Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939888 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15570 on: August 08, 2013, 01:18:49 pm »

Remember what a faraday cage is. Then make one.
[int:1]
Fuck that shit, mandude, you don't need no faraday cage-whatever that is-you can just tough it out!

You leap off the ship and onto the ground.
[end:3+1]
Your entire body tenses up and then spasms violently. You can smell something like ozone mixed with burning hair and you jerk backwards, banging your helmet against the shuttle. The suit's display distorts and flickers, overloading as you struggle to stay on your feet and not black out. Everything hurts. EVERYTHING HURTS.

Head back to base with Lukas and Flint, carrying the legs and sample.

Michael, Morul, get ready to head out, we leave for our designated zones as soon as Mesk manages to get Flint's legs back on.

And Flint, we are not waiting for your exosuit, we've wasted enough time already since we got our orders. You can live with just your suit for a while, and Bishop will probably end up having repaired it when we get back.

You follow Lukas back to base, carrying the flint's limbs and samples. You make a mental note to log the samples into the vault before leaving.

"Blessed be."

Go read the next chapter of the Engineer's Pantheon.

Jiffty Rube: God of repair
The image on the opposing page has been heavily crossed out but appears to be a poorly traced image corporate mascot of some kind; a jumpsuited man with a wrench and a beaming smile. The symbol at the bottom is a wrench, also scribbled on. The explanation page is written in black ink but has a giant “NO FUCK YOU” written across it in red marker. Below that, in red pen is the phrase “Sorry, one of the Sods got hold of the book. Ignore this.”

“Jiffty is the god wot repair things tat be broken. He putsem back together again so that we can bang bang and zzzt. He is big and shiny and lives down the hall and stairs from my house. His elfs dress likem and they fixed my gazz gun. I like him.”

((I believe it is the second time Flint has to go exploring without his exosuit. He he he.))

Wait, we were going through the scales zone? What I meant, was to go between the zone and the storm. Both me and Denzel have pretty clearly expressed a lack of desire to go into this anomaly. However, if that impossible, go back and just map the borders of the zone.

If it is possible, go between the anomaly and the Dust Storm. (Ignoring the cave.)

I've updated your map position (Bright blue, lower left). You can't track the storm without moving through this zone. You want to head north, skirt the pink mist and dry lake bed before heading south and mapping the edge of your current zone?

Miyamoto taps his hand contently on the chest of the Battlesuit.

'Gilgamesh old friend, the more I get to know you, the better it gets.'

'Maybe just deposit it in a safer location close to you somewhere, we can come pick it up later.'
"Doing that right now."

'Good man. Keep us posted.'

"So do any of you need anything done or...."

'Yes i do. I need you to gear up and get moving already. Seriously, red squad was supposed to have taken off ages ago. Just rendez-vous with Simus, she'll tell you what to do next.'

Radio channel to various people: 'Hey Lars, how you feeling? Did Mesk go easy on you? Anyway, rest up for a while longer, and rejoin your squad once you feel you're up for it. Don't force it though, or you might reopen a wound.'

'Jack, just stay put where you are. I'll send someone over in Gilgamesh to come drag you out.'

'Auron, do you think you could pilot Gilgamesh for a moment and go drag the shuttle out of the storm and back here? I can't do it with my arm, and we can't leave it laying like that. Also, Jack in there somewhere. Get him too.'

Doublecheck if the damage Gilgamesh sustained won't compromise his electrical insulating capacities. If not, help Auron with learning how to pilot him.
Gilgamesh seems sound, so you show auron the basic controls and how they function, getting him ready to use the suit should he have to.

oh hell yeah, ive always wanted to drive a mech. says auron rushing over to the haphazardly parked battlesuit.

learn to battlesuit, check if mpv can still exit garage.
It can exit just fine. The inner and outer doors are functional.

"Slight problem. I broke my helmet in two, and fried myself fixing the radio. Soooooo yeah. I need a new helmet, or a layer of something spaceproof on the outside of this one."

Think of ways to fix helmet. Accept help from Simus if she thinks of something. Think of where any spare helmets may be found, and if able, go grab one. Do not grab a spare helmet from the head of a living or comatose teammate.
The easiest thing you can think of is to borrow one from someone who stays inside, like mesk. Fixing the thing well enough to be space useful would be easy enough, but that wouldn't fix all the systems inside it; specifically the helmet computer.

"Huh. I think I may have overdone it..." Bishop states as he looks over the massive block he called a wall. "Oh, I'll have a look at that helmet for you. Maybe I can fix it, if you're lucky."

Inspect the broken helmet for the possibility of repair. Ask him how the hell he did this.
Attend to fixing Morul's helmet. With copious amounts of duct tape.
Fixing the structure of the helmet is easy; rewiring everything and making a new computer for it is hard. It's gonna require rebuilding the computer, transferring the software from one suit to the other, calibrating everything; its all easy if you have the specialized tools for it but here, using scavanged circuits and imprecise tech, it's gonna be tough.

"Okay"
Clean medbay
When you say "clean" do you mean "Take whats useful back to the pressurized areas" or "Tidy up the rubble."?

Lukas drags Flint all the way to Miyamoto.

"Boss, look at the ugly fish I caught." Lukas lets go of Flint's head."It's stupid too, because it dug itself in and couldn't get out anymore." He shakes his head at Flint and then turns back to Miyamoto again. "So what's next?"

Drag Flint to Miyamoto and drop him at Miyamoto's feet.
You walk up to Miyamoto, who is in the middle of a Battlesuit tutorial, and unceremoniously dump flint on the ground next to him.

"I recommend we fry him. Might rid him of the taste of failure."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15571 on: August 08, 2013, 01:51:41 pm »

Get back in the shuttle!

"Ow! OW! FUCK!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15572 on: August 08, 2013, 02:31:49 pm »

Brother Lars frowned.  It appears the holy book was the victim of vandalism.

Read the next page!  Then see if I'm better.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15573 on: August 08, 2013, 03:40:21 pm »

I've updated your map position (Bright blue, lower left). You can't track the storm without moving through this zone. You want to head north, skirt the pink mist and dry lake bed before heading south and mapping the edge of your current zone?
Yes.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15574 on: August 08, 2013, 03:56:02 pm »

"Hrmm. Fuck. Can I borrow someone's helmet? I broke mine."

Find someone to borrow a helmet from. If helmet is acquired, grab a weeks worth of food and water, some rods if any remain, and my shovel.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15575 on: August 08, 2013, 03:58:54 pm »

Lars perks up as Miyamoto's voice comes in.  "Glorious Leader, I believe I will need a bit of recovery.  I shall be here, providing moral support and guidance of the divine while waiting to heal.  I am studying the divine if I am needed."

"In that case, i suppose you wouldn't mind if Morul borrowed your helmet so Red team can get going, while we repair it when we get the time?"

"Okay now Auron, you go drag the shuttle and Jack back over here using Gilgamesh. Be very careful though, you never know what could go wrong in this place. Off you go."

Help with the damn repairs wherever they are performed, and check who inside the base is injured right now, and how bad it is. Hope red team will get moving sometime before the heat death of the universe.

After looking at Lukas drag Flint back inside, while Auron was leaving, something occurred to Miyamoto.

"I've got a Giant Robot fishing old people out of holes. I've got people piloting Giant Robots to fish people out of electrical oceans. Clearly, once I'm out of the HMRC I'll be going into the Humongous Automatons Fishing Industry."

"Boss, look at the ugly fish I caught." Lukas lets go of Flint's head."It's stupid too, because it dug itself in and couldn't get out anymore." He shakes his head at Flint and then turns back to Miyamoto again. "So what's next?"

"Good job there sailor, you earned yourself some shore leave. In other words, take a little break or continue to help bishop with the repairs. Or start working on the lab if you're at a loss for something to do. I'll reform a third squad once the current one finally moves their collective bottoms already."

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 04:02:45 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15576 on: August 08, 2013, 04:25:29 pm »

Clean medbay, removing rubble then equipment
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15577 on: August 08, 2013, 05:04:29 pm »

roger that boss, one useless twat and a broken shutlle coming right up.

slowly walk gilgamesh into the airlock and then march onwards to jacks zone after the door cycle is complete, inspect badass paintjob while enroute.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15578 on: August 08, 2013, 07:46:15 pm »

Lars nods.  "As you wish, Glorious Leader."

Loan Morul my helmet.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15579 on: August 08, 2013, 09:52:06 pm »

"I can fix the shell of the helmet easily enough, but it's the computer that's the problem. I just don't have the materials and good enough tools for the job. Sorry." Bishop said as he put down the two halves of the helmet.

Head back to the garage and slice away excess material from the rebuilt wall, making sure not to touch the foundations and support struts of the thing. Do so CAREFULLY AND SLOWLY so I don't make a leak in the wall. Have Alvin take out all the atmosphere in the garage first, just to be safe from decompression.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15580 on: August 08, 2013, 10:23:26 pm »

((Cant you just open/raise the faceplate and fix the helmet whilst glueing a big fuck you sticker to the computer?

Sure hell be forced to use his wristpad for comms and probably have slightly impaired vision but at least he can go outside.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15581 on: August 09, 2013, 12:39:49 am »

((I think that it manages more than you may think. Read through the results of my turn.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15582 on: August 09, 2013, 01:53:50 am »

((im just saying that it only needs to keep air in right?
piecewise said the structure was easily fixed so couldn't you just take off the faceplate to reveal the bubble dome, glue the thing back together and then hand it back to him, its not like he needs a helmet mike or has a mkII suit.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15583 on: August 09, 2013, 02:52:30 am »

"Good job there sailor, you earned yourself some shore leave. In other words, take a little break or continue to help bishop with the repairs. Or start working on the lab if you're at a loss for something to do. I'll reform a third squad once the current one finally moves their collective bottoms already."

"Thanks, boss. I think I'll follow around Bishop some more. The last time I tried to fix something by myself, it didn't really work out that well for me."

Go find Bishop, follow him around and help him out with any fixing he is doing.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15584 on: August 10, 2013, 01:21:29 pm »

Get back in the shuttle!

"Ow! OW! FUCK!"
[End:3]
You turn around and grab the craft, trying to pull yourself up. Your legs are numb; twitching uncontrollably under you and providing no support. You can feel your skin burning.

Brother Lars frowned.  It appears the holy book was the victim of vandalism.

Read the next page!  Then see if I'm better.
You're good enough to walk, if thats what you mean. But you shouldn't lift anything heavy or do anything too strenuous. It's just like being pregnant! Except I guess that would mean that Mesk is the father...and we really don't want him reproducing. Good thing stasis pods cause sterility!

Yes.
You and your team of semi-conscious tag-alongs get about halfway around the edge of the zone when you notice something. The ground beneath your feet is vibrating; shivering just slightly. You stand still and concentrate on the feeling and notice that it seems to be dissipating the longer you stand still. Whats stranger is that it feels lightly stronger to the north then it does to the south.

"Hrmm. Fuck. Can I borrow someone's helmet? I broke mine."

Find someone to borrow a helmet from. If helmet is acquired, grab a weeks worth of food and water, some rods if any remain, and my shovel.
You take Lar's helmet and grab some food, water, a few metal rods and a shovel. Sounds like a party.

Lars perks up as Miyamoto's voice comes in.  "Glorious Leader, I believe I will need a bit of recovery.  I shall be here, providing moral support and guidance of the divine while waiting to heal.  I am studying the divine if I am needed."

"In that case, i suppose you wouldn't mind if Morul borrowed your helmet so Red team can get going, while we repair it when we get the time?"

"Okay now Auron, you go drag the shuttle and Jack back over here using Gilgamesh. Be very careful though, you never know what could go wrong in this place. Off you go."

Help with the damn repairs wherever they are performed, and check who inside the base is injured right now, and how bad it is. Hope red team will get moving sometime before the heat death of the universe.

After looking at Lukas drag Flint back inside, while Auron was leaving, something occurred to Miyamoto.

"I've got a Giant Robot fishing old people out of holes. I've got people piloting Giant Robots to fish people out of electrical oceans. Clearly, once I'm out of the HMRC I'll be going into the Humongous Automatons Fishing Industry."

Lars is the only really injured person, besides Flint, but flint's more out of order then injured. You sigh and help Bishop with the repairs.

Clean medbay, removing rubble then equipment

You begin the rather slow and boring process of dragging large pieces metal and aerogel insulation out of the medbay ruins and into a pile next to the base. The exciting life of a space warrior.
roger that boss, one useless twat and a broken shutlle coming right up.

slowly walk gilgamesh into the airlock and then march onwards to jacks zone after the door cycle is complete, inspect badass paintjob while enroute.
You clank your way outside and slowly begin the trek towards Jack's crash zone. It's going to be a slow walk, skirting several anomalies in a winding southward path, but you'll get there eventually. And hell, it's not like you've got to rush or anything. As long as Jack doesn't do anything incredibly stupid like jump out of the shuttle, he should be completely fine.

Yeah, completely fine.

As for that paint job...I completely forget what you're talking about.

"I can fix the shell of the helmet easily enough, but it's the computer that's the problem. I just don't have the materials and good enough tools for the job. Sorry." Bishop said as he put down the two halves of the helmet.

Head back to the garage and slice away excess material from the rebuilt wall, making sure not to touch the foundations and support struts of the thing. Do so CAREFULLY AND SLOWLY so I don't make a leak in the wall. Have Alvin take out all the atmosphere in the garage first, just to be safe from decompression.

"Thanks, boss. I think I'll follow around Bishop some more. The last time I tried to fix something by myself, it didn't really work out that well for me."

Go find Bishop, follow him around and help him out with any fixing he is doing.
[handi:5+1-1]

You; with miyamoto and Lukas' help, shave some of the wall off bit by bit until it finally resembles the perfect, beautiful wall you made earlier. You hang a  sign on it that reads "vandalism is punishable by the most horrific death I can invent. Probably something involving your genitals and exposure to vacuum. A vacuum filled with bees."

Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 ... 1256