimbo down and engage in melee. Ask Steve following:

Hey Steve, how resistant are those sods to fire/heat damage? Specifically, could I use my namite thrower with any effect?

((By the way, from the other thread:
You run and hide behind a box and observe, with some difficulty because of the distance and interference of the crowd, as the sods swarm Miyamoto.

I assume you meant Flint/Gilgamesh? Or was that a vision of what's to follow? *ominous music*))

((@SC: I think a sphere of heat at the base of their neck/in their brain is the least taxing on your mind pool, while also lethal. Not sure though.))

"Stupid vat grown soldiers. So, I see about... ten Sods in there, maybe more. Do we go in and hope they haven't been ordered to shoot armed people or do we wait for the civilians to clear and then kill em? Or maybe our manipulator users can kill them without harming civilians?"

Get the batons out of my legs and give them to whoever wants them.
Check the layout of the room beyond and ask Steve which way to the ARES elevator and the Main Control Room elevator.
Follow any orders given by Jim or Miyamoto.

EDIT: "Or I can pop a smoke grenade to conceal our movements. That's an option too."

"We could wait for the civvies to get out, but that takes precious time again. After that we either go in for melee of hose them down, though that cramped doorway is to our disadvantage. Unless we make our own door, but that'll make defending the gangway harder later on.
Hmm. We could also amp 'em all dead, though that would leave Jim with less 'mind reserves' to work with, and it might take a while

I know. I'll let jim use his amps to safely take out some of them until the area is cleared. After that, I put him down, and I go in and enter melee. You guys shoot them while they're busy with me, Lukas will take point in this. Though don't use any heavy weapons or alien stuff or amps if you're inexperienced, please I like my hide intact.

Understood everybody? Jim, you ok with this?"

"Remember that Steve has urged us to hasten forward.  Could we fire warning shots to speed up the civilians leaving?"

"I'm preeetty sure they're already running as fast as they can, Lars. But you're right, we need to keep moving here, can't let them bog us down."

((@ Sean: if you're going to draw an AoW, would it be a general representation, or would it be Miya specifically? Oh, and if it helps, I remember PW saying synthflesh looks kinda like this
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 04:37:46 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16145 on: September 21, 2013, 04:39:14 pm »

"No arguments here," Jim said. Steve had wanted Miya to do all the tactics, so he was happy to let the man work.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16146 on: September 21, 2013, 07:54:56 pm »

Goddamn it... stupid lifelocks...

grab the batons and drop them in my pack, they are something at least.
Switch mounted weapons to gungnir.
Follow the others in and fire upon the sods as i move towards cover, prioritise those behind metal objects.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16147 on: September 21, 2013, 08:22:26 pm »

"Well, if they're not already running now, a Miracle of Steve sending a Sod head or two flying may speed their passage."

Stick with the team- continue to covering fire.  Avoid civilian casualties.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16148 on: September 22, 2013, 01:47:40 am »

((@ Sean: if you're going to draw an AoW, would it be a general representation, or would it be Miya specifically? Oh, and if it helps, I remember PW saying synthflesh looks kinda like this
((I doubt there's any distinction at the moment - it's not like you've done any customizing of the base model yet. Plus it'll be hard enough to make it look distinct with the cloak and armor and all.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16149 on: September 22, 2013, 03:56:15 am »

((Add a wizard riding a unicorn. Riding a dragon. Or Jim piggybacking.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16150 on: September 22, 2013, 10:45:09 am »

((Maybe someone else on the team standing next to it to give it some scale? That would be pretty cool.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16151 on: September 22, 2013, 10:54:52 am »

((Maybe someone else on the team standing next to it to give it some scale? That would be pretty cool.))
((Yeah, I was thinking of something along those lines as well.

No drawing yet, just kind of a sketch of a sketch. Trying to broad-stroke the design elements.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16152 on: September 22, 2013, 11:10:20 am »

((Not exactly good scale since even Jim is bigger than a normal person, but it looks pretty cool so far. The Avatar needs a more clearly defined head though and definately a longer neck.

For some reason, I keep coming back to something like this in my head:

I think Avatars do actually have a tesla sabre that comes with them free. I'm not sure, but the ones in the VR did.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16153 on: September 22, 2013, 01:38:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hey, Sean, can you put this in your list?
I smile every time I read this. A man comes out of the VR only to see that right next to him are terrified men with booze in one hand and a gun in another, one of them trying to create an armor out of trays, another saluting and in the center of it all, Ivan the cicada demon, completely oblivious to what's going on around him.
I know you prefer to draw a few people at a time, but I just had to put this out there.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 01:40:19 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16154 on: September 22, 2013, 02:13:02 pm »

((Or maybe the valiant battle against Charl--I mean Crawler?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1075 1076 [1077] 1078 1079 ... 1256