Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940481 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15615 on: August 12, 2013, 06:43:49 pm »

((Since I'm fairly sure it's not an oversized custom sandwich - do any of you seriously think that you're equipped to handle something that could as well be the size of a train? Especially since we're still in the middle of piecing our base back together after the last encounter with the local wildlife?))
((Nope. Maybe Lukas, but not me. I'm just pointing out that if one of use three had to deal with it, the monoatomic sword would be one of the better things to have, perhaps with the exception of a laser rifle.))
((Why would we attempt to fight it? Or catch it, for that matter? I was talking about following it and observing.

And Denzel would just check up on our food in case it is affected. Ideally, he would be able to move it out of the way before the train arrives, but since he's not racing it, that's kind of out.

EDIT: Oh, saw that. Yup, my bad. I meant follow instead of capture.
EDIT 2: No, it actually made sense. Capture, in the sense of capturing on camera.))
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 06:48:04 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15616 on: August 12, 2013, 07:03:37 pm »

Action edited.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15617 on: August 12, 2013, 07:21:11 pm »

((We should totally find and kill it though, imagine the amount of tokens wed get for bringing it in :o

Just have to microwave its spinal cord until its brain becomes isolated from its body.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15618 on: August 12, 2013, 08:59:14 pm »

((Do we have any Abyss mission veterans here?  They might have something to say on the matter.

PS totally go search in that sandstorm, I bet you find spice))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15619 on: August 12, 2013, 09:11:28 pm »

((Do we have any Abyss mission veterans here?  They might have something to say on the matter.

PS totally go search in that sandstorm, I bet you find spice))
((We already sampled it.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15620 on: August 12, 2013, 09:30:30 pm »

"Bishop here. Flint's legs are back to normal. I'm at a loss at what I can do right now, so I'm going to be checking out the vehicles in the garage until you need me somewhere. Let me know if you need something fixed."

Check out the damage to all the vehicles in the garage. Organise and clean up any mess in the garage too.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15621 on: August 13, 2013, 03:35:49 am »

Wander in circle around the base and observe interesting scenes
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15622 on: August 13, 2013, 05:44:59 am »

((Tinker, Tinker, little Czar...))

"Alright, let's see what we can do."

Find a nice, clear section of floor to work in.
Find a piece of scrap metal and some insulation to prevent being shocked through the floor.

See if the output of the Red Hand is sufficient to have it work as both a laser cutter and an arc welder, and if it could or would need to be modified to work as easily as either. Test by cutting apart and welding back together the piece of scrap.
((it's just nice to know if you have a backup tool for repairs, so it doesn't need to be improvised later))

Get one of the remaining rocketbikes. Examine it thoroughly. See how much modification would be needed to combine it, the wheelchair, and the electric motor, into a single vehicle capable of both driving on the ground and flying. Pay special attention to any flight controls that would be operated with the right leg.

Quote from: Anton Chernozorov, text message to Chief Engineer Bishop
Requesting permission to modify one of our surviving rocketbikes into a personal transport. There's not a lot I can do here, and I'm useless for exploration in a wheelchair.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15623 on: August 13, 2013, 11:40:04 am »

Grab all my equipment, food and stuff, enter my exosuit. Go to the zone with the orange blobs near the motion anomalies and look around.

((Just caught up. Will post some comments when I have morw time. Funny nobody used my dynamic bonus.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15624 on: August 13, 2013, 01:49:00 pm »

Start tidying up lab room. Put samples safely away in the correct containers. Check if that beetlething lukas and me caught is still alive. Also check up on my arm, ask Mesk if necessary.

You tidy up a bit, putting things back in their rightful places. That beetle, are you talking about the rock louse from the lava zone? Because thats been sliced into dozens of pieces.

Your arm is doing better; not healed yet but it's not sore anymore and the cast is good enough that you think you might be able to pilot Gilgamesh again. Probably best not to go to overboard, but you should manage normal actions just fine. No gigaton punches though.

To Everyone: "Uh, Blue Team to Base. Blue Team to Base. We are on the boundary of sectors 15 and 31. We have detected some vibrations under us moving North. Something huge is moving underground. And by huge, I mean equaling a mega-subway.

Cause of this is unknown. Neither are any other details about this anomaly. I would recommend us to cease all picnics, if any are happening, directly North of us.

What should be the course of action? Should we follow it, or will you send somebody else to keep track of it? I do not actually know if it is possible to keep up with it on foot, and we do not have any vehicles. In addition, only one of us is a robot. Response?"

How fast does it seem to be moving? Can we follow it on foot?

Continue mapping out the scales anomaly.

It's hard to tell with nothing but the vibrations to go by; but it seems to be moving pretty fast, judging by how the  vibrations fade.

You continue around the edge of the zone, finding nothing much else of interest until you finally make a full circle and reconnect up with the storm and the static.

Continue reading into the Engineer's Pantheon while I'm on the mend.

Jemlan: God of malfunction: Jemlan the Bug, Jemlan the broken cog.

The image on the opposing page is that of a skinny looking man with his eyes covered by welding goggles. His nose is very long and hooked and a thin mustache sits on his upper lip. He's holding a large wrench like a club and generally being rather stereotypically evil looking. His symbol is a broken gear.

“Jemlan is the god of malfunction and disrepair; the missing bracket in machine code, the lose screw in the engine, the imperfection in the focusing lens that causes lasers to fire sideways. He is the out of order sign and the scrapyard. Jemlan is the trickster, the one which seeks to bring disorder to Hal-mon's order. His sign should be inscribed and then crossed out on things which the worshiper wishes to keep functional. If inscribed in it's whole form, it is sure to bring misfortune to the bearer.

Wave. Then to the back of the shuttle and open the ramp.
Sir, you're in a mini shuttle. It has no doors. Its basically a series of bucket seats strapped to a metal frame with some engines. You're basically flying a metal folding ladder with rocket engines. Armor and padding is for people much more important then you.

"We're leaving it be? It doesn't require an entire team to follow it, one man on rocketbike would do. If it causes any changes in the existing landscape, it might be worth capturing. I remember Flint was hot about this sort of thing."
((And how exactly do you plan on catching this mega subway?))

commence shuttle dragging.
You grab the crashed shuttle, half lift it off the ground and start dragging, pulling it slowly back toward the main base. As you drag it, you notice something. About half way through the dry lake bed area you notice that the ground is vibrating slightly.

"I'll head over there, but I'm not racing whatever this thing is.

Head up North, monoatomic sword readied it I feel the vibrations coming my way. Check on the supply dump- there's not a need to get there before the vibrations, though. Video the whatever it is if it shows up.

((I'm probably one of the better equipped on the team for the mega-subway thing, considering the sword, but that's still not much. I don't want to have to fight it.))
You head north toward the supplies. The vibrations are about equal own here; seems whatever it is thats causing them has veered off toward the east a bit. The supplies, when you reach them, appear to be just as you left them.

"Bishop here. Flint's legs are back to normal. I'm at a loss at what I can do right now, so I'm going to be checking out the vehicles in the garage until you need me somewhere. Let me know if you need something fixed."

Check out the damage to all the vehicles in the garage. Organise and clean up any mess in the garage too.
The damage to the vehicles that remain in the garage is minimal enough not to matter. The damage to the shuttle that jack took out is probably more substantial.

Wander in circle around the base and observe interesting scenes
Scenes from "all my clones" or around the base? Cause unless you like gray  rocks and craters, there's not much to see.

((Tinker, Tinker, little Czar...))

"Alright, let's see what we can do."

Find a nice, clear section of floor to work in.
Find a piece of scrap metal and some insulation to prevent being shocked through the floor.

See if the output of the Red Hand is sufficient to have it work as both a laser cutter and an arc welder, and if it could or would need to be modified to work as easily as either. Test by cutting apart and welding back together the piece of scrap.
((it's just nice to know if you have a backup tool for repairs, so it doesn't need to be improvised later))

Get one of the remaining rocketbikes. Examine it thoroughly. See how much modification would be needed to combine it, the wheelchair, and the electric motor, into a single vehicle capable of both driving on the ground and flying. Pay special attention to any flight controls that would be operated with the right leg.

Quote from: Anton Chernozorov, text message to Chief Engineer Bishop
Requesting permission to modify one of our surviving rocketbikes into a personal transport. There's not a lot I can do here, and I'm useless for exploration in a wheelchair.
You find yourself a nice patch of floor, devoid of blood, severed limbs or other detritus.

You grab some spare aerogel insulation and lay it on the ground before putting some metal down to stand on.

The red hand could be used to cut metal...if you have a while. And to weld, if you have slightly less time. But it's not exactly fast or great at either of them.

As per your rocket BICYCLE BICYCLE! I WANT TO RIDE MY BICYCLE. Ahem. As per that, you could probably get a very rough sort of jury-rigged version running pretty easily just a fixing wheels with electric motors to the bottom of the machine. It would probably need more then two wheels to be very stable though. And yeah, there's a right leg control; much like the pedals in a jet fighter, you assume it controls minor right or left orientation.

Grab all my equipment, food and stuff, enter my exosuit. Go to the zone with the orange blobs near the motion anomalies and look around.

((Just caught up. Will post some comments when I have morw time. Funny nobody used my dynamic bonus.))

The orange blobs are still there, still as weird as before. They're like massive lumps of neon orange, semi-transparent elmer's glue filled with shimmering strands of something brightly reflective and metallic blue. They remind you, vaguely, of pictures of single cell organisms you saw in high school text books.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15625 on: August 13, 2013, 01:55:36 pm »

"What on earth was that?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15626 on: August 13, 2013, 02:15:20 pm »

Are they just standing there looking preety or are they moving/eating/singing/contemplating their mortality?

How big are they? Could I stuff them in a sample container or do I need to slice them up?

Is there an atmosphere? Does the ground look any different?

Throw a rock at one of them. How does it react?

If they don't shoot lasers or some other long ranged weapon send a drone to map the area. Have it return at the first sign of something stranger then the blobs.

((Blue team found serpentine scales, a large hole and an enormous creature moving beneath the earth. The name of the place I stayed for the past week translates to Dragon's Hole. I find the coincidence amusing.))
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 02:18:39 pm by Parisbre56 »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15627 on: August 13, 2013, 02:21:23 pm »

((Where exactly are you right now? Because do you mean those blobs left by the Colossus? You don't really need to map them.
Also, I find it funny that Flint just keeps wandering off as soon as he's repaired. Miyamoto and Simus are probably really annoyed at you at this point. I wonder if they'll even care if you slice your legs up again.

Also, that thing is now moving North-East. Base, beware!

BICYCLE BICYCLE! I WANT TO RIDE MY BICYCLE
Are you mocking me?))

Look around, then take a nap. (Vich is probably really tired at this point.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 02:23:58 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15628 on: August 13, 2013, 06:15:23 pm »

((The lakebed is outside the electrical zone right?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15629 on: August 13, 2013, 08:19:54 pm »

((Where exactly are you right now? Because do you mean those blobs left by the Colossus? You don't really need to map them.
Also, I find it funny that Flint just keeps wandering off as soon as he's repaired. Miyamoto and Simus are probably really annoyed at you at this point. I wonder if they'll even care if you slice your legs up again.

Also, that thing is now moving North-East. Base, beware!

BICYCLE BICYCLE! I WANT TO RIDE MY BICYCLE
Are you mocking me?))
Not a fan of Queen?

Look around, then take a nap. (Vich is probably really tired at this point.)
Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 1256