Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940991 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15585 on: August 10, 2013, 01:44:30 pm »

Climb in the shuttles!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15586 on: August 10, 2013, 02:02:44 pm »

"Okay then, with that taken care off, Bishop, would you start on Flint's legs? I'll be looking around and note what else needs to happen.

Lukas, you can leave once Auron and Jack are back. Help me if you want, or Bishop, or just entertain yourself a bit.

Simus, Michael, Morul and Flint, now that you're all fixed and good, ready to go? Yes? Good. Get crankin'. "

Go around our base, write down what needs to be done that could actually achieved with the tools we have here.
Then go to Ai core, spend a turn thinking and looking how to safely turn ALVIN back on.

Paris action in case he has not returned yet:
Go with Simus to explore. Wear exosuit, but only if it is repaired this turn, if not go without it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:05:29 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15587 on: August 10, 2013, 07:07:21 pm »

"Okay now for the junk equipment important bits"
Start removing equipment, broken into the rubble pile, relatively not broken into the kitchen galley
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15588 on: August 10, 2013, 07:26:21 pm »

find the shuttle, if jack isnt inside it, find jack and drop his sorry ass inside it. Begin dragging shuttle back.
Check if gilgamesh's angular stripes, flames and unicorn riding wizard paintjob seems like it will survive.

((Is it bad that i want lukas to walk into the electrical zone and  channel all the arcing electricity through his chest cannon and fire it continuously at the ground using all the energy the zone has kindly made available?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15589 on: August 10, 2013, 09:14:25 pm »

((We seem to be losing people. I am surrounded by bots. Huh, if they are like trained pets, maybe I can start a circus? Like... make them do embarassing things...))

"Huh, the ground is vibrating. If I had to guess, I would have to say that there is something below us. And since it's dissipating when we stand still, it must be aware of us. Or maybe I'm just completely misunderstanding this.

Ok Denzel, what do you think... oh. You too. Is it some kind of disease that I cause that people around me turn into zombies? Or is it something we picked up in one of the zones that will eventually consume us all? Oh well, not the worst thing that could happen."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stand still and see how Denzel fares.

If the vibrations continue happening, and are stronger to us then to Denzel, then think if that may be simply because they are tied to the location, and may be a natural phenomenon. (No Int rolls, just if there is a mathematical correlation betweem location and intensity.)

Mark our current hex location as a possible underground curiousity.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 12:40:10 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15590 on: August 10, 2013, 11:10:29 pm »

"I think that I'm clearing out of this zone, and you should too."

Cautiously back off to the side (a sub-hex into the pink mist is fine), monoatomic razor ready and keeping a feel for the vibrations, as well as an eye on my two comrades.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 04:35:11 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15591 on: August 10, 2013, 11:19:41 pm »

Cautiously back out of the zone, monoatomic razor ready and keeping a feel for the vibrations, as well as an eye on my two comrades.
"Uh, the vibrations are actually stronger up North, so I'm not sure which zone we would be clearing out of. Where exactly are you heading?"
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15592 on: August 10, 2013, 11:21:17 pm »

"That should stop those idiots from wrecking it. Hopefully." Bishop says as he looks over the wall, nodding in appreciation.

"Right, I'll have a look at his legs. And stuff."

Go and have a look at Flint's legs and figure out what the problem is exactly. Warn him not to wreck the wall in the garage, or else. Oh, and have ALVIN pressurize the garage again.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15593 on: August 11, 2013, 12:09:53 am »

Cautiously back out of the zone, monoatomic razor ready and keeping a feel for the vibrations, as well as an eye on my two comrades.
"Uh, the vibrations are actually stronger up North, so I'm not sure which zone we would be clearing out of. Where exactly are you heading?"
'I'm heading out just a bit off to the side, but not very far. Just far enough to get out of the way. I'll still be in sight."

Action edited.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15594 on: August 11, 2013, 12:36:27 am »

'I'm heading out just a bit off to the side, but not very far. Just far enough to get out of the way. I'll still be in sight."

Action edited.
((We're not near the static anymore. This:
You want to head north, skirt the pink mist and dry lake bed before heading south and mapping the edge of your current zone?
Also, we are positioned on the map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qh90p3e3idlbo0h/overall%20map.png  ))

"In sight? In that case I'll keep still and keep an eye on you."

Action edited.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15595 on: August 11, 2013, 01:57:33 am »

Go do what robots do when they have time off (like drinking beer and checking out the schematics of female robots?)
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15596 on: August 11, 2013, 11:34:51 am »

((does the lack of a leg reflect on Anton's effective stats? I know it's probably obvious, but I have to wonder.))

"Great. I'm even being helped into a wheelchair. My usefulness just keeps on skyrocketing."

Feeling particularly incapable of helping in his primary field, Anton wheels around the base, helping perform cleanup and menial repair where possible.

"Well, at least this puts me in a prime position for some scavenging."

While helping around, keep an eye out for the following items, and pocket/backpack them if possible.

- A spool of welding wire, preferably with a feeder mechanism.
- A small electric motor powerful enough to drive the wheelchair.
- Any and all remains of mapping drones and rocketbikes in and around the Garage.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15597 on: August 11, 2013, 02:27:32 pm »

"Okay now for the junk equipment important bits"
Start removing equipment, broken into the rubble pile, relatively not broken into the kitchen galley

"Hey man, stop foolin' around with this, yu need to get going. Leave this to the people who stay here. C'mon, shoo shoo."

((@Sean: do you think Anton will be able to go out exploring again anytime soon?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15598 on: August 11, 2013, 02:46:45 pm »

((Once the wheelchair is motorized/mechanized (emphasis on 'mecha') and/or flight capable, he'll be out exploring with the best of 'em. Most of the planetoid is rock, so he'll at least be useful as a supporting explorer, even if he won't go climbing.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15599 on: August 11, 2013, 07:22:00 pm »

((...rocketbike...))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 1256