Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1058 1059 [1060] 1061 1062 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937219 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15885 on: August 26, 2013, 12:05:12 pm »

((I thought it left small pools everywhere when it exploded... also i decided even aggravating one of those small samples prematurely would be unwise and was already editing my post to avoid... complications... :)

I suppose i could always make a fishing net and just leave it in the trench till we get picked up.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15886 on: August 26, 2013, 12:54:35 pm »

"Alright, I'll do that." If only because we're so close to the finish line. Funny, before I came here, I never would have expected HMRC to care about casualties.

To Denzel: "Well, I suppose we should follow orders. Although funnily enough, if the Bighex 9 the one with the White Domes, we can still head there. One of the few known sectors I haven't personally seen, should be interesting."

Head to hex 9, through the corridor between the motion anomalies.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15887 on: August 26, 2013, 02:16:17 pm »

Bishop sighs as he looks over the wreckage, shaking his head.

"Right. Lukas, you get to work on fixing up what's left of the base with whatever plating you can find. Don't weld anything, just get the plates and scrap ready for me. I'll get to work on this transmitter for signalling the shuttle."

He promptly turns to glare and level a finger at everyone at this point, slowly sweeping across everyone as he tries to communicate even a small part of his anger through such a simple gesture.

"None of you fuckers are to touch it! I mean it! I will cut you if you do!"

Start taking apart the shuttle salvage and base wreckage for transmitter parts and what I could turn into transmitter parts, and look around for what tools I've got on hand. Check up on the roof and in the base to see if there's anything I could use to send a signal.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15888 on: August 26, 2013, 04:01:57 pm »

Bishop, this'll go faster if you focus on the salvage and shelter, I'll take care of a new transmitter if the old new one is even gone. Though this time, hooked up to only one radio, probably Gilgamesh's, so we don't get any more intergalactic sermon attempts.

Investigate with Bishop about the antenna, if it's still intact, bring it out to where Miyamoto is. If not, attempt to scavenge parts to fabricate a new one, also where Miyamoto is.

((From the map I've seen, the antenna itself might be intact, up to GM))
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 04:30:13 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15889 on: August 26, 2013, 07:48:48 pm »

Lars shakes his head.  "It is by the will of the gods that we are still alive."

Be generally helpful with supplies/shelter or whatever.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15890 on: August 27, 2013, 02:33:39 am »

"Well what now leader?"*looks at authority figure/nearest not madman*
Wait for instructions from superiors / not madman, follow said instructions
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15891 on: August 27, 2013, 03:35:44 am »

"Right. Lukas, you get to work on fixing up what's left of the base with whatever plating you can find. Don't weld anything, just get the plates and scrap ready for me. I'll get to work on this transmitter for signalling the shuttle."

"Right, sounds good to me."

Carefully approach the base. If it looks and feels safe enough, gather plates and scrap for Bishop and put them on a neat pile.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15892 on: August 27, 2013, 04:47:46 am »

"We still have a few drones left. We could just send them into sectors that we know to be relatively safe, and just didn't explore. Like sector 2, and maybe sector 4 if we tell them to fly low, or fly manually. Just a proposition. If you mount that beacon on Gilgamesh it should remain safe, and once the supplies are scattered there won't even be a base left to attack here."

Access the suit's computer and try to find the helmetcam feed. See how far back the archive goes, and if any important discoveries are in danger of being overwritten. If needed, download the relevant segments to the datapad. Start helping with moving the supplies.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15893 on: August 27, 2013, 05:53:12 am »

Find or make a rock slab and use that to scoop up some analyzer blobs and bring them back to base without triggering them.

If I have enough time, send a mapping drone to map the purple goo sea.

((I'm nearly done on updating my notes for what seems to be one of the last times and I just noticed something. Did Blue team ever return one those electroworm scales they found back to base?))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:07:33 pm by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15894 on: August 27, 2013, 12:22:18 pm »

Everyone

As the team moves off to do it's own things, something very strange starts to happen. The sky; normally a boring, near starless, black expanse, begins to change. Flowing, luminescent clouds, like great nebulae, bleed into being against the black and tempest about. Everyone's suits begin reading radiation spikes and radio distortion. Streams of luminescence, like auroras but far to bright and fast moving, twitch and curl overhead.

Time is up.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15895 on: August 27, 2013, 12:34:37 pm »

Lars looks up, gasps, and falls to his knees.

"THE GODS ARE COMING TO SAVE US!  ALL PRAISE TO THE PANTHEON!  SING PRAISES TO THE GLORIOUS NAME OF STEVE!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15896 on: August 27, 2013, 12:48:01 pm »

"I knew I shouldn't had spiked the supplies with xeno spit..."

Hide under my flatground sample in the hopes that it will keep me safe. Does this look like what I saw in the sky of the anomalous motion zone's "stop" section?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:53:37 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15897 on: August 27, 2013, 12:57:04 pm »

Wait on bike.

"Calling dibs on this rocket bike."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:02:41 pm by Tavik Toth »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15898 on: August 27, 2013, 01:18:35 pm »

Anton stares at the roiling skies.

"Что за на... That does not look good. What could be causing..."

A thought suddenly hits him. Electrified radioactive anomalies, vector anomalies, gravity anomalies, spatial translocation domes... all on one concentrated spot on one absolutely messed up planetoid going from nowhere to nowhere.

He drives quickly back to Bishop and Simus, shouting into the radio to overpower the static and distortions.

"Oh... hell no. Miyamoto! You mentioned that we're close to the deadline? Recall the briefing! Anomalous Planetoids are rarely sighted because they disappear into hyperspace! I don't know how, but I suspected this all along - this place is a giant, naturally occurring hyperdrive! And it's powering up to jump! We've got to drop everything and get that beacon up! If the Sword doesn't find us in time, we'll be gone for decades!"

Anton pauses, thinking that last bit over. "Though I can't say that it wouldn't be an interesting alternative to returning to HMRC service, heh."

Help whoever else is doing it set up the LZ beacon so that we can be picked up.

((Anton's memory of the briefing may be spotty at this point, because even mine is. But it was something to that effect, and I did suspect that from roughly the moment that we found the radioactive powerplant, the negative energy flatlands and the time-warp fields. But I assumed that the base was the control center, implanted here to try and steer the place like a ship, with us trying to find enough data to do so.))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:22:40 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15899 on: August 27, 2013, 01:32:18 pm »

((This universe works with jump points that you can enter only with specific speeds and trajectories. This planetoid and others like it wanders from jump point to jump point. By observing where these planetoids disapper, humanity maps the jump point network. The UWM closely watches these planetoids, both to ensure that any new jump points are mapped and that no alien civilization watches them enough to learn their secrets. At least that was what Steve and the UWM said.

So no, no jump drives here. We may be approaching a jump point though. We've never seen what one looks like before. Maybe they're all radioactive nebulae.

EDIT: Or even better, that might be the Sword jumping in. That may be what jumps look like.))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:38:09 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 1058 1059 [1060] 1061 1062 ... 1256