Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1061 1062 [1063] 1064 1065 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3936979 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15930 on: August 28, 2013, 10:49:44 am »

"Send a shuttle Steve."

send message.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15931 on: August 28, 2013, 11:19:32 am »

"Good to finally hear you, Steve. Something did happen to the base, it sort of got eaten along with most of our vehicles and supplies. Or what was left of them by then. We need a shuttle here, and a radiation-proof container. We have a highly radioactive crystal shard with us, among other things, and we don't want it to damage anything.

Also I hope you have our position because the radio beacon is likely to be eaten like the base was - there's a giant underground creature hunting by radiowaves around here. We need that shuttle as soon as possible.
"

Send message, help round up stray people, gather our belongings and samples, and make sure we haven't forgotten anything.
((Does Anton still have the Red Hand? It would be terrible to leave it there with the beacon. A terrible loss of five tokens.))
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:24:19 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15932 on: August 28, 2013, 11:47:46 am »

Lars continues to sing as he helps get everything ready.

Help everyone get ready.  Grab a soil sample for good luck and a rock.  Write in the ground with the rock "STEVE WAS HERE."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15933 on: August 28, 2013, 12:20:06 pm »

To Steve: "Moving fast... exactly how fast are we talking about here? Because we had a mind to capture several creatures which do not survive well outside their zones for long on your arrival.

Specifically, a tree-climbing beetle and a rock-eating snail. Miyamoto and Lucas have the ability to capture them. Alternatively, we could pin you their location and describe the surroundings, and you could send professionals who would do it faster. Responce?"

Describe the creatures, their sorroundings, and their location if necessary.

Unhook the trailer from the MPV. Get in the MPV.
(You know the drill. My pet helps with the Aux rolls.)

Calm Bishop down. With a speech roll.

((To Paris: You might also be able to capture Paraselsus Sword.))
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:06:35 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15934 on: August 28, 2013, 12:24:05 pm »

If the shuttle arrives this turn, tie one of my drones on its underside and have it both transmit and record.

((I'm really curious to see how this planet looks from higher up and what lies beyond the sandstorm.))

@Steve: "We also have one of the things responsible for the base's destruction, if you're interested in sending equipment or recovery teams. An orange goo that mimics materials that touch it, replicates itself, has a shield and can fire powerful lasers. It's inactive right now but it will activate the moment something touches it. It is not resistant to cold in this state though, so you could just freeze a piece and fly it back to the ship while keeping it frozen. Unfortunately we don't have the kind of equipment that could freeze such a large area for so long, or I would go there and grab it myself. It's in the trench near the gravity seep."

((To Paris: You might also be able to capture Paraselsus Sword.))
((Based on what piecewise has said, if I remember correctly, the Sword looks a lot like a rather uninteresting giant rectangle with external modules and weapons on rails dotting its outside surface.))
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:33:24 pm by Parisbre56 »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15935 on: August 28, 2013, 12:30:33 pm »

"Didn't you listen to the computer?! We're getting off this rock before it goes into a jump and we all die! Fuck the samples, I want to live!" Bishop sharply reminds the sample obsessed crazy man.

"Steve, I've missed the sound of your mechanical, green, uncaring vocal software, so it's good to hear you. Now get us the hell out of here before a giant worm comes back to eat us, along with the rest of the base."

Prep for extraction! Help pack the samples and any data safely for boarding the shuttle and slap the idiot who wants to go get more before this rock goes into a jump we can't survive.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15936 on: August 28, 2013, 12:43:54 pm »

((By the way, does anyone object to me using Speech Rolls as Jedi mind powers? I mean, it's already been confirmed that I'm a witch, now I just have to wave my hand and say "Ye shall do what I say".))

"Bishop, if we do not have the time for any of that, the computer will tell us that we do not have enough time for any of that. Now stop being so panicky and chill out. It's almost over, so try to retain your composure for the next half-hour."

Action Edited.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:47:15 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15937 on: August 28, 2013, 12:47:27 pm »

((I see no way this can go wrong.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15938 on: August 28, 2013, 04:44:25 pm »

"That was the longest year of my life."

Grab any samples I can carry, and see if there are any small bits of metal about the size of bullets around. Ball bearings, pieces of shrapnel, stuff like that. Then gather my stuff, and wait at the extraction point, watching for that storm.

((I won't shoot this one, don't worry.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15939 on: August 28, 2013, 04:48:40 pm »

((Needed limbs are free, additional limbs are not.))

wait for the shuttle to land then stow myself and my footlocker aboard.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:31:48 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15940 on: August 28, 2013, 05:17:43 pm »

((By the way, does anyone object to me using Speech Rolls as Jedi mind powers? I mean, it's already been confirmed that I'm a witch, now I just have to wave my hand and say "Ye shall do what I say".))

((Or, y'know, you fail a speech roll

[Speech: 1+1 ]
You insult Bishops mother, calling her a variety of derogatory names and vegetable-related insults.
[Bishop Will: 1]
He does not take it well.
[Bishop dex:3+1]
[Bishop str: 4+1]
[Vich dex: 2]
He scoots over to you and uppercuts you right in the groin. Right in the groin.
[Vich end: 1]
Your testicles explode violently inward. Dammit, those'll have to drop again. After they stop being embedded in your liver that is.))

>Receiving signal.  I assume something has happened to the base since I'm not getting ALVIN's signal. Regardless, the Planetoid is getting near it's departure time, so we've gotta move fast here, you can't survive an unprotected jump. Do you have a shuttle left or should I send one?

"You'll have to send over a shuttle I'm afraid, our last one got... Roughed up during our time here. In fact, you might want to send two, one for us and one for the samples, seeing as how some of them are highly radioactive.

Also, sorry about the the base. And ALVIN. They both got kinda... eaten. It's a long story.

Hey Bishop, don't worry, we're getting off of here as fast as humanly possible. No time for gathering any more samples anyway, so we're just gonna leave and let this planetoid soak in its own weirdness for as long as it wants."

Ask for pickup, guide shuttle(s) toward safe landing zone.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15941 on: August 28, 2013, 05:25:50 pm »

...there's a giant underground creature hunting by radiowaves around here.
((...Aw. I missed a lot, didn't I?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15942 on: August 28, 2013, 05:29:09 pm »

People saying speech rolls could be a bad idea.
((That would only be on a roll of one. On a roll of 2 I just stutter a lot and embarrass myself in front of everyone. Safer than almost any other roll I could make. I am more worried about an overshoot + low Will. Because it will probably be mind-control.

Also, I think people are making unfounded assumptions that anything left under the shuttle wouldn't be crushed during landing.))
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:33:41 pm by Thearpox »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15943 on: August 28, 2013, 05:32:16 pm »

steve i have tied a sample container to the bottom of the shuttle, if you wish to obtain a sample of the mimic goo fly us over the trench and scoop up a sample then punch the accelerator and get us out of range before it can form itself.
((Wouldn't it form under the shuttle, in the capsule?))

Head over to the LZ and wait nearby.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15944 on: August 28, 2013, 05:48:42 pm »

((That makes no sense. The shuttle is landed. I tie something under it. Why would it be crushed if the shuttle has already landed?))
Pages: 1 ... 1061 1062 [1063] 1064 1065 ... 1256