Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940323 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15630 on: August 13, 2013, 08:57:16 pm »

((More like never heard of them.

((The lakebed is outside the electrical zone right?))
It's marked as "Dry Lake Bed" on the map.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15631 on: August 13, 2013, 09:03:11 pm »

"What on earth was that?"
"No idea and i dont think want to find out. Its probably being attracted by the vibrations caused by me dragging the shuttle, perhaps we should make a break for it and collect the shuttle later.

stop dragging the shuttle and move about 50 feet away from it, place gilgameshes hand upon the ground and try to determine if the vibrations are getting closer or moving away.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15632 on: August 13, 2013, 09:03:56 pm »

> Queen
> Thearpox: "More like never heard of them."

>this nigga
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15633 on: August 13, 2013, 09:11:41 pm »

> Queen
> Thearpox: "More like never heard of them."

>this nigga
((Am I supposed to guess what you meant by this? It is an insult? A joke? An explanation? I don't even know...
And no, I've never heard of this band before.))

"What on earth was that?"
"No idea and i dont think want to find out. Its probably being attracted by the vibrations caused by me dragging the shuttle, perhaps we should make a break for it and collect the shuttle later.
((Vich has already encountered it, and broadcast that it is an "underground train" to everyone. Should I explain it IC? Or should we assume that you are talking only between you and Jack?))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15634 on: August 13, 2013, 09:16:41 pm »

Queen is/was a very famous band in America and much of English speaking Europe. Being Russian? I can understand why you wouldn't have heard of them.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15635 on: August 13, 2013, 09:25:22 pm »

Queen is/was a very famous band in America and much of English speaking Europe. Being Russian? I can understand why you wouldn't have heard of them.
((Yeah, happens. The funniest moment was when I was in my Political Theory class, and the teacher was talking about the (then) recent filibuster. Politics aside, that was the moment when JayZ was mentioned on the floor of Congress.

To which I raised my hand and asked: "Who the fuck is JayZ?" Then the entire room stared at me, with many facepalming. And that's how I came to know JayZ. Or more specifically, the only thing I know about him is that he's a singer and that he was mentioned on the floor of Congress.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15636 on: August 13, 2013, 09:28:21 pm »

((Oh, Russian. I apologize Thearpox, my bad. I simply assumed you were American or Western European. In those regions, not knowing of Queen is like being a Russian and not knowing *Insert  a Russian superstar here*))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15637 on: August 13, 2013, 10:55:27 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15638 on: August 13, 2013, 11:09:42 pm »

Get ALVIN to send me a list of all the things it can detect that's wrong with the base, and then sort them out in order of priority. What don't we need? What needs to be fixed NOW? What can wait a bit?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15639 on: August 14, 2013, 01:08:29 am »

((Well, I don't really know anything about Queen either, but at least I take solace in having known that they exist. I mostly knew them from "Show Must Go On" and "I Want To Break Free" though, not their apparently more well-known pieces like "Bohemian Rhapsody". :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15640 on: August 14, 2013, 01:15:24 am »

((Well, I don't really know anything about Queen either, but at least I take solace in having known that they exist. I mostly knew them from "Show Must Go On" and "I Want To Break Free" though, not their apparently more well-known pieces like "Bohemian Rhapsody". :P))
((Bohemian Rhapsody?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15641 on: August 14, 2013, 01:18:35 am »

((Bohemian Rhapsody?))
((The stuff Toaster linked to. It's... meh. Okay.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #15642 on: August 14, 2013, 01:40:47 am »

(Queen's studio stuff is really good, but you should see their live stuff for what makes them great.  Namely, Freddie Mercury being Freddie Mercury.  Though their studio output is still worth listening to if you have an ear for music.)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15643 on: August 14, 2013, 11:07:21 am »

((Where exactly are you right now? Because do you mean those blobs left by the Colossus? You don't really need to map them.
Also, I find it funny that Flint just keeps wandering off as soon as he's repaired. Miyamoto and Simus are probably really annoyed at you at this point. I wonder if they'll even care if you slice your legs up again.
((I'm east of the motion anomalies. The colossus left goo in a trench. Writing the notes must help me remember stuff because I find it strange how badly people remember things. Granted, it's been almost a year in this mission, but still...

And I know that red team moves rather slowly, so instead of waiting for them to get organized I'll move forward and wait for them to come. Plus, in case of leg slicing overshoots, it's better to have people as far away as possible.))

((@piecewise:Radio Controlled is talking about the beetle he and Lukas caught in the black tower forest. Don't remember what happened to it after they captured it. Think they sent it back to base with a shuttle?))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:12:06 am by Parisbre56 »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15644 on: August 14, 2013, 12:17:56 pm »

((Fun Fact: If someone or a musical device starts a Queen song in your presence, especially "We Will Rock You" "Bohemian Rhapsody", and you're an American, if you don't sing along your body will seize up and it will potentially have fatal result.))
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 1256