Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937431 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15855 on: August 24, 2013, 07:36:24 pm »

"Well, guys, since we don't have that long until it's time to get picked up, why don't we just scatter the supplies around a bit to that if we don't lose one group, we don't die of starvation before Steve arrives. It may seem unnecessary, but I really don't want to have one tiny mistake kill us by this point. Alternatively, we could each just carry out own."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15856 on: August 24, 2013, 07:47:35 pm »

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!.... err.. i mean, hey miyamoto did you want to finally dig up that radiation shard and stick it in a container before our pickup arrives?

Speaking of which, is mesks bucket still intact or are we all hitching a ride in the vault?

check how much plastic sheeting is still in the barracks, if theres enough to cover a small goo glob carry it outside along with a length of electrical cabling.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15857 on: August 24, 2013, 08:38:55 pm »

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!.... err.. i mean, hey miyamoto did you want to finally dig up that radiation shard and stick it in a container before our pickup arrives?

Speaking of which, is mesks bucket still intact or are we all hitching a ride in the vault?

check how much plastic sheeting is still in the barracks, if theres enough to cover a small goo glob carry it outside along with a length of electrical cabling.
((Wait, which goo?))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15858 on: August 24, 2013, 08:55:36 pm »

"Uh, guys? We gonna follow that worm, or just say fuck it and run?"

Begin a thorough search for ammo, or things that could be used as ammo when the shit hits the crap encrusted fan.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:24:34 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15859 on: August 24, 2013, 08:55:36 pm »

((from when the crystal colossus exploded))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15860 on: August 24, 2013, 08:58:10 pm »

"Uh, guys? No air in the base. At all. Might wanna fix that helmet so Lars doesn't suffocate."

See if any rooms could be made airtight easily, and ponder how to fix them quickly.
((You gave him your helmet, didn't you? He's fine.

By the way, I'd RP Vich seeing the base, and his reactions to seeing it, but I've decided not to do it because I already have a significant wall of text. It's one thing when you just have a short action, and you add RP, but adding a wall of text to a wall of text just doesn't seem fair.))

"I just want to remind everyone that there is still a storm advancing on us. I don't know how long it will take to reach us, if it will ever, but if it does, anything we left out on the planes will be immediately swept away. And I don't know if even the standing buildings will be enough to shield our supplies. It may be in our best interest to leave groups of supplies up North at least, not here.

As for the radiation shard, I assume we will pick it up when Steve actually arrives. I assume he will give us a little time to gather samples, especially for capturing the creatures living in the Iron Sea and the Beetles, since they don't exactly survive long without their natural habitat.

And finally, Simus. I know you just said that we shouldn't be wandering off right now, because we don't have the capacity to deal with the casualties. But really, I think you're being overprotective. Those of us in robotic bodies can still explore this place just fine, they don't exactly need the replacement limbs. And then humans can act as a support. And additionally, spreading out will actually be beneficial to us, warning us to the dangers. Remember that Alvin and his sensors are gone, we will now be caught unawares if something once again happens.
I believe we should continue exploring this place, simply being more careful than before. Or perhaps simply start researching the already uncovered territories, something we've long neglected. But in either case, spreading out, keeping watch for different anomalies approaching us is a must. At the very least, keep a watch out for that Storm, and for any more radioactive shards flying out of the radioactive anomaly."

To Denzel: "Regarding scattering the supplies, I'm thinking of takong the MPV, and circling the Purple Lake, leaving piles of supplies along the way. By the time we reach unexplored areas, we should be empty, and then we could continue exploring, around the lake and so on. Still need to deal with the "nobody leaves" order, but are you with me?"

What about the third drone I have sent South-East to map out the rest of the Storm?
What about the third drone I have sent South-East to map out the rest of the Storm?

Also keep track of the Storm's advancement using the first drone I left.

Do we still have the MPV with the trailer left? I remember it was not brought inside the base.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:10:52 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15861 on: August 24, 2013, 09:10:45 pm »

((He gave it back, and took his jar helmet of vacuum protection back.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15862 on: August 24, 2013, 09:12:19 pm »

((He gave it back, and took his jar helmet of vacuum protection back.))
((That was Miyamoto, not Lars. And he's inside Gilagamesh, so he's fine too.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15863 on: August 24, 2013, 09:13:47 pm »

Do recall that I am one of the ones in robotic bodies. I would say I know a bit more about them, as such. And I happen to know that if I were to lose a leg - and by lose, I mean the leg being damaged into uselessness, not clean separation, which is rare, the leg is still lost, even if I cannot die from it exposing me to vacuum or exsanguinating me.

However, on the topis of the radiation shard, and  the magmatic or volcanic creatures, I agree - Steve is better equipped to retrieve them for study. As well as that of this Storm. However, I say that we are to operate as one group, and no longer enter unknown areas.

Overcautious, perhaps. But this is coming from someone who ended up charring off three limbs and most vital organs to save a half-dozen people she was in charge of before being assigned to the HMRC. You might say that I dislike the idea of having major casualties in a group that I am in a command position of. A strength in many areas, a weakness in several more.

However, if you dislike what my orders are, there is only one higher authority here. And I would bet money that he would agree with me.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15864 on: August 24, 2013, 09:25:08 pm »

((My bad, action edited.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15865 on: August 24, 2013, 09:27:29 pm »

Lars bows his head.  "By the grace of the pantheon, we have survived.  All praise be, for the gods have seen fit that we shall serve another day."

Praise the gods.  Assist with any supply management.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 10:03:26 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #15866 on: August 24, 2013, 10:33:14 pm »

(I LIVE!  What's happened/ing?)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15867 on: August 24, 2013, 10:35:20 pm »

((Duuuuuude... The base just got mostly eaten by a dune style giant worm because Lars was using the hyper-powerful transmitter to preach over the airwaves, which got it's attention.))

"Shut up Lars. I'm not in the mood to put up with your religious crap right now."

Reseal the broken helmet and make a air hose to connect between Lars and whoever has the broken helmet so they can both breathe without having to swap helmets. See if I can scrounge up enough stuff to make a transmitter to signal the pickup ship.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15868 on: August 24, 2013, 10:47:30 pm »

((I think as long as Miyamoto stays in Gilgamesh, the air problem is solved for now.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15869 on: August 24, 2013, 10:56:20 pm »

((I think as long as Miyamoto stays in Gilgamesh, the air problem is solved for now.))
((Yes, but that isn't the important problem, is it? The important thing is that Lars needs to shut up. ;D))

Pages: 1 ... 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 ... 1256