Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1036 1037 [1038] 1039 1040 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939999 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15555 on: August 07, 2013, 06:50:32 am »

"You can help me with rebuilding and cleaning up the garage. Either that or cleaning up the medbay and checking out how bad it's been messed up for me." Bishop grunted as he hefted a somewhat heavy plate of metal. "Just be productive and help rebuild or salvage what we can't fix. I'll let you know what you can salvage after I take a look over the whole base."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15556 on: August 07, 2013, 11:43:44 am »

"Hm, I don't think it would be practical to lug these around with us, so I'll send a signal to the base about these things. And then either they send somebody to pick this up, or we return with a vehicle later. Well, just in case there's something living in there, let's carry this several hundred meters out of the zone, just to be safe later."

To Base: "Well, the new zone we found is dense with what looks like reptilian scales. They're pretty heavy, so we're not exactly going to be able to lug these around with us. And of course, having a full scale is better than just cutting off a piece. So if we're going to grab one of these things, we're going to require either a mini-shuttle, an MPV, or a Giant Robot. However, the danger status of this zone is unknown. We haven't seen anything, but of course that doesn't mean a thing."

To Team: "Since we're not going into this anomaly, should we continue on exploring? Unless anyone has any objections, I'd elect to continue following the storm. I'm rather curious just where this thing ends."

With the help of my pet, carry this scale several hundred meters away from the zone, towards the fog I suppose.
Then continue following the Storm, keeping away from the scales. PS: I suppose the ropes are coming back if we go into the static zone again.

You drag a few scales out of this zone and somewhere safer before continuing onward, skirting the storm and static through this new and scaly zone. You don't get much farther in before you find something even more disconcerting. It's a hole, or really more of a tunnel or cave, dug straight into the stone at a shallow angle. There are a few scales scattered around it and the hole seems unnaturally uniform.  It also seems large enough to let an overweight subway train through without scratching the paint.

To Base: "Well, the new zone we found is dense with what looks like reptilian scales. They're pretty heavy, so we're not exactly going to be able to lug these around with us. And of course, having a full scale is better than just cutting off a piece. So if we're going to grab one of these things, we're going to require either a mini-shuttle, an MPV, or a Giant Robot. However, the danger status of this zone is unknown. We haven't seen anything, but of course that doesn't mean a thing."

'Maybe just deposit it in a safer location close to you somewhere, we can come pick it up later.'

After that, Miyamoto turned towards Lukas.

'Whew, glad you didn't just kill the lot of us. That would have been quite the setback in our explorations, would it not? Anyways, before you continue helping Bishop, mind grabbing some rope and go rescue Flint from his hole? Thank you.'

Go to Gilgamesh, look inside the manual (a physical one or one stored in the suit's computer) how well insulated the battlesuit is against electrical currents, like the ones in the zone our brilliant pilot is. If I cannot find this information, try to intuit how well protected it could be.
You're pretty sure you remember that someone-maybe the armory master- told you that it was electrically insulated. Something about the battle suit plate conducting it away from the frame, ah, whatever. You're sure Gilgamesh can survive anything that electrical zone can dish out.

would a faraday cage work?
[int:2]
Whats a Faraday Cage?

help anton find the wheelchair then find mesk and make him teach me how to drive the mpv

If he stays comatose instead of teaching me just sit in the drivers seat and familiarise myself with the controls.

You wander around with mr.hobbles, checking through the blasted ruins of the medbay until you find a working wheelchair. You help him into it and wheel him back to the garage before going to sit on the MPV and look over it's controls. It's controls are a pair of handlebars, an on switch and a slider that selects what kind of power to use. You don't think you'll need help for this particular vehicle.

Lars bows his head.  "Blessed be the gods, that they provide protection for the faithful.  Amen."

See if I can move around.  If so, assist in base repair duty.  (The garage I suppose)
You sit up with a great deal of difficulty. You can move, but you don't feel like you're in any shape to be lifting or moving things.

Continue with the rebuilding.
[handi:6+1]
You rebuild it alright. You rebuild it so that no one will ever destroy it again. You use ever spare bit of metal you can find, plus a few tools. Hell, you almost weld Lukas' hand in place as he holds something for you. The wall that comes out of all this is a messy, giant lump of metal, but it's strong and sturdy and you doubt anyone will be able to drive anything through it.

After that, Miyamoto turned towards Lukas.

'Whew, glad you didn't just kill the lot of us. That would have been quite the setback in our explorations, would it not? Anyways, before you continue helping Bishop, mind grabbing some rope and go rescue Flint from his hole? Thank you.'

"Oh dear, I completely forgot about Flint. I'll get right to it."

Find a piece of rope or something similar and use it to help Flint out of his hole. Then return to helping Bishop with the wall.
Now that the wall is finished, you don't have a whole lot to do. So you dig up a length of cable and wander out to flint's hole. You lower the cable in and, once flint has hold of it, drag him out like a oversized, paraplegic fish. You then proceed to grab him by the head and carry him back to base, talking to yourself the entire way back, mumbling about how they'll never believe you caught one this big and other terrible fishing jokes.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15557 on: August 07, 2013, 12:00:46 pm »

Remember what a faraday cage is. Then make one.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15558 on: August 07, 2013, 12:22:03 pm »

Head back to base with Lukas and Flint, carrying the legs and sample.

Michael, Morul, get ready to head out, we leave for our designated zones as soon as Mesk manages to get Flint's legs back on.

And Flint, we are not waiting for your exosuit, we've wasted enough time already since we got our orders. You can live with just your suit for a while, and Bishop will probably end up having repaired it when we get back.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15559 on: August 07, 2013, 01:57:50 pm »

"Blessed be."

Go read the next chapter of the Engineer's Pantheon.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15560 on: August 07, 2013, 02:21:48 pm »

((I believe it is the second time Flint has to go exploring without his exosuit. He he he.))

Wait, we were going through the scales zone? What I meant, was to go between the zone and the storm. Both me and Denzel have pretty clearly expressed a lack of desire to go into this anomaly. However, if that impossible, go back and just map the borders of the zone.

If it is possible, go between the anomaly and the Dust Storm. (Ignoring the cave.)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 02:23:53 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15561 on: August 07, 2013, 03:01:22 pm »

Miyamoto taps his hand contently on the chest of the Battlesuit.

'Gilgamesh old friend, the more I get to know you, the better it gets.'

'Maybe just deposit it in a safer location close to you somewhere, we can come pick it up later.'
"Doing that right now."

'Good man. Keep us posted.'

"So do any of you need anything done or...."

'Yes i do. I need you to gear up and get moving already. Seriously, red squad was supposed to have taken off ages ago. Just rendez-vous with Simus, she'll tell you what to do next.'

Radio channel to various people: 'Hey Lars, how you feeling? Did Mesk go easy on you? Anyway, rest up for a while longer, and rejoin your squad once you feel you're up for it. Don't force it though, or you might reopen a wound.'

'Jack, just stay put where you are. I'll send someone over in Gilgamesh to come drag you out.'

'Auron, do you think you could pilot Gilgamesh for a moment and go drag the shuttle out of the storm and back here? I can't do it with my arm, and we can't leave it laying like that. Also, Jack in there somewhere. Get him too.'

Doublecheck if the damage Gilgamesh sustained won't compromise his electrical insulating capacities. If not, help Auron with learning how to pilot him.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15562 on: August 07, 2013, 03:03:35 pm »

"Im in the middle of that electricity anomaly sitting on top of the shuttle."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15563 on: August 07, 2013, 03:44:23 pm »

Lars perks up as Miyamoto's voice comes in.  "Glorious Leader, I believe I will need a bit of recovery.  I shall be here, providing moral support and guidance of the divine while waiting to heal.  I am studying the divine if I am needed."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15564 on: August 07, 2013, 04:39:52 pm »

oh hell yeah, ive always wanted to drive a mech. says auron rushing over to the haphazardly parked battlesuit.

learn to battlesuit, check if mpv can still exit garage.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15565 on: August 07, 2013, 04:48:06 pm »

"Slight problem. I broke my helmet in two, and fried myself fixing the radio. Soooooo yeah. I need a new helmet, or a layer of something spaceproof on the outside of this one."

Think of ways to fix helmet. Accept help from Simus if she thinks of something. Think of where any spare helmets may be found, and if able, go grab one. Do not grab a spare helmet from the head of a living or comatose teammate.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15566 on: August 07, 2013, 05:57:50 pm »

Attend to fixing Morul's helmet. With copious amounts of duct tape.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15567 on: August 07, 2013, 08:15:54 pm »

"Huh. I think I may have overdone it..." Bishop states as he looks over the massive block he called a wall. "Oh, I'll have a look at that helmet for you. Maybe I can fix it, if you're lucky."

Inspect the broken helmet for the possibility of repair. Ask him how the hell he did this.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15568 on: August 08, 2013, 03:40:22 am »

"Okay"
Clean medbay
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15569 on: August 08, 2013, 07:15:49 am »

Lukas drags Flint all the way to Miyamoto.

"Boss, look at the ugly fish I caught." Lukas lets go of Flint's head."It's stupid too, because it dug itself in and couldn't get out anymore." He shakes his head at Flint and then turns back to Miyamoto again. "So what's next?"

Drag Flint to Miyamoto and drop him at Miyamoto's feet.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 1036 1037 [1038] 1039 1040 ... 1256