Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939110 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15705 on: August 19, 2013, 03:08:35 pm »

((Don't forget the friendly neighborhood murderbot Lukas.  If it's after vibrations, perhaps firing his particle cannon off into the distance somewhere would distract it?  Lars isn't nearly clever (or aware) enough to suggest this IC.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15706 on: August 19, 2013, 03:41:05 pm »

((Don't forget the friendly neighborhood murderbot Lukas.  If it's after vibrations, perhaps firing his particle cannon off into the distance somewhere would distract it?  Lars isn't nearly clever (or aware) enough to suggest this IC.))
((Keep in mind, it might be the comms array it's after.))

"Um, guys, do you know what whatever it is might be after?"

Question: When I asked to bring out nutri-packs, I intended to bring quite a few, enough for me to stay out for a while. Did I bring that many?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15707 on: August 19, 2013, 03:56:11 pm »

Sometimes I feel like my stuff isn't very well written and doesn't make as much sense as I want it to.

Then I saw Elysium.

Honestly, that movie has parts of it that are great (The depiction of an exoskeleton system which is pretty much exactly what I had in mind when I made MKIII's, the subtle use of scarification as the future fashion of the rich, everything to do with Kruger) but the story is pure, balls out nonsense after a while and it's metaphors are about as subtle as Captain Planet.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15708 on: August 19, 2013, 03:59:44 pm »

((The movie? Missed my radar. Wait, is it related to the book by the same name?
EDIT: Nevermind, was thinking of "Ulysses".))

"Oh, for the sake of my ears, Lars, STOP PREACHING. You're about to overload my radio again, goddamit."

Ponder how it is that we are the ones exploring, and yet it is the base that gets to meet the gigantic monstrocities of this planet.
Also ponder why we have to lose valuable turns because somebody at the base seriously messed up. Again.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 04:04:39 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15709 on: August 19, 2013, 04:02:30 pm »

Sometimes I feel like my stuff isn't very well written and doesn't make as much sense as I want it to.

Then I saw Elysium.

Honestly, that movie has parts of it that are great (The depiction of an exoskeleton system which is pretty much exactly what I had in mind when I made MKIII's, the subtle use of scarification as the future fashion of the rich, everything to do with Kruger) but the story is pure, balls out nonsense after a while and it's metaphors are about as subtle as Captain Planet.
((I haven't seen it yet, but I'm still looking forward to District 10 either way. Just saying.

And it should be noted that I find your stuff very well written and sensible, at least what I've seen here. Not to mention amusing.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15710 on: August 19, 2013, 04:26:50 pm »

To everyone, sans Lars:

Sorry about the radio feedback, but it's better than one of his sermons. Especially since he was trying to use a broadcast antenna that every single known world would be able to pick up on.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15711 on: August 19, 2013, 05:27:36 pm »

"Oh, crap."

Run back towards the base sector, try to get to the antenna.

((I have an idea for what to do to draw that thing away. I'm just waiting to see what other people do/say.
We just need someone who can move fast, preferably fly. We rip the antenna, connect it to my battery pack or the portable generator with the aid of someone with high aux and then lure it away from the base and to the motion anomalies, to its death.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15712 on: August 19, 2013, 05:34:40 pm »

"Oh, crap."

Run back towards the base sector, try to get to the antenna.

((I have an idea for what to do to draw that thing away. I'm just waiting to see what other people do/say.
We just need someone who can move fast, preferably fly. We rip the antenna, connect it to my battery pack or the portable generator with the aid of someone with high aux and then lure it away from the base and to the motion anomalies, to its death.))
((You probably don't have enough time to run back. Not nearly enough time.

And that's a good idea, now you just need to voice it IC so the others can pick up on that. I'm kind of hoping the base gets wrecked. With casualties, destruction of AI Core, and other shenanigans. Because that would be awesome.))

To everyone, sans Lars:

Sorry about the radio feedback, but it's better than one of his sermons. Especially since he was trying to use a broadcast antenna that every single known world would be able to pick up on.
((I'm pretty such it amplified the sermons. So we heard both the sermon and the feedback. You know, this is way too late for that... maybe you should stop messing with electronics. Without dynamic bonuses at least.))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 05:39:30 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15713 on: August 19, 2013, 05:57:22 pm »

((Well, Bishop and Mesk have both the skills and the time to do that.
And I was hoping someone else was going to talk about what's going on and what we should do, since it doesn't seem right to have Flint deducing stuff or suggesting actions all the time.
Unfortunately, one again, people are suffering from comas.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15714 on: August 19, 2013, 07:14:04 pm »

((Also, where is Gilgamesh right now? Short of using Simus to embed an explosive underground, it's our best chance at taking out something subterranean.))

((Im currently in gilgamesh standing outside the garage with tavik and the crashed shuttle, care to fill me in on your plan?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15715 on: August 19, 2013, 09:06:10 pm »

"INCOMING! UNKNOWN OBJECT ON COLLISION COURSE WITH HOME! RUN MOTHERFUCKERS!"

Steady myself, and take aim at the oncoming thing.

"Whatever gods watch over us poor bastards, I could use some guidance. Or a welcome. Whichever comes first."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15716 on: August 19, 2013, 10:02:18 pm »

((Also, where is Gilgamesh right now? Short of using Simus to embed an explosive underground, it's our best chance at taking out something subterranean.))

((Im currently in gilgamesh standing outside the garage with tavik and the crashed shuttle, care to fill me in on your plan?))
((Gilgamesh still has those kinetic amps, doesn't it? Knock knock. ^_^))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15717 on: August 19, 2013, 10:58:32 pm »

((I'm pretty such it amplified the sermons. So we heard both the sermon and the feedback. You know, this is way too late for that... maybe you should stop messing with electronics. Without dynamic bonuses at least.))

((That's the thing, the feedback would've drowned it out completely.

Also, somewhat at a loss at how to react, in-character, to what's going on...))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15718 on: August 19, 2013, 11:01:41 pm »

((Well, I just screamed incoming, so the best course of action would be outgoing.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15719 on: August 19, 2013, 11:09:13 pm »

((While that's true, it's not exactly what I think she would end up doing.

Ah, screw it, I can blow it off later.))

Everyone get out of the base, now.

Exit base and get a few subhexes away, dragging along anyone who is not already doing the same or similar.
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1256