Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940644 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15540 on: August 06, 2013, 02:05:57 am »

To All: "HELLO?! what the hell is happening?"
Respond appropriately to any response otherwise wander back to base
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15541 on: August 06, 2013, 02:29:57 am »

"It's just one thing after another with you people..." Bishop grouses as he heads towards the garage. "I'm going to rebuild the damn wall AGAIN. Let's hope someone doesn't get the bright idea to punch a hole in it AGAIN, or so help me, I will STAB A BITCH AND FEED HIM TO MESK."

Pull myself together and head back to the garage to get to work on fixing the wall with the salvage from the previous one. Have gimpy organise tools and materials back to where they came from and clean up the mess while I work.

Lukas looks around confused. "What just happened? In a flash I felt like I wanted to murder all you guys, and then in another flash I felt like I wanted to die." He sees Bishop wandering off to the demolished garage again. "Wait, I'll help you again!"

Follow Bishop and help him fix the wall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15542 on: August 06, 2013, 11:07:45 am »

"Ёёё-оперный театр...  ye gods, that crystal sure did a number on this place. Wow. It'll probably take us a small fortune in scrap metal to fix. What a time for a tech to be a cripple. Better do something about it fast."

Start looking around for a set of parts that could make a wheelchair. Focus on finding a set of matching wheels, then a small motor and some scrap to make the frame of the thing. Mark the parts down when found and ask anyone in the vicinity who doesn't look occupied to help me get them into one place so I can work.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15543 on: August 06, 2013, 11:09:36 am »

((Didn't Lars ride around in a wheelchair for a time? I bet you could use that.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15544 on: August 06, 2013, 12:55:03 pm »

((OH DEAR.))

Wake up, hopefully.  Dream of the gods of medicine, so that they may watch over me.
You wake up in one of the barracks beds, confused and sore as hell. Your shirt is off and when you look down you can see a newly stitched shut cut on your side. It hurts, but you can breathe normally again, and you don't seem to be dying of any new, kickboxing based surgical injuries. Everything turned out better then expected.

Throw metal to find a safe path..
You throw the hunk of metal out on the ground. It crackles with electrical discharge, bright points of arcing on every point touching the ground, sending up thin whitish vapors and slowly turning red hot. Hmm. You try a few more places and they're pretty much the same story; lots of electricity, no safe path.

"It's just one thing after another with you people..." Bishop grouses as he heads towards the garage. "I'm going to rebuild the damn wall AGAIN. Let's hope someone doesn't get the bright idea to punch a hole in it AGAIN, or so help me, I will STAB A BITCH AND FEED HIM TO MESK."

Pull myself together and head back to the garage to get to work on fixing the wall with the salvage from the previous one. Have gimpy organise tools and materials back to where they came from and clean up the mess while I work.
You start rebuilding, using Lukas as an all purpose heavy lifting machine again.

[handi:4+1]

The first half of the wall comes together perfectly. The welding is so good you could hang it in a museum and the supports are double thick this time; enough to stop any would be joy riders.

((How many turns would those 60 seconds be?))

"So, we're either dealing with something alive, or with something... else. I would like to know just how territorial it is, and how dangerous. I honestly don't know if you Denzel, being a robot, would have some ideas for experimentation in this area, but I'm not going inside of it. Not without some serious firepower."

Could something be potentially be hidden beneath those scales, or can we more or less see beneath them? Can we potentially hide beneath them, if we need to?
Can we get the map around us filled in, so we know what to avoid, and if the scales border the storm.
Does this place have any atmosphere?
How light are those scales and how easy would they be to break?

You can more or less see most of the area beneath the pile of scales; there are only a few in the pile.
You might be able to hide under them, if you had the time to arrange them properly.
Done.
It doesn't seem to.
You can pick them up with some difficulty, even with the exosuit, so they're fairly heavy. They seem vaguely flexible and don't look like they'd break that easily. But without testing, you can't really tell.

"Well, I'm not about to go in their either- we robots aren't THAT tough- but I am willing to take some of these scales as samples, if it's safe. Zeph, hold this stuff for me, will you?"

Survey the area VERY carefully. If nothing is in sight, rock-throw my way to the closest pile, sans-gear (give it to Zeph to hold for the time being- I'll claim it when I get back), being ready to turn back at any sign of danger. If I get to the pile safely, grab as many of the scales as I can carry and make my way back to my comrades as fast as is safe.
You test the ground with a stone. Nothing happens so you walk carefully over to the scales and bring one back to Vich, who examines it.

okay then, quickly upload the program to my suit and use my medical prowess to smooth out mesks surgery if necessary.

Oh and activate the thermal radar but not the visual filter.

Without the filter I suppose all you would see is something akin to a radar screen, but showing blips of heat rather then movement.

To All: "HELLO?! what the hell is happening?"
Respond appropriately to any response otherwise wander back to base
No one seems particularly talkative so...Back to base you go.

Lukas looks around confused. "What just happened? In a flash I felt like I wanted to murder all you guys, and then in another flash I felt like I wanted to die." He sees Bishop wandering off to the demolished garage again. "Wait, I'll help you again!"

Follow Bishop and help him fix the wall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You apply your particular skill of lifting heavy things and then putting them down.

"Ёёё-оперный театр...  ye gods, that crystal sure did a number on this place. Wow. It'll probably take us a small fortune in scrap metal to fix. What a time for a tech to be a cripple. Better do something about it fast."

Start looking around for a set of parts that could make a wheelchair. Focus on finding a set of matching wheels, then a small motor and some scrap to make the frame of the thing. Mark the parts down when found and ask anyone in the vicinity who doesn't look occupied to help me get them into one place so I can work.
You remember that Lars was wheeling around in a wheelchair at some point in the past. Maybe it's still in the ruins of the Medbay, or in the temporary medbay in the barracks.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15545 on: August 06, 2013, 01:22:43 pm »

"Hm, I don't think it would be practical to lug these around with us, so I'll send a signal to the base about these things. And then either they send somebody to pick this up, or we return with a vehicle later. Well, just in case there's something living in there, let's carry this several hundred meters out of the zone, just to be safe later."

To Base: "Well, the new zone we found is dense with what looks like reptilian scales. They're pretty heavy, so we're not exactly going to be able to lug these around with us. And of course, having a full scale is better than just cutting off a piece. So if we're going to grab one of these things, we're going to require either a mini-shuttle, an MPV, or a Giant Robot. However, the danger status of this zone is unknown. We haven't seen anything, but of course that doesn't mean a thing."

To Team: "Since we're not going into this anomaly, should we continue on exploring? Unless anyone has any objections, I'd elect to continue following the storm. I'm rather curious just where this thing ends."

With the help of my pet, carry this scale several hundred meters away from the zone, towards the fog I suppose.
Then continue following the Storm, keeping away from the scales. PS: I suppose the ropes are coming back if we go into the static zone again.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 03:21:27 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15546 on: August 06, 2013, 02:38:34 pm »

To Base: "Well, the new zone we found is dense with what looks like reptilian scales. They're pretty heavy, so we're not exactly going to be able to lug these around with us. And of course, having a full scale is better than just cutting off a piece. So if we're going to grab one of these things, we're going to require either a mini-shuttle, an MPV, or a Giant Robot. However, the danger status of this zone is unknown. We haven't seen anything, but of course that doesn't mean a thing."

'Maybe just deposit it in a safer location close to you somewhere, we can come pick it up later.'

After that, Miyamoto turned towards Lukas.

'Whew, glad you didn't just kill the lot of us. That would have been quite the setback in our explorations, would it not? Anyways, before you continue helping Bishop, mind grabbing some rope and go rescue Flint from his hole? Thank you.'

Go to Gilgamesh, look inside the manual (a physical one or one stored in the suit's computer) how well insulated the battlesuit is against electrical currents, like the ones in the zone our brilliant pilot is. If I cannot find this information, try to intuit how well protected it could be.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15547 on: August 06, 2013, 02:41:49 pm »

'Maybe just deposit it in a safer location close to you somewhere, we can come pick it up later.'
"Doing that right now."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15548 on: August 06, 2013, 05:36:32 pm »

would a faraday cage work?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15549 on: August 06, 2013, 06:36:01 pm »

help anton find the wheelchair then find mesk and make him teach me how to drive the mpv

If he stays comatose instead of teaching me just sit in the drivers seat and familiarise myself with the controls.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15550 on: August 06, 2013, 07:14:43 pm »

Lars bows his head.  "Blessed be the gods, that they provide protection for the faithful.  Amen."

See if I can move around.  If so, assist in base repair duty.  (The garage I suppose)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:47:24 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15551 on: August 06, 2013, 11:01:25 pm »

Continue with the rebuilding.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15552 on: August 07, 2013, 12:58:14 am »

would a faraday cage work?
((must...resist...badly...explaining...how...faraday...cages...work...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15553 on: August 07, 2013, 02:30:40 am »

After that, Miyamoto turned towards Lukas.

'Whew, glad you didn't just kill the lot of us. That would have been quite the setback in our explorations, would it not? Anyways, before you continue helping Bishop, mind grabbing some rope and go rescue Flint from his hole? Thank you.'

"Oh dear, I completely forgot about Flint. I'll get right to it."

Find a piece of rope or something similar and use it to help Flint out of his hole. Then return to helping Bishop with the wall.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15554 on: August 07, 2013, 04:28:52 am »

"So do any of you need anything done or...."
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 1256